NFFC Hold 'Em Post-Season Tournament Rules

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:45 am

Originally posted by Gantze Machers:
Greg,

I thing you should go with 4x for the last round. That's already a huge bonus for the teams that pick correctly. It will keep the action closer in the final round.

Josh I have updated the rules on the first page, updating Sections 2 and 6. I've changed the multipliers to 1x, 2x, 3x, and 4x. I've also limited moves to four per week and have limited the number of players per team in the third round to three per NFL team. Thus the most players anyone will have in the Super Bowl will be 10.

I could increase the transaction fees, but I still think picking that initial roster and making the right roster changes in Week 2 are the key. I'll leave it at $2 per transaction right now.

Feel free to offer any other suggestions and we'll consider it. Thanks for the input over the weekend and I'd say we have about a dozen interested participants already. I'll let you know when the site is finished and we can officially start taking signups.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:36 am

Greg - I'm in! Do I need to do anything else but post it here? I need at least one more chance to throw some money away!!!!

Thanks,

Pete Lukowicz

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:13 am

Originally posted by Jersey Dawg:
Greg - I'm in! Do I need to do anything else but post it here? I need at least one more chance to throw some money away!!!!

Thanks,

Pete Lukowicz I can sign you up, Pete. You're good to go.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:47 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by UFS:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
After the second round, there is no limit to the number of players per NFL team you can have on your playoff roster.
This is a real bad rule.

Everyone is going to have the same 2 QB's, same 2 main RB's, and same 4 main WR's from the Super Bowl teams, unless I'm reading this wrong.
[/QUOTE]Good point. Here's the proposed change:

2. Draft: Owners must manage a team of 12 players throughout the playoffs to accumulate the most league points. Owners will initially complete their roster by selecting one player from each team that qualified for the playoffs. In the second round as teams are eliminated from the playoffs, owners can have as many as two players from the same team on their Hold ’Em roster. In the third round as teams are eliminated from the playoffs, owners can have as many as three players from the same team on their roster. In the Super Bowl, teams are limited to four spots per team. As teams are eliminated from the playoffs, owners are allowed to restock their roster by adding free agents at $2 per transaction, but transactions are limited to four per week.
[/QUOTE]Much better, but I would keep the Super Bowl at 3 also. I'd still play at 4, but 3 would reward the earlier rounds better. 3 really put more skill into round one.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:44 am

Greg - I agree with John on three - we don't want all the lineups looking the same in Week 4 of the playoffs

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:12 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
Greg - I agree with John on three - we don't want all the lineups looking the same in Week 4 of the playoffs Thanks...

I did something similar to this with NCAA for many years...

Each team took 7 players. You could not have more than 2 from any team and could not change players at all. It was just points only.

Every 64 teams were randomly placed in a 64-team bracket. All you had to do was have the most cumulative points at the end of each round against the team you were bracketed against. Guys loved it. Do you take a high scoring guy off a team you know won't last or take the guys from the teams expected in final four? You had to do some combo of this to get past first two rounds.

[ December 19, 2005, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: UFS ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:29 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
Greg - I agree with John on three - we don't want all the lineups looking the same in Week 4 of the playoffs Good suggestion. That would reward those owners who picked those Super Bowl players in the previous round.

Dabigu

Post by Dabigu » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:14 am

Greg, count me in
Some Assembly Required

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:50 am

I'm in :)

King of Queens