Leaderboard vs. WORLD Challenge

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:34 pm

Guys - If you read the $100 league rules, this is a marathon race for total points over the full 16 weeks. All the $100 leagues are set up that way. There is a LONG way to go and injuries will change things week to week, as will bye weeks.

Fellow World Team Members, lets keep scoring and beating the LBS guys!

Captain America
World Police

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:21 am

After looking back I finally found the rules. DYV posted Satellite rules with four team playoff.
The Satellite rules for a 4 team playoff are:
1. Overview: The National Fantasy Football Championship (NFFC) Satellite Leagues will consist of 14 teams/managers. All prizes for the NFFC Satellite Leagues will be league-only, there is not an overall contest for the satellite leagues. The NFFC regular season will begin with all Week 1 NFL games (including results from the Thursday, Sept. 8th game) and through all Week 13 games. Teams will play every other team in their league once in head-to-head competition, with the team with the best overall record earning a spot in the playoffs. The three next highest scoring teams will also advance to the playoffs. The four playoff teams from each satellite league will carry their weekly scoring average from the regular season into the playoffs and add that to their totals from Weeks 14, 15 and 16 to determine the top three finishers in each league.

jeff.price4

Post by jeff.price4 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:55 am

I'm almost positive that the rules for Satellite leagues do not govern this particular league. I recall it being total points and winner take all.

If the rules are something different than winner take all, that needs to be communicated to everyone, preferrably by Greg. I do not think I am the only one that remembers Greg making this clarification at the draft.

I thought I knew the above. So, now there is confusion about two things for me.

My original curiousity is around the scoring of the challenge and how one group will be declared the winner over the other.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:33 am

Originally posted by Showtune Lover:
Now I'm confused. Can we get an official post from Greg on how we win this thing individually and as a team? Dyv set this league up, so I apologize for not knowing. I thought it was playoffs for the first place prize, but it might be total points through 16 weeks. Dyv can make that final call if he can find the league format somewhere.

The team prize is the total points of the top 5 World teams vs. the total points of the top 5 LBS teams through 16 weeks. That I'm pretty sure of.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:42 am

Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dyv -

Can you clarify "standard nffc" rules ...

Would that be main event rules (2 tm playoff), satellite rules (4 tm playoff), or $100 satellite rules (no playoffs) or auction rules (6 tm playoff)?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It doesn't matter what the rules are, KJ, unless losses count more than wins. And leave my knee-high boots out of this, Dyv, or I'll whack you with my hammer.

lol Rick

Rules should be Satellite rules (4 tm playoff) - let me clarify with Greg on this and then we'll revisit to confirm with everyone.This was your quote on 9/8 so if it has changed you need to let everyone know now because your 10/5 message was different and confusing. I thought it was total points for the team challenge and playoffs for the individual award.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:25 am

Dyv, if record doesn't mean anything then why are we playing a schedule and accumulating records? STATS would have set this league up to simply be showing total points like in the NY-Chicago league if record didn't mean anything.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:16 am

Tamu - I will re-post Dyv's response to me on this question back in September since he seems to be absent ...

Dyv
Member # 14

posted September 08, 2005 03:11 PM

quote:
Dyv -

Can you clarify "standard nffc" rules ...

Would that be main event rules (2 tm playoff), satellite rules (4 tm playoff), or $100 satellite rules (no playoffs) or auction rules (6 tm playoff)?

Rules should be Satellite rules (4 tm playoff) - let me clarify with Greg on this and then we'll revisit to confirm with everyone.

D

[ October 20, 2005, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:30 am

That is what I thought to, KJ, and posted the same thing on page 15 that you have posted here. But near the top of page 15 he also says that total points is the deciding factor for individual honors which goes against this September post. I just want him to clarify this once and for all for everyone.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:21 pm

Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:
That is what I thought to, KJ, and posted the same thing on page 15 that you have posted here. But near the top of page 15 he also says that total points is the deciding factor for individual honors which goes against this September post. I just want him to clarify this once and for all for everyone. I agree that would be a good idea, but I don't see how he could change the rules once the season is underway so I'm going under the assumption its a 4-team playoff.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:36 pm

Pretty poor that we can't all agree on what the rules are entering Week 7. i understand Dyv has been busy, but this is absurd and inexcusable.