Ethics Question

mikeybok

Ethics Question

Post by mikeybok » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:19 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Perhaps a rules clarification is needed by Greg here. After all, this is the National Fantasy Football Championship. :D No clarification needed ... the moderaters made a mistake (in a very friendly environment) and realized it after the draft (which I was a league owner in). Rocky became aware of it and addressed it the next day (which I was a moderater for)... and made sure we learned from the mistake that was made the night before. People make mistakes ... its what is done after the mistake that counts ... and Rocky made things clear for the main event. The rules are clear and this was handled correctly from that point foward.

I am sure if someone had protested ... the draft pick would have stood ... but we were all thinking about cards and beer at that point ... and we were all cool with it.

Mike
Hakuna Matata!

King of Queens

Ethics Question

Post by King of Queens » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:23 pm

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
Perhaps a rules clarification is needed by Greg here. After all, this is the National Fantasy Football Championship. :D No clarification needed ... the moderaters made a mistake (in a very friendly environment) and realized it after the draft (which I was a league owner in). Rocky became aware of it and addressed it the next day (which I was a moderater for)... and made sure we learned from the mistake that was made the night before. People make mistakes ... its what is done after the mistake that counts ... and Rocky made things clear for the main event. The rules are clear and this was handled correctly from that point foward.

I am sure if someone had protested ... the draft pick would have stood ... but we were all thinking about cards and beer at that point ... and we were all cool with it.

Mike
[/QUOTE]Sorry, help me out here, Mike. Can you find a statement in the rules that pertains to this situation?

mikeybok

Ethics Question

Post by mikeybok » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:32 pm

Those were the rules they told everyone at the draft. I am not sure it's covered in writing. But your right ... it should be. They made it clear to us and at the beginning of the draft. But in writing is always better! Good idea King!
Hakuna Matata!

King of Queens

Ethics Question

Post by King of Queens » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:40 pm

Those were the rules they told everyone at the draft. I am not sure it's covered in writing. But your right ... it should be. They made it clear to us and at the beginning of the draft. But in writing is always better! Good idea King! I don't bring up these things to be a pain in the ass. This is a legitimate situation that should be addressed in the rules. Imagine if the aforementioned Chad Lewis/LJ Smith situation had happened in the NFFC last year, and the guy was told he had to keep Chad Lewis. Upon returning home, he decided to check the rules and found...nothing. Hey, if I were that guy, I'd be pretty pissed! :mad:

While Rocky may have addressed the Chicago drafters regarding this rules clarification, no such mention was made in New York (not sure about Vegas).

[ August 01, 2006, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: King of Queens ]

ultimatefs

Ethics Question

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:43 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Perhaps a rules clarification is needed by Greg here. After all, this is the National Fantasy Football Championship. :D FWIW, I've monitored many a phone draft, and once the next team is called to pick, no changes can be made. I will allow one quick change per draft.

The problem with changes is people mark players off their lists and then think he's gone a few rounds later.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Quahogs

Ethics Question

Post by Quahogs » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:44 pm

Yea ... we discussed this after the draft and we talked about this again in the moderater room on Saturday before the drafts. Rusty said they clearly made a mistake letting you do that. They should have never taken the sticker off the board. Once a pick is made ... it is made. You are just lucky that everyone in the room was OK with you doing that ... we are nicer in Chicago than LV.

If someone else had objected ... I would have had to agree with them. The rule clearly states that once you anounce a player ... he's yours. if the stick aint stuck, give the guy another pluck .

then again, this is what might happen to his car. tough choices.

Q

FatPerez

Ethics Question

Post by FatPerez » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:46 pm

Sorry Gout C, I'm with Drag on this one. Isn't it once a player's name has been called, all bets are off? That's how we roll in the South Onterrio Big Boy League, and I would expect nothing less in a high-stakes event such as the NFFC, or the WCOFF. No mercy for the weak or simple.
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women."- Conan the Cimmerian

King of Queens

Ethics Question

Post by King of Queens » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:50 pm

Originally posted by Quahogs:
if the stick aint stuck, give the guy another pluck .How Cochranesque of you, Q. May I recommend the Chewbacca Defense?

Quahogs

Ethics Question

Post by Quahogs » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:57 pm

hee haw koq ! all that fur in the heat of So Cal, drive anyone postal !

Q

Eddiejag

Ethics Question

Post by Eddiejag » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:55 am

I agree with the guy who takes the hurt player, he gets him, didnt do his homework, BUT the lewis smith thing , i mean thats a tough one.
He did say seconds later i meant smith, did you not believe him.That's why im afraid to spit a name out to quick, double check. I would have no promblem letting this guy have smith , based on it was seconds he realized he said the wrong name.
SORRY im with route c on this one.
We do need a rule , not fair if in one league you can switch ,then another you cant.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!