PAID FANTASY FOOTBALL INFORMATIONAL SITES? WORTH IT?

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:17 am

to stay on topic, i will say im going to try the guru's site.. sounds like a good site where the writers will actually admit when they screw up..

not many sites will admit when they are wrong.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:15 pm

I'd like to know how many people on here that have paid and/or run these fantasy sites made the NFFC Main playoffs or won their Main leagues??
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:24 pm

great question !!!
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:45 pm

Originally posted by Go Getta:
I'd like to know how many people on here that have paid and/or run these fantasy sites made the NFFC Main playoffs or won their Main leagues?? Not many, as you will see a lot of people who have websites and compile rankings DO NOT even follow them when they draft. :confused: :rolleyes:

Gotta wonder what some of them are really trying to accomplish with their websites....

1) Offering believable information

OR

2) Just trying to "make a buck"???

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:27 pm

Weber,

Using another sites email list is unethical. Your email was unsolicited. When you spam like that you should include an ability for those who recieve it to be able to be removed from your list.

Using another persons or sites email list is the wrong way to build a clientel.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:27 pm

Originally posted by weber:
Capt, what benefit do i get from people reading my blog? seriously? do i get paid? NO. do i get other benefits? No although Nag keeps offering but i don't go that way. ? An FYI: I am keeping a running total to all the vague, unprovoked homosexual references you personally have made in my direction (after I have once warned you to stop). I will continue to keep track of these and at some point in the future, I definitely look forward to discussings this issue further. Happy Holidays.

[ December 14, 2007, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: Nag' ]
For Players. By Players.

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:35 pm

I for one would never pay for some website to tell me the same things that I can get from rotoworld, yahoo or espn for free. I didn't pay for any sites this year and I won my league in the Main and am currently 5th in the playoff. I prefer to use the free info, my knowledge of football and the players to make my decisions. But to each their own.

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:38 pm

I bet the number of people that don't own sites far out numbers the people that do.
Seems obvious, so it also seems obvious that the people who put themselves out there with an opinion also run the risk of not making the playoffs.
So here's the catch 22, as alluded to by the legend himself.

If you compete and make the playoffs then you "should have" because you own a site.
If you don't compete, no shot of making the playoffs.
If during the draft you don't follow you cheatsheet to the letter, you open yourself up for critisism, as if during a experts draft here or someplace else everything goes perfectly.

It's impossible, so I would imagine most site owners don't compete in the NFFC or WCOFF because you expose yourself to losing, and I guess thats not suppossed to happen.

Fortunatley, I'm a FF player, and I have a healthy track record to show for my efforts, plus, quite frankly, I know football and the workings of it so well I have a nice viewpoint for FF.

So, sometimes you have a bad year, while trying to make a buck, and when you do, someone will point it out. That's the price of trying to be successful, not a problem here.

3'
Main Event League Champion in:
WCOFF
Fantasy Jungle
AFFL
Fantasy Masters
NFFC
Most Points Regular Season in WCOFF outscoring 680+ teams
Lead overall scoring in:
Fantasy Masters
Payday Sports

Find me a site owner that can say THAT?

[ December 14, 2007, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:47 pm

Originally posted by 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com:
So here's the catch 22, as alluded to by the legend himself.Who is the "legend", Lou????? :confused:

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:50 pm

I'm betting there won't be any because you are probably one of the few that are successful.