Number 1 in 2008

dcc1973

Number 1 in 2008

Post by dcc1973 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:37 pm

There's no point in doing rankings yet, as the guys everyone drools over the coming year are the players who have a strong end to the season.

Certainly AP will be a top pick next year as long as he avoids serious injury, but there's no point in slotting him in yet.

ultimatefs

Number 1 in 2008

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:01 pm

Originally posted by Diesel:
#1 in 2008 is still going to be LT2.

Peterson has earned his right to a first round pick, but not first overall.

Michael Clayton had a great rookie season. He didn't set any single game records for yardage, but he was tearing into the fantasy stat lines every week. He now cleans the men's showers after games. Tampa Bay needed to validify his salary. This was the only way they felt his money was earned...lol

Until I see A. Peterson do what he's doing for a full season, and NOT GET HURT, he's still a great RB with talent and *potential*. I wouldn't go any further with my scouting report on him because there's not enough to analize on him. I get your point, but AP looks a lot closer to Eric Dickerson style than Michael Clayton style...
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Coltsfan

Number 1 in 2008

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:36 am

Originally posted by David Comings:
There's no point in doing rankings yet, as the guys everyone drools over the coming year are the players who have a strong end to the season.

Certainly AP will be a top pick next year as long as he avoids serious injury, but there's no point in slotting him in yet. David,

It's a discussion board for fantasy football. Future rankings should be an acceptable topic. Besides, this helps divert the discussions away from the Bears. :D

Boutrous,

Agreed!

John Z,

AP isn't even from the same species as Michael Clayton. :D

Wayne

mkrucek

Number 1 in 2008

Post by mkrucek » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:56 am

Originally posted by JohnZ:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
#1 in 2008 is still going to be LT2.

Peterson has earned his right to a first round pick, but not first overall.

Michael Clayton had a great rookie season. He didn't set any single game records for yardage, but he was tearing into the fantasy stat lines every week. He now cleans the men's showers after games. Tampa Bay needed to validify his salary. This was the only way they felt his money was earned...lol

Until I see A. Peterson do what he's doing for a full season, and NOT GET HURT, he's still a great RB with talent and *potential*. I wouldn't go any further with my scouting report on him because there's not enough to analize on him. I get your point, but AP looks a lot closer to Eric Dickerson style than Michael Clayton style...
[/QUOTE]Couldn't agree more, John. He is easily the best rb in the game right now and I don't think it's all that close. And that's with a dumbass head coach, the second worst qb in the league (to Carr, TK) and 13-man fronts set up to stop him. He made a very good defense look worse than the Bengals on Sunday.

He can take it the distance from any point on the field. And he can do it on any given play. He doesn't even need a big hole as he's strong enough to make his own. He's not only fast but he's quick. With all the defenders he attracts to the line once he's through there's very little in the secondary to stop him. And he's not getting caught from behind.

Sure, he can get hurt. But if he stays healthy I don't see how anyone can say he's any worse than top 3. And right now I'd take him first.

One more thing, not that it matters as far as talent is concerned. He seems like a really nice kid. Not cocky or arrogant, appreciates the opportunity he has been given, polite in interviews, humble and not a phony. Someone you can feel good about his doing well.

[ November 06, 2007, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: 4D ]
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Route Collectors

Number 1 in 2008

Post by Route Collectors » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:39 am

Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by JohnZ:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
[/QUOTE]One more thing, not that it matters as far as talent is concerned. He seems like a really nice kid. Not cocky or arrogant, appreciates the opportunity he has been given, polite in interviews, humble and not a phony. Someone you can feel good about his doing well.
[/QUOTE]I noticed that too 4D. Very refreshing attitude. It's always nice to have guys on your team that you appreciate as a person as well.