NFFC Early Season Draft Results

David U Kennedy

Re: NFFC Early Season Draft Results

Post by David U Kennedy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:10 pm

Of course it might help to see more of team 2 as well?

afv

Post by afv » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:33 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:Of course it might help to see more of team 2 as well?

That's it so far, only in rd11

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:34 pm

I"m not sure that we could be any further apart in our thinking David. We should make it a point to draft next to each other as we would never steal each other's picks lol.

Wayne

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:17 pm

Coltsfan wrote:

I"m not sure that we could be any further apart in our thinking David. We should make it a point to draft next to each other as we would never steal each other's picks lol.

Wayne
That could work perfectly. We wouldn't steal any picks from each other, I finish first, and you finish second :lol: I will retract my statement against Antonio Brown though. I looked up his game by game stats and they were good compared to his overall numbers. I still don't think he's a ideal number one WR for Big Ben. Brown is a better second fiddle. He might go for 65 catch and 900 5 or 6 tds. Decent flex numbers not what I want for a WR3 or my flex starter.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:22 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:
Coltsfan wrote:

Wayne
That could work perfectly. We wouldn't steal any picks from each other, I finish first, and you finish second :lol: I will retract my statement against Antonio Brown though. I looked up his game by game stats and they were good compared to his overall numbers. I still don't think he's a ideal number one WR for Big Ben. Brown is a better second fiddle. He might go for 65 catch and 900 5 or 6 tds. Decent flex numbers not what I want for a WR3 or my flex starter.

Somebody is going to catch a lot of balls in Pittsburgh this year. And it doesn't look like it will be Heath Miller. If not Brown then who? There will be an 80 catch guy on their roster.

Wayne

afv

Post by afv » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:00 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:
Coltsfan wrote:

Wayne
Agreed he isn't an ideal #1, but he's being drafted by most as a WR3. You agree that his per game #s are decent yet you think he falls off this year? Because Wallace is gone?

2012 prorated over 16 games 81-970
2011 actual 69-1108

no Wallace + no Miller = increased targets

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:20 pm

afv wrote:.
Agreed he isn't an ideal #1, but he's being drafted by most as a WR3. You agree that his per game #s are decent yet you think he falls off this year? Because Wallace is gone?

2011 actual 69-1108

no Wallace + no Miller = increased targets[/quote]

Also = increased attention from from opponent's #1 corner that he didn't have to deal with when Wallace was there.
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

afv

Post by afv » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:20 pm

Assuming average per game performance (2011-2012) and 5 TDs Brown does 210 points. Where does that rank in your WR list? Mid-20s? Warrants WR2 consideration...decent value for a WR3, plus upside from more targets.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:28 pm

Wayne[/quote]

That could work perfectly. We wouldn't steal any picks from each other, I finish first, and you finish second :lol: I will retract my statement against Antonio Brown though. I looked up his game by game stats and they were good compared to his overall numbers. I still don't think he's a ideal number one WR for Big Ben. Brown is a better second fiddle. He might go for 65 catch and 900 5 or 6 tds. Decent flex numbers not what I want for a WR3 or my flex starter.[/quote]

2011 actual 69-1108

no Wallace + no Miller = increased targets[/quote]

Defenses had to use there best CB and a safety to help cover Wallace and keep him from going deep. Now Brown is the number WR. He is going to get that attention from the defense or at least the best CB. That division has pretty good defenses. Can Brown thrive with that kind of attention? Increased targets doesn't always mean more success. He's a decent player but I believe Pitt is a team in decline and Big Ben takes a lot of punishment behind that crappy O-line. Hes not a horrible WR 3. MIke Williams, Lance Moore, Stevie Johnson were my WR 3s last year. They are good for 200 or more yards and 3 or 4 more TDs. 40 or 50 more points. Maybe he can get there Im just betting on other guys.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:36 pm

afv wrote:Assuming average per game performance (2011-2012) and 5 TDs Brown does 210 points. Where does that rank in your WR list? Mid-20s? Warrants WR2 consideration...decent value for a WR3, plus upside from more targets.

I have him as the 28th WR. Meaning he will always get drafted before I would draft him. Yes more targets, but also more attention on him. Be careful what you wish for. I just don't think he is good enough to be a #1 WR. Get's pushed around at the line of scrimmage and came off the field often when Steelers were near the goal line.
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.