I'll Be Here To Chat Today

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:58 am

If welker is healthy, is Brady your #4QB? How far is he from the Big 3?
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:59 am

Your thoughts on the following #2, #3 receivers getting a lot of hype and whether they will live up it and their rising draft positions....

-Nicks
-Maclin
-Knox
-Floyd
-Wallace

Glenn

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:59 am

Originally posted by KyThunder:
If welker is healthy, is Brady your #4QB? How far is he from the Big 3? Yup. He's No. 4 on my rankings now. I think he's right there with Manning in the second tier behind Brees and Rodgers.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:01 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
Tom, I'm not one to typically grab a QB too early. However, in this format you have to think about it. What's the earliest you would grab a QB this year in this format?

Also, who's the last QB you would feel comfortable going in with as your everyday starter? Give me a couple in the same tier.

Thanks,
Glenn I agree about the importance of a top QB, Glenn. The earliest I'd feel comfortable would be at the back end of the second round. The problem there, though, is 3RR and you're waiting awhile for your next pick. But that's the soonest I'd be comfortable taking one in the NFFC.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:23 am

Your thoughts on the following #2, #3 receivers getting a lot of hype and whether they will live up it and their rising draft positions....

-Nicks
-Maclin
-Knox
-Floyd
-Wallace

Glenn I like Maclin a lot. I think he's a No. 1 WR who the Eagles have as their No. 2 I would be very happy with him as my WR2. I like Nicks as well as a WR2. I think Floyd will be a rock solid WR3 if Jackson stays out. I like Knox and Wallace as breakout players.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:26 am

Also, who's the last QB you would feel comfortable going in with as your everyday starter? Give me a couple in the same tier.

Sorry. I had some people stop by the office and missed this question. My last QB that I'd feel comfortable with as my QB1 would be Favre. I have eight that I really feel are solid to great QB1 options. They are:

Brees
Rodgers
Manning
Brady
Romo
Schaub
Rivers
Favre

After that I'd be willing to gamble on Kolb or Flacco because I like their upside. If I don't get one of those 10 QBs I may cry.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:26 am

jamal charles is my big question going into my online draft.

i passed stupidly on Chris Johnson last year and I think Charles might be that good....but Thomas Jones is holding me back - would i be making the same mistake 2 years running if i pass?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:28 am

Originally posted by mattjb:
jamal charles is my big question going into my online draft.

i passed stupidly on Chris Johnson last year and I think Charles might be that good....but Thomas Jones is holding me back - would i be making the same mistake 2 years running if i pass? Depends who else is there. I think Thomas Jones is going to make an impact there. At the very least I think he'll be the goal-line back which robs Charles of a lot of fantasy upside. There are probably 17-18 RBs I feel better about right now than Charles. I like him but I'm not confident he's going to blow up like some believe.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich