Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

BLACKHAND

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:54 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
you know guys , when the next pres of the united states is elected(whoever it is)and talks about uniting the country i want him to start with snake and billy. much harder than the middle east...hehehe :D I'm not trying to start with snake here, Frank.

I found his post about Greg making the ruling to beat him in the Mag league humorous due to past seasons, and replied with something funny pertaining to those past seasons.

I simply am trying to understand how he thinks it is fair for SOME to be allowed to pick a replacement (those who would SEE that announcement, if it happened), but not everyone????
[/QUOTE]i know billy. just trying to make light of the situation. it is what it is. we forget(myself inc.)just how blessed we are.people in this world are hungry , homeless and in trouble with disasters and here we all are getting worked up in a high stakes ff league. we are all nuts !!
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

DOOMSDAY

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by DOOMSDAY » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:02 pm

I haven't read through the entire thread as I am sure it is a bitch and moan fest.

I am also certain it is too late for the this week but I would like to throw out one possibility for future considerations.

What would people think about giving owners the chance to get the lowest starting point total in their respective league for the player affected in such situations? Mainly I would envision this to be at the K and D because most only carry one.

If somebody in your league starts a D that nets zero then you would still get zero, bu tif the lowest nets 3 then you would get 3. We have all seen games come down to less than 3 points and this would give said owners at least a chance for something bc obvioulsy if the K or D was known to have a bye they would have bidded for a fill-in.

Make any sense, or too much of a reach?

pizzatyme

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:09 pm

Greg, one thing I'd ask is that if you truly want to "discuss" possible future FA plans, that you not post an opinion on any one of the options. That is of course unless you just are completely against that notion.

You are probably aware that what you say on these boards are taken as gospel by many and then they run with it as their marching orders.

I believe you run the fairest contest of the high stakes, but if you want rich discussions amongst your participants, about event happenings, I feel that less guiding of the troops with your personal feelings would be beneficial.

Thanks for your willingness to discuss change in the first place.

Russ
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Sound Advice

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Sound Advice » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:19 pm

A free period for next year is lame.

If there was a second chance to fill empty spots this week, all the teams in the league would have to have the opportunity block the pick up.

These guys we feel sorry for that have 1 te, 1 k and 1 def, are the same dudes that have extra RBs, WRs and QBs. Will they be feeling sorry for the guys they beat later because they have a #3 rb that turns into a starter?
What about the folks that carry and extra te,k, def?
Shouldn't they be rewarded?
I don't think I've ever managed that one. But the guys that have back-ups at those lame positions should have back-ups at those lame positions. The guys that don't (like myself usually) takes their chances.

This was a hands-down ruling.
I would lose confidence in any commish that ruled otherwise.

BillyWaz

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:25 pm

Originally posted by Sound Advice:
A free period for next year is lame.

If there was a second chance to fill empty spots this week, all the teams in the league would have to have the opportunity block the pick up.

These guys we feel sorry for that have 1 te, 1 k and 1 def, are the same dudes that have extra RBs, WRs and QBs. Will they be feeling sorry for the guys they beat later because they have a #3 rb that turns into a starter?
What about the folks that carry and extra te,k, def?
Shouldn't they be rewarded?
I don't think I've ever managed that one. But the guys that have back-ups at those lame positions should have back-ups at those lame positions. The guys that don't (like myself usually) takes their chances.

This was a hands-down ruling.
I would lose confidence in any commish that ruled otherwise. EXCELLENT post Dennis! :D

Gordon Gekko

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:45 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Glenn, I'll say a second time - cut out the name calling. There's no need for that here. Thank you. You'd make 99.9% of your customers a lot happier if u ban snake from the MB or better yet toss him out of the event.

His constant crap and name calling (even after u told him to stop) really brings down these boards.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:48 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:

I simply am trying to understand how he thinks it is fair for SOME to be allowed to pick a replacement (those who would SEE that announcement, if it happened), but not everyone???? Like I've been telling u since day one, he's not all there if u know what I mean.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Diesel

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Diesel » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:54 pm

Originally posted by Baggler:
Marc you and I are best buds but I couldn't disagree with you more. It's not fair to those who work or don't have access to computers on the weekends.

We than go back to the debate of having Saturday night waiver wire. Which we might have to reconsider. I was staunch opponent of this but if we had it this might be all mute.

Another thing to to think about.It never ends I logged off for awhile and this was 5-6 pages ago, but here's my point to you...

If you can log on Saturdays for your proposed waiver wire day change, then you'd be able to log on, on a Saturday to place a bid in for a player to be replaced in case of a natural disaster.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

kennorred

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by kennorred » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:37 pm

Originally posted by renman:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by renman:

One last question... What is the downside to allowing us to have a FAAB bid that closes Friday (as we have now) for the coveted free agents... and then just letting the free agent wire be open up until kickoff for $1 pickups first come first serve for the players no one wanted? This would cover up situations like this or when sudden injuries happen in pre game warmups or getting out of the shower on Saturday.

Just curious about the pros and cons of this.

Billy,

Well you have to admit, it was a fair point...lol You may finally have to agree with Snake! Renman,

The downside IMO is that this is a "first come first serve" for those who are always near the computer. Even snake last year complained because he started Ahman Green when it was announced 30-40 minutes before the game that he wasn't the starter.

There would be TONS of complaints if you did this IMO.
[/QUOTE]Billy,

That is the ONLY downside I could think of. To me, that is a minor downside and something we could work around. The possible upside to me is worth it. Again, this forum is a perfect setting for discussion and debate on these kinds of things.

Maybe a subsequent faab bid for $1 players that starts Friday night and ends noon on Sundays? something that could give owners flexibility in situations like this or where sudden injuries occur or if a player gets hurt in a car accident on the way to the game. Obviously few players would get picked up and it would be a once in a while tool to use. But a nice tool to have as a safety net.
[/QUOTE]maybe allow pickups after at the fri deadline on a first come first served basis but for a $10 to $25 min but not on players that were dropped on fri might work better to take care of emergencies like this. not sure im for a 1 dollar free for all on available free agents.