Week 2 Preseason Thoughts

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:42 pm

1- brandon jacobs runs SO hard that it makes you wonder if he can last the whole year. he is a monster.

2- chad johnson looks like he is in2 football

3- felix jones will definitly get his touches.

4- how good has glen coffee been... wow
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:46 pm

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
1- brandon jacobs runs SO hard that it makes you wonder if he can last the whole year. he is a monster.

2- chad johnson looks like he is in2 football

3- felix jones will definitly get his touches.

4- how good has glen coffee been... wow Frankie, I reached out to Richie Primo tonight to get him into NFFC VI with us. Use your powerful connections out there to get the head of Primo Hoagies into the Friday and Saturday NY events. :D We need the Grid Reapers in New York again.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:48 pm

Greg and Tom, remember all that angst you two had about Rodgers last summer? lol Now listen to you guys.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:49 pm

i will break his chops. tell him the eagles suck and thats why he is missing.

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:51 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Come on, who else went to an NFL game this weekend? And what did you see that you can share with the audience? ;) Let's see some tidbits that won't give too much away here. We're all willing to share tonight. Watching the Bears last night and I had two observations:

1) Hester has made progress, but he STILL slowed up when running a deep route. He was open by at least 10 yards and his slowing up caused the incompletion. I guess he thought Cutler couldn't throw a ball 60 yards in the air while running sideways.

2) Forte = good. GREAT feet.

[ August 23, 2009, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: Bald is Beautiful ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:53 pm

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
Greg and Tom, remember all that angst you two had about Rodgers last summer? lol Now listen to you guys. Jack, I was at the Family Night scrimmage last year and Rodgers had such happy feet against our own defense that he scared me immediately. Then in the first pre-season game he made some really nice throws and seemed to settle in a bit. I NEVER expected him to look so polished so early, but last night he just looked so sure of himself and you can tell he's confident in his reads and he's making good, quick decisions.

Correct, listen to us now. We sound like Favre lovers again, but with a new name. He doesn't have that type of arm, but he's looking like Teddy knew what he was doing here. And kudos to McCarthy for developing this kid. He doesn't look anything like that goofy high-arm motion QB out of Cal.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:54 pm

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
i will break his chops. tell him the eagles suck and thats why he is missing. Do you think Richie will show up with a Vick 7 Eagles' jersey on?? :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:56 pm

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Come on, who else went to an NFL game this weekend? And what did you see that you can share with the audience? ;) Let's see some tidbits that won't give too much away here. We're all willing to share tonight. Watching the Bears last night and I had two observations:

1) Hester has made progress, but he STILL slowed up when running a deep route. He was open by at least 10 yards and his slowing up caused the incompletion. I guess he thought Cutler couldn't throw a ball 60 yards in the air while running sideways.

2) Forte = good. GREAT feet.
[/QUOTE]I didn't see any of those highlights, but they said Cutler looked better. Did you think so Jack? Does he have enough weapons in the passing game to succeed? How did Olsen look?

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:58 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
i will break his chops. tell him the eagles suck and thats why he is missing. Do you think Richie will show up with a Vick 7 Eagles' jersey on?? :D [/QUOTE]i would have to hold his thumb to the meat slicer..lol

[ August 23, 2009, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: THE_BLACKHAND ]