Commish Big D (Marc Quitsch)

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:31 am

You guys must've done a number on Marc since he hasn't posted yet.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:47 am

I might be interested in the August 14th auction. I really like this format. I do have to admit, it was very nice being the first one finished. When I left warrior still only had 12 of his 26 players.

Which teams do you guys like?

Wayne

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:52 am

Guys, I jut got home from a rough day at work after ending the draft t 1:15 AM, getting up at 4:30 AM, and working until 4PM...

Thanks for the recognition for the work I put into the draft. I honestly only had a 5 minute phone call with George Prado and went with it from there. Other than the Ahman Green decision, everything went as predicted. I told BWaz, I thought it would take 4-5 hours easy, but he thought it would be around 3...lol

I think too many people got booted last night. I froze it every time it happened, but honestly, it must have happened about 11 times. That adds up to about a half hour of backtracking. That was rough, along with drafting my own team at the same time.

But while doing the auction AND doing the commissioner thing, I still came out with a decent team. I'm happy that have the entire Broncos and Giants running game. That was a good start. Brees as my QB. T. Ownes as my #1. NE as my #1 DEf....Wilkins as my #1 K....McMichael is a MAYBE....Bennett is a great pickup for about $7...All in all, I'm content. It was a lot of work, and I would definitely do it again if 1- I wasn't playing and 2- I got paid for it...LMAO...Because that's a long time to be sitting at a desk.... :)

Thanks for the Thanks.

Marc
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:11 am

I also suggest that NOBODY uses internet explorer when using fantasyauctioneer.com.

I use firefox and didn't get booted once last night. All you have to do is go to firefox.com and download their web browser. Then, when you log onto the internet, you log onto firefox INSTEAD of internet explorer like you normally do. Once you enter fantasyauctioneer.com via firefox, you're good to go. Guys, I know some of you use internet explorer and have no problems, but I think it may be the cause of the problems that people are having. If you've ever been booted, dowload firefox and you'll be fine from there on in.

ALSO, I added on a few seconds onto the draft. It's usually 30 seconds to pick a player. I upped it to 45 seconds. There wasn't one person that missed their turn and had a player come up that they didn't put up for bid themselves.

I don't know if anyone realized, but I bumped the bid time up 2 seconds. That extra 2 seconds gave everyone more of a relaxed auction atmosphere, and there wasn't anyone who said that it went too fast and they missed out on a player. The only way someone missed a player was if they were booted off.

These are just my own evaluations of the site. It's a great site, but those few things could be tweaked, if enough people agreed with the way I ran it...I mean, when we do the LIVE auctions, the live auctioneer doesn't go "going once, going twice, sold", in a rush....They take their time so everyone has their chance to consider their bid.

I had a great time, but I'm going to sleep until tomorrow, right now...LMAO

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:41 am

I hear you Snake...If you continue to enter auctions on this site, you MUST download firefox. I NEVER use firefox, except when doing auction drafts here. I always use internet explorer, but when it's time to draft, I click out of IE, and click into firefox. It makes a WORLD of difference.

ANd just between me and you, Greg and Tom gave me a company car for fascilitating the draft. It's a Yugo with NFFC on the side of it...LMAO

I'll be honest with you, I enjoyed running it. I feel it runs better when someone is there for EVERY pick. But that's a lot to ask for when the NFFC does like 2,987 satellites a year...lol....Tom K needs to take a pee break every now and then...LMAO

Also, thank you to everyone for giving me 5 minutes to talk to my wife about that phone call. You all know it was important and the patience you gave me will be remembered. I'm STILL waiting for results(I hate doctors). But the fact that you guys were so cool about it was as DIESEL as you can expect from any league...No pun intended. Okay maybe yes. lol

Good Luck...

Also, Is there anyone that would like to criticize my team? I don't mind you posting it. I won't be doing any other DC Auctions, so there is ZERO chance of me drafting this way again in the live draft. Any criticism will be taken well. And just remember, I was doing this while people were freezing up, Snake and Billy were fighting (althought most of it was funny), and BWaz had an elctrical storm throw his PC off as he changed to a laptop. Okay, enough with the excuses....Feel free to post my entire team if anyone wants....And go to town on me.

Also, is it 1 winner? or pay top 3?

Marc

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:01 pm

Last night's league is Winner take all for a free NFFC main event entry for 2008.

The 8/14 one is pay top three.

I second what Diesel suggested to any of you using fantasyauctioneer.com - DOWNLOAD FIREFOX
Like Marc, I only use that browser for that site and it does help a lot - does nothing to help anyone IF/when the whole site freezes as it did on the Green bidding, but you never have to exit and come back which can frequently happen with IE

And, I still find it irritating that the way they have the clock set you can (sometimes - bigger problem is the lack of consistency on this) sneak in a bid at the wire; have the "auctio" announce sold while meanwhile the clock is continuing on the next bid. You could easily turn to do something else thinking you had won the player only to find out it was still going on a higher bid - yes the audio for "going once" or "going twice" should alert you, but when you are there for five hours or longer many of us try to overlap or do other necessary things and could miss the continued bidding. Still for auctions, it is the best site I am aware of.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:06 pm

Cap, that is a loophole to the bidding for sure.

Instead of being going once, going twice, sold....

It's going once, going twice, sold...then 1 second more.

It's like when people say "Do we run on 1,2,THREE?" "Or do we run on 1,2 3, GO"? That extra second causes some problems every draft.

I've written down a player I thought I bought twice last night, to find that it was being bid on aain because someone put a bid in at the exact time the woman's voice says SOLD...It should end at the word SOLD.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:08 pm

Here's my team drafted with $210 in DC Auction format, while being commissioner. Let 'er rip. Does ANYONE think I have a shot in hell at winning ? lol

Tom K (TomKessenich)
Pos Name Team Bye Salary
QB Drew Brees Saints (NOR) 4 21
RB Travis Henry Broncos (DEN) 6 50
RB Mike Bell Broncos (DEN) 6 8
WR Terrell Owens Cowboys (DAL) 8 35
WR Drew Bennett Rams (STL) 9 5
WR D.J. Hackett Seahawks (SEA) 8 11
TE Randy McMichael Rams (STL) 9 6
R/W/T Brandon Jacobs Giants (NYG) 9 23
K Jeff Wilkins Rams (STL) 9 4
DEF St. Louis Rams Rams (STL) 9 3