Chicago League 5 - pick 5

steve123

Post by steve123 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:25 pm

King of Queens-

Am I missing something? I think I used the correct words at the appropriate time.

Doesn't matter though, because if you're from Queens, we all can't understand a word you say - it's not even English.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:33 pm

Originally posted by Back to School:
King of Queens-

Am I missing something? I think I used the correct words at the appropriate time.

Doesn't matter though, because if you're from Queens, we all can't understand a word you say - it's not even English. Nicely done, BTS. Good work!

I was referring to your previous signature that read "Guess where your going? Back to School" An innocent typo, of that I'm sure.

No worries here, well, except perhaps for your WR depth! :D

sranaghan

Post by sranaghan » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:35 pm

Have only been in this thing for 1 year before this. Would be interested to see what people thought of my lineup. The flex is obviously a problem but think it might be just so so. Here is the starting.

QB Matt Hasselback
RB Larry Johnson
RB Deshaun Foster
WR Roy Williams
WR Lee Evans
WR David Givens
TE Vernon Davis
K Shayne Graham
D Miami
FL Maybe Mike Anderson or Cedric Wilson

Obviously some holes but the league overall was not overly easy I didnt think...

sranaghan

Post by sranaghan » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:37 pm

I think Givens could be the #1 before long in Tenn....if that is the case that is 3 decent #1 Wideouts I could have albeit not great ones.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:42 pm

Originally posted by sranaghan:
Have only been in this thing for 1 year before this. Would be interested to see what people thought of my lineup. The flex is obviously a problem but think it might be just so so. Here is the starting.

QB Matt Hasselback
RB Larry Johnson
RB Deshaun Foster
WR Roy Williams
WR Lee Evans
WR David Givens
TE Vernon Davis
K Shayne Graham
D Miami
FL Maybe Mike Anderson or Cedric Wilson

Obviously some holes but the league overall was not overly easy I didnt think... When I see these posts, I'm sure I do the same thing a lot of you do: try to figure out in which round each player went. It's an important determinant of whether you had a good draft or not -- before the games begin anyway. Let me give this roster a shot:

1. RB Larry Johnson
2. RB Deshaun Foster
3. WR Roy Williams
4. WR Lee Evans (or maybe 5th round)
5. QB Matt Hasselback (perhaps 4th round)
6. ???
7. ???
8. ???
9. ???

The rest of your players listed (Givens, Davis, Anderson, Wilson, Graham, Miami) should have all been taken after the break, or Rounds 10-18.

Am I missing something here??

steve123

Post by steve123 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:48 pm

The signature line was put up there by my co-manager. He didn't finish college...

In future posts, I'm sure you will be able to distinguish which one of us is doing the writing. Our styles are completely different.

Sranaghan, I don't have much faith in DeShaun Foster. He's been in the league for four years, and his career stats wouldn't even make him a top ten back for a season. Sure, CAR paid him to be the feature back, but that was before the marvelous DeAngelo Williams was available at #27. DeAngelo is probably the most durable back to ever play in college, especially when you consider he faced 8 and 9 men in the box constantly and still finished his career as the NCAA all-purpose yards leader.

I think Mike Anderson was demoted to the third RB as Musa Smith impressed this preseason and is finally healthy. Cedric Wilson will put up decent numbers until Santonio Holmes is ready to move into the #2 WR position.

sranaghan

Post by sranaghan » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:55 pm

I have Deangelo Williams as my backup and Mike anderson also...I dont think jamal will last 4 weeks....and if foster goes down I have deangelo williams....anderson is really the key to my team unfortunately....but vernon davis is not really a 10-18 pick...has a lot of upside and is a red zone option for sure.... and shayne graham and the mia def were picked 10-18...where would you think they would be picked?

sranaghan

Post by sranaghan » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:56 pm

Back to School, that is why I took deangelo williams...it causes other problems but there are a ton of question marks for a lot of these rb's.....and I dont think there is anyway Billick gives Musa Smith the job over Mike Anderson if jamal has issues....

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:56 pm

Originally posted by Back to School:
The signature line was put up there by my co-manager. He didn't finish college...

In future posts, I'm sure you will be able to distinguish which one of us is doing the writing. Our styles are completely different.Suggestion: register as a different user. That way we can all be sure that you...are YOU! :D

sranaghan

Post by sranaghan » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:58 pm

I dont know what league you drafted in man..but David Givens is no 11th or 12th round pick....Travis Taylor was going in the 12th round in my league....KOQ,lets see your team...I'd like to see what you drafted....