Live Chat With Me Today ALL DAY

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Fri May 07, 2010 8:21 am

Tom let's talk TE's for a minute. J.Finley is getting mad early season love. That combined with the season V.Davis had last year..the steadiness of Gates..Witten..Clark and even Gonzo makes the top TE's as deep as we've seen in awhile.

Do you see yourself jumping on one of these guys early (rounds 3-5 for all but Gonzo) or waiting for a Celek/Daniels type a couple of rounds later?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri May 07, 2010 8:22 am

Originally posted by Route C:
Tom let's talk TE's for a minute. J.Finley is getting mad early season love. That combined with the season V.Davis had last year..the steadiness of Gates..Witten..Clark and even Gonzo makes the top TE's as deep as we've seen in awhile.

Do you see yourself jumping on one of these guys early (rounds 3-5 for all but Gonzo) or waiting for a Celek/Daniels type a couple of rounds later? I've always been a wait on TEs guy and I think that strategy is even more prudent this season. There currently could be as many as 12-13 legit starting TEs. That's a huge number for fantasy owners. I definitely think that waiting on the position is the move to make this season.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Fri May 07, 2010 8:29 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Route C:

Do you see yourself jumping on one of these guys early (rounds 3-5 for all but Gonzo) or waiting for a Celek/Daniels type a couple of rounds later? I've always been a wait on TEs guy and I think that strategy is even more prudent this season. There currently could be as many as 12-13 legit starting TEs. That's a huge number for fantasy owners. I definitely think that waiting on the position is the move to make this season.
[/QUOTE]I think so too but depending on who there is to choose from at the time I could see getting great value on Witten in the 5th all day long this year.
My preference would be to grab a RB2 around that time though and wait for one of the others later.

It would be tempting though with the 1st pick to start CJ/WR/WR/Romo/Gates

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri May 07, 2010 8:31 am

It comes down to choices. I won't take a lesser talent at RB just to get one and pass on a stud TE like Witten or Gates. But if there's an upside RB on the board or a WR3 I really like I'd probably go in that direction as opposed to TE.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Fri May 07, 2010 8:46 am

Tom...I agree with your take on KDS. Before the Trendsetters and mag drafts I really didn't like the back of the draft but if ADP stays relatively close to what it is now I love the RB choices at 3:1.
Part of me doesn't believe guys like turner and DeAngelo will be there in late Aug/Sept but with the NFFC trending toward WR's it's looking more likely.
Who would've thought 3 years ago that you could start a team with a combo of (pick 2) R.Moss, C.Johnson,B.Marshall,R.White......AND Deangelo Williams! :eek:

The draft landscape has definately changed since year 1.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri May 07, 2010 8:52 am

I'm not big on Turner this year. I think his breakdown last season is a red flag. Last year showed you can start WR-WR-RB and be very competitive. I did that in a couple of leagues and did well. You obviously can't afford to miss on that RB because failing to have a decent RB1 is a death sentence in fantasy. You can survive without a stud RB if you're loaded elsewhere but you need someone who is at least decent in that top RB spot if you want to contend.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri May 07, 2010 9:18 am

who has bigger year mcnabb or kolb. also dont count out cooley to have a nice year.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri May 07, 2010 9:20 am

Hmm... 2009 Classic RBs: LJ, Parker, Bradshaw, Washington; Primetime: RBush, Moreno, Wells, Hightower. Two championships (high points in Classic, best record in Primetime but also 4 pts. back from leader).

I know that's a small sampling size, but I still respectfully disagree that you need a RB before round 4. If you load up on a great QB and two or more top WRs or maybe a top TE, you only need ~10 pts/game from each of your two RB spots to contend.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri May 07, 2010 9:22 am

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
who has bigger year mcnabb or kolb. also dont count out cooley to have a nice year. I'd give a slight edge to Kolb because he has better weapons. But I think people are sleeping on McNabb a bit.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri May 07, 2010 9:22 am

Originally posted by Route C:
It would be tempting though with the 1st pick to start CJ/WR/WR/Romo/GatesWhat league is this where Romo will be available in round 4 and Gates in 5? Good luck w/ that!