Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Old School » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:01 pm

Originally posted by Fourslot40:
TEBOW MVP!!!! :D Just win baby!!!

Old School

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Old School » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:02 pm

Originally posted by CoMoHusker:
The Broncos will never beat good teams with their inability to throw the ball. Tebow was 2/8 today and only had a little over 100 yards of total offense. No way those numbers get it done against teams that aren't the Dolphins, Raiders, and Chiefs.

Sad thing is, the AFC may be bad enough that the Broncos can actually win the division... You keep dissing Tebow and he keeps winning ;)

Old School

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Old School » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:03 pm

Somewhere tonite, Merril Hoge's head is exploding

CoMoHusker

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CoMoHusker » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:48 pm

Originally posted by Old School:
quote:Originally posted by CoMoHusker:
The Broncos will never beat good teams with their inability to throw the ball. Tebow was 2/8 today and only had a little over 100 yards of total offense. No way those numbers get it done against teams that aren't the Dolphins, Raiders, and Chiefs.

Sad thing is, the AFC may be bad enough that the Broncos can actually win the division... You keep dissing Tebow and he keeps winning ;)
[/QUOTE]Yes, he continues to beat bad teams while showing his inability to be an effective passer at this level. Unless he can improve in that area, he will not last as a starter in the league.
Go Big Red!

KenGill

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by KenGill » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:43 pm

I don't care if he goes 2 - 8 in completions. All I care about is if he puts up the fantasy numbers, which he did again yesterday.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

Fourslot40

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Fourslot40 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:12 am

Originally posted by CoMoHusker:
quote:Originally posted by Old School:

[/QUOTE]Yes, he continues to beat bad teams while showing his inability to be an effective passer at this level. Unless he can improve in that area, he will not last as a starter in the league.
[/QUOTE]Bad teams? He's 3-1 in his last four... and beat the Raiders and Chiefs (winning records at the time) BOTH on the road.

Old School

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Old School » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:38 am

Originally posted by Fourslot40:
quote:Originally posted by Old School:

[/QUOTE]Bad teams? He's 3-1 in his last four... and beat the Raiders and Chiefs (winning records at the time) BOTH on the road.
[/QUOTE]Well played Fourslot!.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt Husker ;)

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:04 am

Having winning records in a crappy division sure doesn't make KC or OAK "good" teams. C'mon. KC's opponents were BUF, DET, SD, MIN, IND, OAK, SD and MIA - MAYBE 3 good opponents and that's IF we even count SD as "good" this year. OAK's opponents were DEN, BUF, NYJ, NE, HOU, CLE, KC and DEN - MAYBE two good defenses (NYJ and HOU).

2-8 is embarrassing and only capable of winning vs. a very bad team. Who is in denial here? :rolleyes:

If he keeps his job past the next two games (NYJ and SD), he has smooth sailing the rest of the way vs. bad pass Ds. Though after watching NE and CHI defenses yesterday, I seriously doubt he can keep up with them with 2 complete passes.

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:11 am

Here's the list of QBs I'd absolutely start over Tebow right now:

Rodgers
Brees
Brady
Romo
Stafford
Eli

That's it. I'd give strong consideration most weeks to Roethlisberger and Schaub too but after Vick and Newton imploded yesterday they're no longer locked in over Tebow in my eyes. I'd put them on the same tier as Roethlisberger and Schaub. Tebow completed two freakin passes yesterday and was QB12 in NFFC scoring. By means of comparison, he completed 31 fewer passes than Stafford and had 260 fewer passing yards than Stafford and still outscored by more than a point.

Unbelievable.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich