Were You Happy With Your Draft Slot?

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:40 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
a lot of tomlinson and SA owners got a free pass this year For sure. [/QUOTE]How did SA owners get a free pass?
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:57 am

As for my #7 pick.

I liked my draft. Too bad none of my players liked it.

[ December 10, 2005, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: UFS ]
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:54 am

DraftChampions, I drew the #12 spot. Those that know me know that having such a high draft spot is unusual for me. ;)

#1---I went with Dillon. BUST.

#2---Rudi Johnson. (In fact, I took Rudi as my 2nd pick in almost every league out of my 10 this year.) Rudi is a great #2 back.

#3---Had to get the WR's, so I took Burleson here. I honestly thought he was a steal at this spot with the almighty "Mossless" Culpepper... BUST.

#4---Darrell Jackson. No doubt in my mind that he would have had 90-100 receptions this year. But injuries happen, so... BUST.

With 3 of the first 4 crappy picks, I'm still only 87 points out of winning money in this event. I HIGHLY doubt I will catch up unless Marques Tuiasosopo becomes the next Montana... :D But it is possible.

Gotta love the DraftChampions!
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:00 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
i always want to have the first pick. the advantage is enormous IMO. you get the best RB, and you get two TOP wr (if you want them).The guy picking first doesn't always get this option -- in New York 6, the Big 5 (Moss, Holt, Johnson, Harrison and Owens) were all gone by pick 27. Many of the other Tomlinson owners had the opportunity to draft one or even two of these WRs.

The league you get placed in is a huge factor that you have no control over. Chalk it up as being part of the luck factor.
[/QUOTE]I said the EXACT same thing in another post about RI Workhorse getting LT, Holt, and C.Johnson. NOW WAY that should happen, and it obviously was a huge reason for his success (the league he was put in!)