Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Ry's Guys

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Ry's Guys » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:59 am

I'm sorry I don't mean to be a jerk but Tebow is a joke as a QB in real life. He may get fantasy numbers but he is bad. Historically bad. His receivers were wide open on both scores yesterday and he tried to miss Decker on his TD. I don't know how you can defend his play as anything but wretched if you watched him play. He may be a great human but he is the most overhyped player EVER! In any sport in any country!
This is an expert opinion on historically bad QB play. I'm a Bears fan and from Bob Avellini to Vince Evans to Mike Phipps to Greg Landry to Moses Moreno to Steve Stenstrom to Henry Burriss to Cade McNown to Will Furrer to Peter Tom Willis to chad Hutchinson to kordell Stewart to Shane frickin' Mathews! My point is I've seen horrible QB's with no clue and no hope my entire football watching life and Tebow as a QB is probably somewhere in between Moses Moreno and Kordell Stewart.
Please share the drugs you folks that think Tebow has a prayer as an NFL QB.
If you want to root for him that's cool but please don't say he is even in the top 40 QB's in the league right now! I can think of 10 backup QB's I'd rather have starting for the Broncos, including the two guys sitting behind Tebow on the Broncos depth chart!
Pat Sorge

Old School

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Old School » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:16 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Other players are probably tired of hearing about him. And it's probably because he has only played in a handful of games. He's getting the kind of attention usually bestowed on Top 5 picks and/or long-time starters. True Tom, but you have to admit he doesn't bring any attention to himself, or boast. The would be about 50% 0f the other players in the NFL

Old School

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Old School » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:18 am

Originally posted by Bullgod:
I'm sorry I don't mean to be a jerk but Tebow is a joke as a QB in real life. He may get fantasy numbers but he is bad. Historically bad. His receivers were wide open on both scores yesterday and he tried to miss Decker on his TD. I don't know how you can defend his play as anything but wretched if you watched him play. He may be a great human but he is the most overhyped player EVER! In any sport in any country!
This is an expert opinion on historically bad QB play. I'm a Bears fan and from Bob Avellini to Vince Evans to Mike Phipps to Greg Landry to Moses Moreno to Steve Stenstrom to Henry Burriss to Cade McNown to Will Furrer to Peter Tom Willis to chad Hutchinson to kordell Stewart to Shane frickin' Mathews! My point is I've seen horrible QB's with no clue and no hope my entire football watching life and Tebow as a QB is probably somewhere in between Moses Moreno and Kordell Stewart.
If you want to root for him that's cool but please don't say he is even in the top 40 QB's in the league right now! I can think of 10 backup QB's I'd rather have starting for the Broncos, including the two guys sitting behind Tebow on the Broncos depth chart! ..so what u are saying Pat is that you dont have him in any of your fantasy leagues and u missed picking him up as a free agent by a few $?

Ry's Guys

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Ry's Guys » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:28 am

Originally posted by Old School:
quote:Originally posted by Bullgod:
If you want to root for him that's cool but please don't say he is even in the top 40 QB's in the league right now! I can think of 10 backup QB's I'd rather have starting for the Broncos, including the two guys sitting behind Tebow on the Broncos depth chart! ..so what u are saying Pat is that you dont have him in any of your fantasy leagues and u missed picking him up as a free agent by a few $?
[/QUOTE]I need a TE terribly in a couple leagues and if they put the kid at TE I would spend everything I had to get him. But with Rodgers as my QB I thankfully don't have to worry about Tebow at QB.
Pat Sorge

Fourslot40

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Fourslot40 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:52 am

Originally posted by Bullgod:
If you want to root for him that's cool but please don't say he is even in the top 40 QB's in the league right now! I can think of 10 backup QB's I'd rather have starting for the Broncos, including the two guys sitting behind Tebow on the Broncos depth chart! Just ride the wave Bullgod... it's ok... join the TEBOW nation baby....wooooooo!!

The Franchise

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by The Franchise » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:53 pm

Right now he is not pretty to watch, but the kid is a winner. I watch every game every week, but I'll even admit that it's hard for me to watch him without cringing. A couple of things that might help though is a shot of Jack and wearing rose colored glasses.
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

thegambler

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by thegambler » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:33 am

well this is the week i am starting timmy over tom brady....brady is playing the jets and tebow is up against kc. i would have never imagined starting timmy over brady. hope it doesn't bite me in the ass.

in this league a td pass is only 4 pts and rushing td's are 6 pts

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:42 am

Originally posted by The Franchise:
Right now he is not pretty to watch, but the kid is a winner. I watch every game every week, but I'll even admit that it's hard for me to watch him without cringing. A couple of things that might help though is a shot of Jack and wearing rose colored glasses. I actually thought he looked far more respectable against the Raiders. It certainly helped that he was under no pressure whatsoever but I thought he made several nice throws. The two TD passes were strong throws right on target. Again, the lack of a pass rush by Oakland was a huge benefit for him but I did think he took some steps forward in Week 9.

This week's matchup looks great on paper. If Tebow comes through the big test will then be Week 11 against the Jets.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mattjb

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by mattjb » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:41 am

Denver may win today without Tebow completing a pass.

0 for 5 and winning 10-0.

CoMoHusker

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CoMoHusker » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:39 am

The Broncos will never beat good teams with their inability to throw the ball. Tebow was 2/8 today and only had a little over 100 yards of total offense. No way those numbers get it done against teams that aren't the Dolphins, Raiders, and Chiefs.

Sad thing is, the AFC may be bad enough that the Broncos can actually win the division...
Go Big Red!