Next $150 Slow Draft League Is NOW SOLD OUT!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:49 am

THE NEXT $150 SLOW DRAFT LEAGUE IS NOW SOLD OUT!! Thanks all.

Okay, let's get everyone set and KDS preferences established. We'll run credit cards tomorrow morning, announce the draft picks and get this rolling tomorrow afternoon. KDS deadline is 9 am ET. Look for draft pick order shortly after that. Here's our lineup card:

$150 Slow Draft DC Championship League 5
14 teams, 30 rounds, Pay Top 3
1. Sean Smollins, Tacoma, Washington
2. Adam Reisinger, Collierville, Tennessee
3. Rich Dunn, Scottsdale, Arizona
4. Lawrence Liebman, Chesterfield, Missouri
5. Scott Wieland, Fitchburg, Wisconsin
6. Richard Garafola, Coral Springs, Florida
7. Daniel Green, Beaumont, Texas
8. Erik Hilligsberg, South Park, Pennsylvania
9. Kurtis Homkes, Hamilton, Michigan
10. Billy Wasosky, Richmond, Virginia
11. Garrick McFadden, Phoenix, Arizona
12. Scott Newman, Princeton, New Jersey
13. Mark Srebro, York, Pennsylvania
14. Jason Steeves, Calgary, Alberta
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:55 am

This league is set up to start at 1 pm ET tomorrow, so we will draft through the weekend. I figured everyone was ready to go, so LET'S DO IT!! I'll pick the draft order first thing in the morning, announce them here and get this league rolling. Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:17 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
This league is set up to start at 1 pm ET tomorrow, so we will draft through the weekend. I figured everyone was ready to go, so LET'S DO IT!! I'll pick the draft order first thing in the morning, announce them here and get this league rolling. Thanks all. Greg - I don't have a link yet to set my KDS...

Erok

Post by Erok » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:52 am

fresh meat I see:)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:54 am

Originally posted by DoubleG:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
This league is set up to start at 1 pm ET tomorrow, so we will draft through the weekend. I figured everyone was ready to go, so LET'S DO IT!! I'll pick the draft order first thing in the morning, announce them here and get this league rolling. Thanks all. Greg - I don't have a link yet to set my KDS... [/QUOTE]I sent you a PM.

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:42 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
THE NEXT $150 SLOW DRAFT LEAGUE IS NOW SOLD OUT!! Thanks all.

Okay, let's get everyone set and KDS preferences established. We'll run credit cards tomorrow morning, announce the draft picks and get this rolling tomorrow afternoon. KDS deadline is 9 am ET. Look for draft pick order shortly after that. Here's our lineup card:

$150 Slow Draft DC Championship League 5
14 teams, 30 rounds, Pay Top 3
1. Sean Smollins, Tacoma, Washington
2. Adam Reisinger, Collierville, Tennessee
3. Rich Dunn, Scottsdale, Arizona
4. Lawrence Liebman, Chesterfield, Missouri
5. Scott Wieland, Fitchburg, Wisconsin
6. Richard Garafola, Coral Springs, Florida
7. Daniel Green, Beaumont, Texas
8. Erik Hilligsberg, South Park, Pennsylvania
9. Kurtis Homkes, Hamilton, Michigan
10. Billy Wasosky, Richmond, Virginia
11. Garrick McFadden, Phoenix, Arizona
12. Scott Newman, Princeton, New Jersey
13. Mark Srebro, York, Pennsylvania
14. Jason Steeves, Calgary, Alberta
this draft began on friday at 1pm. right now, almost two full days later, we are just beginning 3rd round. :(

these slow draft really are frustrating when a few people hold everyone else hostage.

Greg - next year please see if there is technology to have a 2 hour timer during the day, and a 10 hour timer during normal sleep hours.

that way, the people who take 4 or 5+ hours with their picks can be joined with likeminded people and their drafts would take 2 months to finish. :eek:

PS - if someone would like to buyout my team and finish this draft (started charles & brees), please PM me. i don't want to sit through a month long draft. thx

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:38 am

Glad to know these are still the same. You get a timeclock and then people complain when you use it.

Slowdrafts aren't designed for you to sit around and wait for your pick...You queue up some guys in the order which you want them, then you go about your business and check back once a day.

Some people sign up for these BECAUSE of the 10-hour timeclock, I.E. they have lives and can't do too many normal drafts. So don't get in a hizzy when they use the clock and you sit around waiting for your pick.

It probably wont take a month, last year longest one I was in was only 24 days. Although now I have a question before I sign up for the next one. Are there email or text alerts for each pick like there is on FFPC?

[ July 24, 2011, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: felixflamingo ]

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:05 am

Originally posted by felixflamingo:
Glad to know these are still the same. You get a timeclock and then people complain when you use it.

Slowdrafts aren't designed for you to sit around and wait for your pick...You queue up some guys in the order which you want them, then you go about your business and check back once a day.

Some people sign up for these BECAUSE of the 10-hour timeclock, I.E. they have lives and can't do too many normal drafts. So don't get in a hizzy when they use the clock and you sit around waiting for your pick.

It probably wont take a month, last year longest one I was in was only 24 days. Although now I have a question before I sign up for the next one. Are there email or text alerts for each pick like there is on FFPC? great for those people. i asked greg if next year there could be ones for people who are able to mutlitask having a life and fantasy football. all the 5 hours per pick drafters can be in a draft all by themselves. calculate how long that would take!

if every person took just 1 hour to make a pick and let's say there are 10 sleeping hours in a day due to east/west coast, it would take 1 day to complete each round. :eek:

the fact of the matter is, people taking 4 or 5+ hours for their picks during the day are COUNTING on other people taking their picks within a few minutes. without the "few minute" drafters, the draft would take easily a month to complete.

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:17 am

Originally posted by DoubleG:
quote:Originally posted by felixflamingo:

It probably wont take a month, last year longest one I was in was only 24 days. Although now I have a question before I sign up for the next one. Are there email or text alerts for each pick like there is on FFPC? great for those people. i asked greg if next year there could be ones for people who are able to mutlitask having a life and fantasy football. all the 5 hours per pick drafters can be in a draft all by themselves. calculate how long that would take!

if every person took just 1 hour to make a pick and let's say there are 10 sleeping hours in a day due to east/west coast, it would take 1 day to complete each round. :eek:

the fact of the matter is, people taking 4 or 5+ hours for their picks during the day are COUNTING on other people taking their picks within a few minutes. without the "few minute" drafters, the draft would take easily a month to complete.
[/QUOTE]Seeing a lot of names I'm not familiar with...I really wish the NFFC would come out with some sort of Slow Draft Etiquette or Slow Draft 101 that every drafter saw before the drafts started. The slow draft concept is new to many folks...
@RedRyder

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:19 am

What you are looking for is called a normal league with a 90 second clock.

FYI-I'd buy your team but I am going on vacation. I can't sign up for slow drafts until after.

Are there email and text alerts for NFFC slow drafts?