NFFC Facts After Week 12

Route Collectors

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:56 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by renman:
Wow, that was some interesting reading. I have to admit I am happy to see someone other than me (Greg) highlight that there is definately a "message board posse" (I called it a message board fraternity) that runs around this place with a mob mentality where they attack those who do not blindly follow their reckless ideas.
Snake is CRAZY..BWazz can't walk away from an arguement
[/QUOTE]What the hell do you mean I can't walk away from an argument you son of a ........ ! :D
[/QUOTE]Billy..are you skipping class again! :D

On a side note...what if you're 4th in the main event (week 16)....only 20 points back and the top 3 owners have LT while at the same time you're battling Snake for the SC title.... :eek: :D

[ November 29, 2006, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: Route C ]

joetreff

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by joetreff » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:57 am

This thread is based on 1 year's worth of data and ignores every other year since fantasy football was invented.

Jamal Lewis in his 2000 yard season was at best #7 or #8 pick that year. Terrell Davis in his best season was only a #4 pick coming in, Emmitt Smith was #1 that year and did not come close. Priest Holmes and LT were in a close race a few years ago and if you picked Priest you hurt yourself. Peyton Manning had 49 TDs and was a late second rounder.

This is overreaction to a statistical grouping. Keep everything the same...

ultimatefs

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by ultimatefs » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:31 am

Originally posted by Sound Advice:
If the problem is an unfair advantage, why would giving the advantage to someone else be better?
The 14th spot would best by far.
What a waste of time. (And a logistics nightmare)

I'll try this once again, it makes much more sense and would be uncomparable to other events, and fun also: It would definately be more fair than the current system.

1) - 1-14
2) - 14-1
3) - 1-14
4) - 14-1
5) - 1-14
6) - 14-1
7) - 1-14
8) - 14-1
20 minute break, switch directions:
9) - 14-1
10) - 1-14
11) - 14-1
12) - 1-14
13) - 14-1
14) - 1-14
15) - 14-1
16) - 1-14
17) - 14-1
18) - 1-14
19) - 14-1 (allow 1 extra bench player)

Baby steps folks.
Baby steps.
Switching directions in round 3 is way too early.

The reason for even amount of rounds is so that if you pick first in the first round, you pick last in the last round, or if you pick last in the first round, you pick first in the last round.

Mission accomplished.
And no self-serving changes.

The only fair game with an odd number of rounds.

Your friend,
The Godfather of 19 rounds, switch after 8, and extra bench player. This does absolutely nothing to fix the problem.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

renman

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by renman » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:33 am

Originally posted by felixflamingo:
This thread is based on 1 year's worth of data and ignores every other year since fantasy football was invented.

Jamal Lewis in his 2000 yard season was at best #7 or #8 pick that year. Terrell Davis in his best season was only a #4 pick coming in, Emmitt Smith was #1 that year and did not come close. Priest Holmes and LT were in a close race a few years ago and if you picked Priest you hurt yourself. Peyton Manning had 49 TDs and was a late second rounder.

This is overreaction to a statistical grouping. Keep everything the same... I think there is a lot of sense being made in this post....

ultimatefs

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by ultimatefs » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:34 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

- Are we sure the 3rd round is the right place to reverse things? why not the 4th? 4th round? Did you take your intelligence pill today? 4th round!!!! ROFLMAO!!
[/QUOTE]Let's see now...

1-14
14-1
1-14
1-14

Yeah.. THAT WORKS!!!

renman

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by renman » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:37 am

wow, mocking continues! You guys are so cool! Just shaking my head guys...lol

ultimatefs

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by ultimatefs » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:40 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Now, getting to renman's question about which round switch up...it is a good and fair question. Are we 100% sure it should be the third round? What about the 5th round? Let's hear some relevant thoughts. Will this be the question that's impossible to answer? Renman brought up a relevant point about this being an unusual year with LT being sooooo dominant. Faulks crazy #'s lasted 2 years...same with Preist. How long will LT dominate like this?

Next year SA might stay healthy...throw in LJ and it looks very familiar to the start of 2006.

OK..back to the question and this is only a question as I haven't crunched any numbers.

Would the advantage be unfairly swung to the other end of the draft after 3 rounds if a monster year is not put up by a top 3 RB? If we need to account for that factor then would switching in the 5th make more sense. Thoughts?
[/QUOTE]Jeff, if we switched to 3RR/KDS next year, do you think 19 of the top 32 overall point leaders would come from 12, 13, 14? If so, then it would be a dramatic switch and one we'd have to evaluate. But I honestly don't think it would swing that far and in fact might even equalize things a bit. Thoughts?
[/QUOTE]The LT performance is one for the ages.

My gut tells me 19 would be down to about 12-13.

Also, doing it in round 5 would be useless. A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME. By that time, it doesn't matter, teams are starting to pick for need.

In more normal years, you would see a more even distribution like NFBC last year.

kjduke

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by kjduke » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:07 am

Any reversal after rd 3 would have virtually no impact on perceived slot value. Either it is done in the 3rd or it is a waste of energy to even consider a change.

BillyWaz

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:50 pm

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Wow, that was some interesting reading. I have to admit I am happy to see someone other than me (Greg) highlight that there is definately a "message board posse" (I called it a message board fraternity) that runs around this place with a mob mentality where they attack those who do not blindly follow their reckless ideas.
Snake is CRAZY..BWazz can't walk away from an arguement
[/QUOTE]What the hell do you mean I can't walk away from an argument you son of a ........ ! :D
[/QUOTE]Billy..are you skipping class again! :D

On a side note...what if you're 4th in the main event (week 16)....only 20 points back and the top 3 owners have LT while at the same time you're battling Snake for the SC title.... :eek: :D
[/QUOTE]Rooting for, or against LT does me NOTHING, as I have ZERO control on how he performs.

That being said, although I would like to win the Snake Classic, it isn't even in the same universe as a top 3-5 finish in the Main Event.

The satellites are fun, but the 100K is what we are all playing for. :D