Erok

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Erok » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:41 am

THANKS FOR THE UPDATES.

Greg Ambrosius

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:18 am

Originally posted by W. Klown:
THANKS FOR THE UPDATES. ESPN.com held a pretty good Live Chat with Andrew Brandt today. Check out this link for his answers to a lot of good questions about the NFL and NBA labor situations:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/ ... rew-brandt
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:48 am

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio now says that the 8th Circuit Court ruling stymied talks a bit today and both sides are regrouping and will work through the weekend. Even though little got settled today, he still believes things can get done early next week and training camps can start on time. He's predicting a settlement by Tuesday or Wednesday at the earliest!! Yikes.

I'm done predicting the weather in this stormy confrontation. Wake me when it's done!! :D Amazing how both sides have carried this out as long as possible without pissing fans off completely. We're getting close boys, so let's get this done. AND SOON.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Erok

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Erok » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:45 pm

I thought I heard they were supposed to work through the weekend???????

no players or owners yet again?

I sure hope they all know this will get done this week b/c I have seen no urgency through all of this.

Erok

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Erok » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:15 am

Report this morning that a deal could be done in as little as 7-10 days.

7-10 days?????????????????

How about 3-5 days!!!!!!!!!!

Erok

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Erok » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:33 pm

Ahhh yes, yet another date this will end!

And lo and behold, it is an even later date than we were given before!
First, the end of June was when a deal would be done. Then July 4, then July 15, and nowwe are back to July 21.

This is really getting frustrating now. Especially since we aren't getting the truth about anything going on.

I am not optimistic anymore a deal will be done now.

I said it from the beginning, I didnt like D. Smith and the way he spoke and handled himself. If I dont like him you can bet none of those billionaire owners like his antics either.
I tend to lean with the players in this, but they have poor leadership and IMO hes been a big reason for this deal taking so long to get done.

BillyWaz

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:58 pm

Originally posted by W. Klown:

I said it from the beginning, I didnt like D. Smith and the way he spoke and handled himself. If I dont like him you can bet none of those billionaire owners like his antics either.
I tend to lean with the players in this, but they have poor leadership and IMO hes been a big reason for this deal taking so long to get done. I agree 100% with this.

However, ANY rookie should be happy with ANY bonus he gets. They were talking on Sirius how Cam Newton might ONLY get $20 million,

Oh my......how could he survive??? :rolleyes:

Sam Bradford and everyone else last year hit the jackpot.....everyone else......welcome to the REAL world.

3 years ago I was making more money than I make now. People are losing jobs all over America. D. Smith needs to understand that when he is spewing the diarrhea from his mouth.

Diesel

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Diesel » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:36 am

In my occupation, most of us have to be an apprentice for FIVE YEARS. A first year(rookie) apprentice's starting salary is near to nothing. We have to go to electrical school AND college and pass all classes, or we lose our job. We have to show our worth.
I totally understand that 5 years is a lifetime in the NFL, but a rookie should have to show his worth before he makes "big boy" money. (Maybe a mandatory 1-2 year low-end "rookie contract" for each player, in which by the third year they can ask for the sun, moon and the stars.)

The football world is twisted when guys of veteran status have to fight for validity of their salary, when a kid who's never played a down, gets $20 million just as a bonus.

[ July 12, 2011, 07:40 AM: Message edited by: Diesel ]
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Erok

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Erok » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:01 am

I dont see why rookies arent given the league minimum for 1-2 years before they are allowed to renegotiate a new deal based on performance, not projected ability.

Just a thought.