TGIF Chat - 2pm EST ++++++++

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:09 am

Fi$her,

First off, much respect for your fantasy game.

If Donald Driver's ankle becomes more serious and he is said to be out through Week 2, where do you think he falls in fantasy drafts, and how far do Greg Jennings and more importantly James "my fantasy stock is on fire" Jones move up.

Thanks, and good luck in Vegas! :D

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:16 am

Originally posted by Hman83:
Hey Fish-

1)Jacksonville opened the 2nd Pre game with a Fred Taylor/Greg Jones package. MJD did not get a carry in the game. Anything to be concerned about? Bump G. Jones?

2)Any tips about Auction techniques like body language, voice inflexion, speed of raisng a bid, etc. This is like poker when you get down to 2-3 bidders. Can you shed light on the auction psychology that could work best? Please backup your findings empirically professor.

3)What TE's can be snared after round #12 that could actualy produce decent results?

4)Are the Jets WR's being overvalued considering the struggles of Chad?

5)The Chargers face tough Pass D's. Will Rivers really improve at all over 2006?
thanks, HMan83 1) I think that JAX will run the same type of offense with Taylor & MJD in 2007 as they did in 2006. As far as Greg Jones, he totally sux and is an after thought in JAX.

2) In regard to Auctions, I have never been involved in an auction league but I do realize its probably the purest form of a legit fantasy football draft. As far as possible psychology techniques one can use at the auction table, try wearing one of those Darth Vader helmets to the draft...You probably will steal a few gems for cheap.

3)TE's after 12 rounds.....thats like looking for a lost piece of sand at the beach. Good luck! Maybe a guy like Marcedes Lewis will do well this year so he would fit the bill...He may be a FA pickup.

4)Jets WR's.....Coles is a warrior...he plays hurt. Cotch turned into a wonderful possesion receiver in 2006 and has good ADP value. As far as Chad throwing the ball...he just has to keep up with the obvious Jets game plan. Throws of 15 yards or less. Hence both WRs will do well again.

5) Chargers pass D's are tough....but u got some dude named LT2 who will keep them secondaries honest so I think Rivers will continue to develop....Plus he has an up and comer named Vincent Jackson......when was the last time u got excited over a SD Charger WR? John Jefferson ? (was that his name?....lol)
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:27 am

Originally posted by Quahogs:
LOL.. funny stuff- CPEP, Thanks fish.

I actually meant when you sign your checks :D

Yeah Grad(F)blowski was brutal last year.

Who has the stronger arm - Pennington or Garcia.

How much of Garcia's success last season to you
attribute to Westbrook ? With no westy there in tb do you really think Garcia and his tb wideouts will have the same success ?

Give me a Def I can draft in rd 18 that could have top 5 #'s at seasons end

If you could NOT tailgate at your fave teams stadium this year how much would that affect your attendance ? a. will go 100% anyway b.will skip 1/2 the games c. won't go at all

who is the next NFL coach to get canned ? And will it happen mid-season or end ? Coughlin excluded - lol

If westy goes down who becomes more valuable - Hunt or Buckhalter ?

Q 1) Garcia has stronger arm but Pennington is more accurate placing the ball where it needs to go (20 yards or less)

2) Garcia was the beneficiary of 36WEST since he is the focal point of that offense....I have this weird feeling that maybe Pittman will get some playing time to take pressure off of Garcia in respect to the short dump off type plays. Pittman aint Westy though

3)As far as a Defense sleeper....in 18th round....I will go out on a limb and say the Redskins....maybe they are touted higher but honestly I have looked yet.

4) If I couldnt tailgate it wouldnt bother me personally. Greg A on the other hand...he may be a lost soul. But I am a Cowboys fan living in NY....so I get to one Cowboys game a year....versus the Giants So its a moot point really

5) Coach to get canned in 2007....not that many other than Coughlin like u mentioned...Everyone is pretty set. Maybe John Fox? He has done well though for that team in last 5 years so they probably have loyalty.

6) Westy going down...would mean that the Eagles are done! lol, but I would rather have Tony Hunt

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:29 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Fi$her,

First off, much respect for your fantasy game.

If Donald Driver's ankle becomes more serious and he is said to be out through Week 2, where do you think he falls in fantasy drafts, and how far do Greg Jennings and more importantly James "my fantasy stock is on fire" Jones move up.

Thanks, and good luck in Vegas! :D Thanx Billy...good luck to u as well...

If Driver is out a few weeks, I see him moving to around the 5th round, maybe 6th. I am not a big Jennings fan...but I am drinking the James Jones Kool-aid !!!

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:05 am

One last ??? - philosophical in nature...

You felt you aced the main draft. You're tickled with your team. You dont play in the WCOFF. Someone offered you 15k for your team on the spot. You sell it you have no NFFC fantasy team to run or root for this season. Do you take the 15k ?

Q

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:11 am

You felt you aced the main draft. You're tickled with your team. You dont play in the WCOFF. Someone offered you 15k for your team on the spot. You sell it you have no NFFC fantasy team to run or root for this season. Do you take the 15k ?

Q Is that 15k tax free cash? :D

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:13 am

Originally posted by FI$HER:
quote:Originally posted by Quahogs:

Q Is that 15k tax free cash? :D
[/QUOTE]TAXCASHFREE !

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:17 am

If I can chime in here, I think this is a "no-brainer".

Where else can you make ($15,000 - $1,300) $13,700 TAX FREE for about 3 hours of work? (can't wait for answers to this one!)

Plus I have so many other teams, so I would still have something else to root for.

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:22 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:

Where else can you make ($15,000 - $1,300) $13,700 TAX FREE for about 3 hours of work? (can't wait for answers to this one!)

Plus I have so many other teams, so I would still have something else to root for. that's the key here. Having something to root for. Easy decision for you with your 34 other teams. Fisher has the main event and his local teams. Is 15k enough to watch the NFL without the NFFC prop ?? :D

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:24 am

quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:

Plus I have so many other teams, so I would still have something else to root for. that's the key here. Having something to root for. Easy decision for you with your 34 other teams. Fisher has the main event and his local teams. Is 15k enough to watch the NFL without the NFFC prop ?? :D
[/QUOTE]Q-

I will meet you around Sept 10th, just bring the brown paper bag filled with small bills.... :D