AFFL and Question to the NFFC

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:33 am

HERE IS THE LETTER,

My name is Wade Golab and my partner is Robert Smolarczyk. Robert and I participated in the Platinum AFFL league last year as Chicago Justice. Over the last several years we've also competed in the NFFC, Payday Sports, and Fantasy Jungle as Chicago Justice. I've also participated in the Gold and Silver AFFL Leagues as WolfPac, and Chicago Stars (with a separate partner) respectively, as well as the WCOFF, Payday Sports, and Fantasy Jungle as WolfPac. Together, as a team, Robert and I have been involved in fantasy sports for over eight years and individually for over twenty. In that time we haven't come across a better contest than the AFFL. It's convenient, easy to use, quick, and it's only going to get better with time, and your feedback. We have been doing this a long time and we believe that we know what players want. It will be our mission to provide our customers with stellar contests.

We are working on purchasing, and taking over, the AFFL and its assets from its current owner. We have made significant progress over the last few months but there are still some things that need to be worked out. My partner and I have been working feverishly trying to squeeze six to eight months worth of work into these last three months. Recently we began calling you, the prize winners, and will continue to call you with more detailed information. We sincerely hope that we will complete this deal in time for the 2008 season.

In anticipation of the completed deal we have asked the current owner to post our new entry fees and prize payouts, as well as the new contests we are planning on implementing on AFFL.com. The overall game structure, as well as the rules, will remain intact. We have also paid a significant amount of money to have an advertisement run in select fantasy football magazines due to be released soon. Although the deal (and subsequent prize payouts) for the purchase of the AFFL is not complete, due to time constraints, we have also asked that the current owner open signup's for the 2008 contests. We feel this is a necessary step to successfully complete the transition to our new ownership of the company. We understand there may be some hesitation to sign up for the 2008 season so we will not be charging credit cards until August 1st. If we have not completed the deal before August 1st, then no credit cards will be charged and an email will be sent to the participants notifying them of the situation.

For those of you that we have already spoken to, that have agreed to roll over some or all of their prize winnings into teams for next year, we anticipate those credits being in your accounts in the next few weeks. As I stated earlier, we will continue to call the prize winners to discuss the current situation and plans of the transaction. However, if we have not spoken to you, or if we have and you have additional questions please feel free to call either of us at the below numbers.

We would like to let you know up front that we will not move forward with this deal until we feel that this will be a successful venture. This would include plans to pay out all prize money owed, or all prize money owed minus amounts rolled over to 2008, as well as establishing a prize fund for next year with the grand prize payouts placed in the account prior to August 1st.

In closing, we would like to thank you for the support that we have received from the vast majority of you. Your understanding of the situation, as well as your willingness to continue to participate in the new AFFL has moved this deal one step closer to completion. We envision great things happening for the AFFL in the future, and we hope that together, we can build the premier fantasy football contest out there. We believe that with your help and suggestions, we can mold the AFFL into just that. Again, thank you for your patience and continued support.

Sincerely,

Wade J. Golab
Robert J. Smolarczyk

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:34 am

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD PARTCIPATE WITH ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH THE AFFL?

THAT POST WASN'T WORTH THE PAPER IT WAS PRINTED ON.

GIVE IT UP GUYS AND JUST PAY THE PEOPLE WHO ARE OWED AND UPHOLD YOUR INTEGRITY.

TURBOUGH

Post by TURBOUGH » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:44 am

The could buy the business and change the name if they have to. I commend these guys for stepping up and wanting to not only purchase AFFL but make sure the 2007 winners are paid.

I almost entered one of their leagues last year but chose not to. Lets just hope that the people get paid. If Wade and Robert (I know neither) make the move, I would consider entering just to give them some support. Most of my money will be going to the NFFC but I like helping the little guy as well. Don't badger them for trying....

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:50 am

I AM NOT TRYING TO BADGER THEM TURBOUGH BUT WHY ASSOCIATE YOURSELF WITH A COMPANY WHO WAS A FAILURE AND PUT A BLACKEYE ON FANTASY SPORTS?

IT PEOPLE LIKE GREG, TOM, JESSE, AND DUSTIN WHO BUST THEIR HUMPS AND CROSS ALL OF THE I'S AND DOT ALL OF THE T'S FOR US TO FEEL SECURE WITH THEIR PRODUCTS THEY OFFER.

I DON'T MIND HELPING THE LITTLE GUY BUT IN THE BEST INTEREST OF FANTASY SPORTS I THINK ANY ASSOCIATION WITH THE LETTERS A.F.F.L IS BAD NO MATTER WHO RUNS IT.

THOSE FOUR LETTERS LEAVE THE SOUR TASTE IN MOUTH OF PEOPLE WHO GOT SCREWED AND I FOR ONE HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:01 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
A.F.F.L

THOSE FOUR LETTERS LEAVE THE SOUR TASTE IN MOUTHI think I'll have a falAFFL for lunch...

TURBOUGH

Post by TURBOUGH » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:17 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
I AM NOT TRYING TO BADGER THEM TURBOUGH BUT WHY ASSOCIATE YOURSELF WITH A COMPANY WHO WAS A FAILURE AND PUT A BLACKEYE ON FANTASY SPORTS?

IT PEOPLE LIKE GREG, TOM, JESSE, AND DUSTIN WHO BUST THEIR HUMPS AND CROSS ALL OF THE I'S AND DOT ALL OF THE T'S FOR US TO FEEL SECURE WITH THEIR PRODUCTS THEY OFFER.

I DON'T MIND HELPING THE LITTLE GUY BUT IN THE BEST INTEREST OF FANTASY SPORTS I THINK ANY ASSOCIATION WITH THE LETTERS A.F.F.L IS BAD NO MATTER WHO RUNS IT.

THOSE FOUR LETTERS LEAVE THE SOUR TASTE IN MOUTH OF PEOPLE WHO GOT SCREWED AND I FOR ONE HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS. I agree. If purchasing then the simply need to change the name. Hope you're not one of those that haven't been paid.

eddietheking

Post by eddietheking » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:39 am

First offer should be to pay those of us who are owed money, then ask if we are interested in playing with a new ownership with guaranteed payouts. This whole AFFL business has left a bad taste, not only with me but many others as well.