Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:39 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
Snake,

I felt a big week 2 this week for Kris Brown....

He might of went for 20+ NFFC Points.....

FF 2008 - Anarchy & Chaos Will Reign Supreme! Johnny Junkie - The Serpent is really PISSSSSSSSSED here...if the SNAKEsquad loses two close games due to playing 9 versus 10 and then misses out on a playyoff spot and the chance to win fivr grand, a hundred grand, a million grand, well then it's going to be tough to placate a lividSNAKE...and you would have to think that he had a very legitimate cause in being more than PISSSSSSSSED, eh?...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Snake,

There are guys out there that have it even worst then what your going through
[/QUOTE]DING DING DING!!!!

Maybe this where the bulb goes off in his head, and he gets out of "it's all about me" mode!

The fairest solution to EVERYONE has already been established.
[/QUOTE]...ya know, SNAKE has Andre, Walter, Rice, etc., on his Main squads but it's the KICKER Kris Brown situation that really SUCKS the most and just doesn't seem fair (not that life is really) ISHO...because again, when you look at it objectively having a Week 2 bye forced upon your squad due to these unprecedented circumstances is understandable and somehow manageable...BUT taking a ZERO and playing 9 against 10 HURTS and can be a game changer as you all well know...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Of course it sucks, snake! (I don't think anyone is denying that).

However, your solution to let you (and select others who are on the boards) pick someone up would make the situation far worse.

Can you honestly not see that??? :confused:

ultimatefs

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:39 pm

I bet more owners covered there ass than those than didn't.

I just had two owners in HOU area e-mail me on their blackberry's to make lineup adjustments. Several others that are out of town and have no access to a computer.

ANY FA changes would be unfair to these people.

[ September 13, 2008, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: JohnZ ]
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

BLACKHAND

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:42 pm

you know guys , when the next pres of the united states is elected(whoever it is)and talks about uniting the country i want him to start with snake and billy. much harder than the middle east...hehehe :D
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

RI WORKHORSE

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:43 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
Snake,

I felt a big week 2 this week for Kris Brown....

He might of went for 20+ NFFC Points.....

FF 2008 - Anarchy & Chaos Will Reign Supreme! Johnny Junkie - The Serpent is really PISSSSSSSSSED here...if the SNAKEsquad loses two close games due to playing 9 versus 10 and then misses out on a playyoff spot and the chance to win fivr grand, a hundred grand, a million grand, well then it's going to be tough to placate a lividSNAKE...and you would have to think that he had a very legitimate cause in being more than PISSSSSSSSED, eh?...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Snake,

There are guys out there that have it even worst then what your going through
[/QUOTE]DING DING DING!!!!

Maybe this where the bulb goes off in his head, and he gets out of "it's all about me" mode!

The fairest solution to EVERYONE has already been established.
[/QUOTE]...ya know, SNAKE has Andre, Walter, Rice, etc., on his Main squads but it's the KICKER Kris Brown situation that really SUCKS the most and just doesn't seem fair (not that life is really) ISHO...because again, when you look at it objectively having a Week 2 bye forced upon your squad due to these unprecedented circumstances is understandable and somehow manageable...BUT taking a ZERO and playing 9 against 10 HURTS and can be a game changer as you all well know...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Snake,

Agree with ya Man.....

Just don't know what to say....I and all the other NFFCer's have the same problem as you....

But it's a act of god/ The NFL's fault....

Sucks for everyone..... There is winners and losers every where.....
I.W
Johnny Frisella

BillyWaz

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:46 pm

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
you know guys , when the next pres of the united states is elected(whoever it is)and talks about uniting the country i want him to start with snake and billy. much harder than the middle east...hehehe :D I'm not trying to start with snake here, Frank.

I found his post about Greg making the ruling to beat him in the Mag league humorous due to past seasons, and replied with something funny pertaining to those past seasons.

I simply am trying to understand how he thinks it is fair for SOME to be allowed to pick a replacement (those who would SEE that announcement, if it happened), but not everyone????

[ September 13, 2008, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

russ0811

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by russ0811 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:46 pm

please everybody its just a fun game fantasy football and yes its unfortunate I had Mcgahee but I'm not crying its your fault if you have no depth from other teams except for Houston and Baltimore. Good ruling Greg and Tom their shouldnt be allowed pick ups at this time everyone should have replacement backups. I know I got Julius Jones for Mcgahee which is who I was goin with anyways. Its just like a bye week no big deal it was Nfl's fault not to have game at neutral site. Let's move on and get ready for some football woooooo!!!! I'm expecting big week this week.

renman

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by renman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:47 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by renman:

One last question... What is the downside to allowing us to have a FAAB bid that closes Friday (as we have now) for the coveted free agents... and then just letting the free agent wire be open up until kickoff for $1 pickups first come first serve for the players no one wanted? This would cover up situations like this or when sudden injuries happen in pre game warmups or getting out of the shower on Saturday.

Just curious about the pros and cons of this.

Billy,

Well you have to admit, it was a fair point...lol You may finally have to agree with Snake! Renman,

The downside IMO is that this is a "first come first serve" for those who are always near the computer. Even snake last year complained because he started Ahman Green when it was announced 30-40 minutes before the game that he wasn't the starter.

There would be TONS of complaints if you did this IMO.
[/QUOTE]Billy,

That is the ONLY downside I could think of. To me, that is a minor downside and something we could work around. The possible upside to me is worth it. Again, this forum is a perfect setting for discussion and debate on these kinds of things.

Maybe a subsequent faab bid for $1 players that starts Friday night and ends noon on Sundays? something that could give owners flexibility in situations like this or where sudden injuries occur or if a player gets hurt in a car accident on the way to the game. Obviously few players would get picked up and it would be a once in a while tool to use. But a nice tool to have as a safety net.

Gordon Gekko

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:53 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
A "first come first serve.. free for all" would KILL the NFFC.

That isn't even a viable option IMO. Agree 100%
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BillyWaz

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:53 pm

Originally posted by renman:
quote:Originally posted by renman:

One last question... What is the downside to allowing us to have a FAAB bid that closes Friday (as we have now) for the coveted free agents... and then just letting the free agent wire be open up until kickoff for $1 pickups first come first serve for the players no one wanted? This would cover up situations like this or when sudden injuries happen in pre game warmups or getting out of the shower on Saturday.

Just curious about the pros and cons of this.

Billy,

Well you have to admit, it was a fair point...lol You may finally have to agree with Snake! Renman,

The downside IMO is that this is a "first come first serve" for those who are always near the computer. Even snake last year complained because he started Ahman Green when it was announced 30-40 minutes before the game that he wasn't the starter.

There would be TONS of complaints if you did this IMO.
[/QUOTE]Billy,

That is the ONLY downside I could think of. To me, that is a minor downside and something we could work around. The possible upside to me is worth it. Again, this forum is a perfect setting for discussion and debate on these kinds of things.

Maybe a subsequent faab bid for $1 players that starts Friday night and ends noon on Sundays? something that could give owners flexibility in situations like this or where sudden injuries occur or if a player gets hurt in a car accident on the way to the game. Obviously few players would get picked up and it would be a once in a while tool to use. But a nice tool to have as a safety net.
[/QUOTE]Renman,

I could honestly see EVERY week someone post...

"I really wanted him , but my computer froze".

"I got a flat tire coming home from church, and it isn't fair that I didn't get a chance at him".

"I had to rush my child to the emergency room, and it isn't fair I didn't get a chance to get him".

I think that is A LOT of downside, and a lot of extra headaches that Greg and Tom don't need (as they have enough already).

The way it is set up now, you basically have almost 4 days to figure things out, and it isn't precendented by "who can get to the computer the quickest".