NFL 2008 "Pick'em Share Pool"

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:28 am

Originally posted by Jive Turkeys:
Hey Raiders, just saw the message you posted. What's the question? How can you let a 10 year old, beat you? Sorry you were the first one to ask. :D

Frank, you will have issues Big guy. Your son is hanging with the big boys.

John

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:02 am

Hey guy's...Diesel is correct,sent me a PM on possibly running same style pool for the COLLEGE BOWL GAMES.Love the idea and will work on FINALIZING something,very shortly......Ideas,??,how much are we willing to spend 1st year.The more the MERRIER????i THINK THERE IS 25 GAMES AND AFTER THE INTIAL START we got action almost every night.....I will try to run with this,but if someonelse is able and willing I have KNOW problem,passing the GAUNTLET or sharing the RESPONSIBILITIES......Remember this is OUR POOL and OPEN to ANY suggestions.LETS RUN WITH IT BOYS....

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:56 pm

I must admitt boys,I've been as low as $200,but got it back to $1000,finally.Anywys enough is enough,,,NICKEL $500 on to 1pm games.1 favorite that wins by at least 10, and 1 small dog that wins by 7-10...I'll reveal my winners at half time.Dont forget COLLEGE BOWL TOURNEY....SAME FORMAT 25 GAMES .ANY ?????????? OR SUGGESTIONS.ALL WELCOME.TELL FRIENDS,THERE FRIENDS AND THERE FRIENDS FRIENDS.....25 GAMES AND ALMOST CONTINUES ACTION NEVERMIND JAN1,2009,GAMBLERS DREAM..........

da bears

Post by da bears » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:12 pm

Thank you Chargers... :D Shot Caller rolls on!!!
Bauler Shot Caller

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:41 pm

Originally posted by da bears:
Thank you Chargers... :D Shot Caller rolls on!!! Jeez, no lie. That was my lock of the year being pulled out on a back door cover! LOL

Got lucky there, got unlucky with Palmer being inactivated.

I am in 3rd and have plenty of action on tonight's game.

Good luck all.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

russ0811

Post by russ0811 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:46 pm

Jeff I'm down for the college bowl games!!!!!!! Don't be mad at me for the loss I gave u in our league tho haahahhahah....

da bears

Post by da bears » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:59 pm

Originally posted by Participant 2137:
quote:Originally posted by da bears:
Thank you Chargers... :D Shot Caller rolls on!!! Jeez, no lie. That was my lock of the year being pulled out on a back door cover! LOL

Got lucky there, got unlucky with Palmer being inactivated.

I am in 3rd and have plenty of action on tonight's game.

Good luck all.
[/QUOTE]Yeah I thought for sure I was out 2000 shares but LT with the big TD run to cover. :D

Yeah GO BEARS tonight. :D
Bauler Shot Caller

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:46 am

Guys, just a reminder...I stressed at the beginning of this contest that I can't change any bets once they are in. It was brought to my attention that I do have the power to do that...But I've said in the rules that I can not change any games, and I'll have to stick with it.

My main reason was, I didn't want to have to delete picks from 90+ people on a Sunday morning if something drastic happens after bets were made, like a hurricane, major snow storm, etc...

I've already told 2 people that I can't change their bets, so it wouldn't be fair to change anyone else's for any reason. It would most likely be written in RED on the section that says "picks made"...It would probably say "pick deleted"...But we're not going to do that. Not this year, or next. I don't mind doing the leg work getting the pool together, but I'll have to leave this rule as is...

I know Carson Palmer not starting this weekend came TOTALLY out of the blue, but try and place your wagers as close to gametime as possible.

Good luck guys...

P.S...Is that ME in 2nd place? ;)
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

da bears

Post by da bears » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:55 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Guys, just a reminder...I stressed at the beginning of this contest that I can't change any bets once they are in. It was brought to my attention that I do have the power to do that...But I've said in the rules that I can not change any games, and I'll have to stick with it.

My main reason was, I didn't want to have to delete picks from 90+ people on a Sunday morning if something drastic happens after bets were made, like a hurricane, major snow storm, etc...

I've already told 2 people that I can't change their bets, so it wouldn't be fair to change anyone else's for any reason. It would most likely be written in RED on the section that says "picks made"...It would probably say "pick deleted"...But we're not going to do that. Not this year, or next. I don't mind doing the leg work getting the pool together, but I'll have to leave this rule as is...

I know Carson Palmer not starting this weekend came TOTALLY out of the blue, but try and place your wagers as close to gametime as possible.

Good luck guys...

P.S...Is that ME in 2nd place? ;) Yeah I wait till about 10 mins before game time before placing my bets.

Nice start Diesel!

I wish this contest was over today as it will be tough to maintain my first place lead....as the payouts for this contest are sweet!!!

[ September 30, 2008, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:12 am

Matt, I'd take 2nd place in a second! lol
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."