NFFC FAAB Deadline Update

renman

Post by renman » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:18 am

Quahogs,

See, that is why we have these discussions. You make a good point. the people who have multiple teams would likely be rushed to get their teams organized if we ran faab that late. I did consider a faab glitch after I made that previous post.

How about Saturday afternoon or evening?

This also allows everyone get solid and complete information from the all important Friday practices.

[ September 20, 2011, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Renman ]

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:46 am

I would really like to keep at once a week on Fridays. There just isn't enough information on Wednesday to do anything other than a guess at what's going to happen. I am dead serious that I would have to significantly reduce my leagues if I"m doing waivers twice a week. WOW.

Wayne

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:59 am

Originally posted by Hells Satans:
quote:Originally posted by Quahogs:
Not sure telling players scooping up 10+ teams NOW they know who they have to start/bench - a mere 2 hours before game time.

Lordy-B if there's ever a FAAB processing glitch a mere TWO hours before game time. I couldn't even imagine what Greg/Tom would have to go thru.

Nah, two hours before g/t will NEVER happen. For real. The Weds. deadline sucks for those of us with multiple teams. If two FAAB periods are not possible, I'd rather the whole thing just be done on Friday.
[/QUOTE]One FAAB period is definitely the way we have to go in 2011 and as many folks have mentioned makes the most sense going forward for a number of reasons. So with that in mind, which choice would you rather have:

a) Change to Wednesday's for Weeks 10-13 to make sure everyone gets a shot at the Thursday game free agents.

b) Keep FAAB on Friday nights for Weeks 10-13, allowing folks to pick up players from the Thursday night game but obviously not start them during that week.

I'm interested in this feedback now. I know it was mixed previously when we talked about these two options. Let me know and we'll see what we can do.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

particra

Post by particra » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:03 am

I vote for Friday. I have too many leagues to try to do all of my FAAB between Tuesday and Weds night. If you have one or two teams, you should be able to see what you're needs are in advance pretty easily if you have people playing in the Thursday night game.

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:14 am

friday. thanks greg

Rog

Post by Rog » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:21 am

I am all for Friday,I do not want to have to deal with more than once a week p/ups.If you have someone going on thursday then have your team prepared .Usually there is only 1 or maybe 2 players on any single team playing that night.There is just not enough info for transactions on wed.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:30 am

Friday.

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:39 am

Originally posted by Who?:
I am all for Friday,I do not want to have to deal with more than once a week p/ups.If you have someone going on thursday then have your team prepared .Usually there is only 1 or maybe 2 players on any single team playing that night.There is just not enough info for transactions on wed. very well said

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:41 am

Given these two choices, I would go with Friday. However, I would offer one suggestion: ONLY for the Thanksgiving week, make it a Wednesday 9pm ET deadline.

1. The NFL practice schedule is abbreviated that week, with very little info coming out on Thursday and Friday

2. NFFC owners are likely travelling or away on Friday, and may not have full access to computers, internet, etc.

3. Most importantly, a whopping SIX teams (GB, DET, MIA, DAL, SF, BAL) would be frozen out of free agency that week.

Again, the Wednesday deadline would ONLY be for Week 12 of the season. Every other week would keep the Friday 9pm ET deadline.

Thoughts?

particra

Post by particra » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:51 am

Makes sense