SURVEY WCOFF VS. NFFC

BillyWaz

SURVEY WCOFF VS. NFFC

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:03 pm

Originally posted by da bears:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
If the NFFC was the same weekend as WCOFF at different draft times...(something I wish they would do)...I'd be in their main event EVERY SINGLE YEAR!

~Lance If one started at 9:00 AM local time, and the other around 4:00 ON LABOR DAY WEEKEND, there wouldn't be an issue. Plenty of time to get lineups in.

I have a heard from a few people that they think the WCOFF regular season (11 weeks- one Thursday game already in hand) is too short.
[/QUOTE]Same day might be overload. How about Thursday-Sunday drafts? Each event gets two days (Thu & Sat or Fri & Sun), alternating every season. Four days of drafting in Vegas! ;)
[/QUOTE]Good idea. Plus alot of people probably don't play in both contests because of the back-to-back weekends of travel. I'm going to play in both next year but going back and forth to Vegas is going to be be tough...
[/QUOTE]I'm doing both next year also Matt, but there is no way I will be in Vegas for both.

I am planning on one though! ;)

kjduke

SURVEY WCOFF VS. NFFC

Post by kjduke » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:04 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
If the NFFC was the same weekend as WCOFF at different draft times...(something I wish they would do)...I'd be in their main event EVERY SINGLE YEAR!

~Lance If one started at 9:00 AM local time, and the other around 4:00 ON LABOR DAY WEEKEND, there wouldn't be an issue. Plenty of time to get lineups in.

I have a heard from a few people that they think the WCOFF regular season (11 weeks- one Thursday game already in hand) is too short.
[/QUOTE]Same day might be overload. How about Thursday-Sunday drafts? Each event gets two days (Thu & Sat or Fri & Sun), alternating every season. Four days of drafting in Vegas! ;)
[/QUOTE]You got to consider the other cities also KJ, especially considering NY has had the most people in the NFFC the last TWO years.
[/QUOTE]The main events could always be on the weekend. Do other cities have auction lges on the other days? If so, they could be any day - no reason LV auctions and NY auctions have to be simultaneous.

da bears

SURVEY WCOFF VS. NFFC

Post by da bears » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:12 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by da bears:

[/QUOTE]Good idea. Plus alot of people probably don't play in both contests because of the back-to-back weekends of travel. I'm going to play in both next year but going back and forth to Vegas is going to be be tough...
[/QUOTE]I'm doing both next year also Matt, but there is no way I will be in Vegas for both.

I am planning on one though! ;)
[/QUOTE]Thats good Billy, of course you have to choose the NFFC for Vegas becasue of the FI$HER party. :D

But Lance is right also; nothing like being in Vegas on opening weekend of the NFL. Looks like I'll be racking up some frequent flyer mileage. :D

[ November 24, 2007, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

ultimatefs

SURVEY WCOFF VS. NFFC

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:28 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Just experience Vegas on NFL kickoff weekend once...that's all it takes to get hooked.

Instant gratification seeing your player PLAY the day after drafting them...and every stat counts!

Nothing like it.

~Lance LOL... I played wcoff year one and haven't played since.

12-team leagues are all-star leagues where the skills of each owner don't shine through as much as they do in 14-team leagues.

Price is too high for 11-week season, which is way too short.

I really detest how one game before the draft can possibly alter the draft. I laugh big time when wcoff'ers need their picks in July and the game two days before the draft can severely alter all research they've done.

JMO...Looks like they're doing just fine though...
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

sportsbettingman

SURVEY WCOFF VS. NFFC

Post by sportsbettingman » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:53 pm

Funny the success rate of NFFC players is so low in these "all star" leagues.

You'd think some would get "lucky".

If you are silly enough to let one game between 2 of 32 teams throw your game plan off...so be it.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Hard heads

SURVEY WCOFF VS. NFFC

Post by Hard heads » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:57 pm

I agree Lance with that assessment. I was going to post something in regards to John's comments that in essence it's just not a big enough challenge being in a 12 team league so anyone can compete with his expertise so he won't play cause he can't win. That pathetic viewpoint of why you won't play in the WCOFF is so weak!

ultimatefs

SURVEY WCOFF VS. NFFC

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:36 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Funny the success rate of NFFC players is so low in these "all star" leagues.

You'd think some would get "lucky".

If you are silly enough to let one game between 2 of 32 teams throw your game plan off...so be it.

~Lance I didn't say "throw your game plan off". Why are you putting words in my mouth?

It can alter all the research though..

How man beers tonight Lance? :)

Is it "silly" when there are only 11 games to greatly enhance the chances of a W Week 1 when a player goes off/or sucks in that game unexpectedly?

Each W in WCOFF is pretty damn valuable IMO.

ultimatefs

SURVEY WCOFF VS. NFFC

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:57 pm

Originally posted by Hard heads:
I was going to post something in regards to John's comments that in essence it's just not a big enough challenge being in a 12 team league so anyone can compete with his expertise so he won't play cause he can't win. This is hilarious.. I'd don't like them because
I've played in 14-team leagues since 1984, almost exclusively. The few 12-team leagues I've played in, there was very little differences between the teams after the draft was over, and the waiver wire had way too many good FA's. There's much less skill USED in these leagues.

In regards to WCOFF, the 12-team thing would be at the bottom of the things I listed.

"He" won't play because he likes to beat the best players in a better game, a concept that has worked quite well for "him" the last 20 years... ;)

BillyWaz

SURVEY WCOFF VS. NFFC

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:45 am

I have never played in WCOFF (plan to next year), but have played in many of the other 12 team high stakes leagues (Fantasy Jungle, AFFL, Rotobowl), and I can tell you they ARE easier to experience success.

The reason is the "average Joe" who just wants to jump in a high stakes leagues will choose more often than not, choose a 12 teamer before a 14 teamer. While I wouldn't always agree with John that the FA wire has that many more players, the people in those leagues aren't quite as "saavy" on the wire based on my experience. Let's not also dismiss the fact that your odds of winning a 12 team league (1/12 = 8.3% ) are easier than winning a 14 team league (1/14 = 7.1%) when all things are equal. Now the grand prize..... that is quite different.

This is just my experience in playing years of high stakes 12 team leagues in addition to the NFFC. I would EXPECT the WCOFF to be more challenging due to the much higher entry fee and the 300K on the line than the other aforementioned 12 teamers, but I have heard from a few people that there are many "fish" in the WCOFF (which would be expected due to more people). From Rounders... "The high stakes attract the flounders, and they in turn attract the sharks!" :D

I'm really looking forward to jumping into WCOFF next year... should be fun! :D

[ November 25, 2007, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Hard heads

SURVEY WCOFF VS. NFFC

Post by Hard heads » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:04 am

So if you don't have as much success in WCOFF as you have here next year BWaz what will be the reason?