Safest 1st round pick

Gordon Gekko II

Safest 1st round pick

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:17 am

Originally posted by kentuckyreign:
GG

when did leinart become such a stud? the last i heard, he was battling for the backup role.
Lionheart is no stud, but he's better than Orslutsky. don't worry the st pierre rumor is just that. have you SEEN him in the preseason games? :eek:

deer in headlights

Gordon Gekko II

Safest 1st round pick

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:19 am

Originally posted by 4D:
Of course all of your points are "what ifs." There's a certainty to start with. AJ doesn't have a Boldin, who at the very least is his equal. And even with your what ifs, there's no guarantee of any of it. how is this for a "certainty to start with", Fitz put up the best playoff numbers of ANY WR EVER in the history of the NFL (WITH BOLDIN THERE). :eek: :cool:

mkrucek

Safest 1st round pick

Post by mkrucek » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:21 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
quote:Originally posted by 4D:
Of course all of your points are "what ifs." There's a certainty to start with. AJ doesn't have a Boldin, who at the very least is his equal. And even with your what ifs, there's no guarantee of any of it. how is this for a "certainty to start with", Fitz put up the best playoff numbers of ANY WR EVER in the history of the NFL (WITH BOLDIN THERE). :eek: :cool: [/QUOTE]Then I'll be certain to grab him in a fantasy playoff game.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

trueblue

Safest 1st round pick

Post by trueblue » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:27 am

as of right now, leinart has been one of the biggest bust in the NFL. he came out with all the creds., but has absolutely nothing to show for it. he may turn it around, and i hope he does, but he may not. heck, he's being compared to ryan leaf, and that's really bad, because leaf was a JERK.
what amazes me is how flacco and matt ryan can have moderate success in their first year, and leinart can't succeed in a pass happy offense with fitz and boldin.
i don't mean to rant on leinart, it's just i was a big fan of his at USC and he's been such a disappointment so far.

bill

Jersey Dawg

Safest 1st round pick

Post by Jersey Dawg » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:58 am

quote:Originally posted by Jersey Dawg:
I took AJ over Fitz last night in the 12-team event with pick 5. Turner was there and I had to think more than I thought I would have too as I assumed him to be gone. Still, went with AJ. That said, it was only a $150 draft. Not sure I wouldn't go Fitz if it was the main event. FYI - A QB went 1.4

Pete pete - why would you take AJ over Fitz? here's how i see it:

1. AJ has had injury concerns in the past. Fitz has not. Advantage Fitz.
2. Schaub goes down, Orslutsky is QB. Warner goes down, Lionheart is QB. Advantage Fitz.
3. Walter goes down, probably no real difference to AJ. Boldin goes down, Fitz throws up his first 16+ TD season and close to 2,000 yards. Advantage Fitz.
[/QUOTE]Mark - Not sure I disagree with any of your points. As I said, if it was the main event I might have taken a more conventional pick (Turner or Fitz). Somehow though I get the feeling this is going to be the year Schaub and AJ set some records. Barring injury to either or both, of course.

Pete

[ August 24, 2009, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Jersey Dawg ]

BillyWaz

Safest 1st round pick

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:30 am

quote:Originally posted by 4D:
Of course all of your points are "what ifs." There's a certainty to start with. AJ doesn't have a Boldin, who at the very least is his equal. And even with your what ifs, there's no guarantee of any of it. how is this for a "certainty to start with", Fitz put up the best playoff numbers of ANY WR EVER in the history of the NFL (WITH BOLDIN THERE). :eek: :cool: [/QUOTE]That's incorrect, Mark.

- Boldin played LESS than a half against Atlanta

- Boldin DID NOT PLAY against Carolina

- Boldin was simply a decoy against Philly as he wasn't truly healthy and was 4-34.

- Boldin needed the 2 weeks between NFC C-ship and Super Bowl to be "back".

That all being said, I DO agree that if Boldin goes down, Fitz will put up HUGE numbers (exactly why he did in the playoffs).

Gordon Gekko II

Safest 1st round pick

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:44 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
That's incorrect, Mark.

- Boldin played LESS than a half against Atlanta

- Boldin DID NOT PLAY against Carolina

- Boldin was simply a decoy against Philly as he wasn't truly healthy and was 4-34.

- Boldin needed the 2 weeks between NFC C-ship and Super Bowl to be "back".

That all being said, I DO agree that if Boldin goes down, Fitz will put up HUGE numbers (exactly why he did in the playoffs). "wasn't truly healthy" - hahaha!!! but if he managed to score a 50 yard td in one of those games, you woulda counted it "healthy". hahaha!!!

boldin is the mr glass of wide wr's. plus, he can go TO this year.

all signs point to Fitz being a monster (WITH UPSIDE) :cool:

Sound Advice

Safest 1st round pick

Post by Sound Advice » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:26 am

Originally posted by 4D:
Then I'll be certain to grab him in a fantasy playoff game. You'll be one week too late.
You are forgetting he started his run week 17.

Take the word of people that actually had him last year - look elsewhere.

GOD Loves You

Safest 1st round pick

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:46 am

Calvin's the #1 fantasy wide receiver anyways, I'm not sure why you are talking about A.J. and Fitz.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

GOD Loves You

Safest 1st round pick

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:48 am

BTW, Orlovsky is just as good as Leinart....check that, he's better than him. Just keep him away from the back of his end zone.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL