Who's Coming To The NFFC?

MidasMike

Post by MidasMike » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:28 am

Dont you think 15 leagues is an absurd amount buddy? , i mean i love this game as much as possible , i am innandated with it some tell me. I am going into 3 leagues this year and that may be too many , usually i do 2. Pretty much you are going to have every guy in the league on at least 1 team, and you are going to be facing every guy in the league at the other end! Where is the fun in that , and let me make another prediction- you gonna be a champ this year! unless your a horrible drafter , the odds are with you. But remember to tell all your buddies about the other 14 losers, thats all i ask. I don't mean to attack you or offend you but i just can't fathom being in 15 leagues is all. I think you may need to seek help, and this is coming from a junkie himself. Tom, Greg have you heard of any sickness or diseaes related to fantasy football?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:31 am

Chalk up two in a row today for Chicago as William Jansons of Arlington Heights, Illinois has just signed up for the NFFC's main event at the Chicago Oakbrook Marriott. William, who is new to our family of high stakes contests, is bringing a partner to the draft and he's ready to name his team! We're glad to have you guys aboard and best of luck in the hunt for the $5,000 league prize and the overall championship.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:47 am

The last hour has produced three online signups for the NFFC's main event, all coming from the Midwest. I like the trend and would gladly take three per hour for the next 12 days! ;) Let's see, that would give us...ah, never mind. Anyway, let's welcome a fellow Cheesehead to the NFFC as Tim Liddicoat of Madison, Wisconsin will be flying out to the Flamingo Las Vegas to compete in the main event on Saturday, Sept. 4th. Tim, who is new to our slate of event/contests, will be bringing a co-manager to the draft. Tim, us Cheeseheads will knock down a few MGDs beforehand, if that's okay with you! :D Welcome to our growing NFFC family and best of luck in the hunt for the overall title.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:23 pm

We're glad to welcome another industry guy to the NFFC as John Zaleski of Ultimate Fantasy Sports has signed up for the NFFC's main event and the Auction League in Las Vegas. John and I go WAAAAAYYYY back in this industry and it's good to have him on board and promoting the NFFC to his strong customer base. UFS has lifetime leagues, so you're looking at a die-hard fantasy football audience to promote to. Anyway, John is a veteran of Auction Leagues and thus becomes our 12th signup for that league in Las Vegas, leaving two spots open. He's also set for the NFFC, thus becoming our fourth signup of the day. Best of luck in both events, John, and thanks again for trusting in us.

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:21 pm

Originally posted by MidasMike:
Dont you think 15 leagues is an absurd amount buddy? , i mean i love this game as much as possible , i am innandated with it some tell me. I am going into 3 leagues this year and that may be too many , usually i do 2. Pretty much you are going to have every guy in the league on at least 1 team, and you are going to be facing every guy in the league at the other end! Where is the fun in that , and let me make another prediction- you gonna be a champ this year! unless your a horrible drafter , the odds are with you. But remember to tell all your buddies about the other 14 losers, thats all i ask. I don't mean to attack you or offend you but i just can't fathom being in 15 leagues is all. I think you may need to seek help, and this is coming from a junkie himself. Tom, Greg have you heard of any sickness or diseaes related to fantasy football? Uh... you're overwhelmed at 3 football leagues?

Seriously?

I'm in 32 baseball leagues - those are far more work than football. It's a fun hobby, like golf - only I don't lose my ball into the water.

You do the prepwork and analysis and then just reuse it multiple times. If you find out Tim Worrell is getting the closer job in Philly due to Wagner's injury it really takes very little effort to scroll through a series of leagues and pick him up or bid on him.

Do you pace yourself checking the air in your tires one tire per week?

Just curious - I realize I'm an addict... my name is Dave.

D

[ August 17, 2004, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: Dyv ]
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:34 am

Originally posted by MidasMike:
Dont you think 15 leagues is an absurd amount buddy? , i mean i love this game as much as possible , i am innandated with it some tell me. I am going into 3 leagues this year and that may be too many , usually i do 2. Pretty much you are going to have every guy in the league on at least 1 team, and you are going to be facing every guy in the league at the other end! Where is the fun in that , and let me make another prediction- you gonna be a champ this year! unless your a horrible drafter , the odds are with you. But remember to tell all your buddies about the other 14 losers, thats all i ask. I don't mean to attack you or offend you but i just can't fathom being in 15 leagues is all. I think you may need to seek help, and this is coming from a junkie himself. Tom, Greg have you heard of any sickness or diseaes related to fantasy football? With all due respect Midas Mike, why do you give a _ _ _ _? Yes, I do have most of the players in the NFL covered, but I can tell you I win around 60-70% of my games on a CONSISTENT basis which usually leads to 70%+ of my teams making the playoffs. I am certainly not bragging, but am trying to prove a point that although I may have almost every NFL player on at least one roster, I can handle the swings, at it usually works itself out nicely for me.

If you consider yourself a "junkie" with 3 leagues, well then something you actually DO spend a lot of time at, I'm sure you think you are the greatest in the world.

Like Dyv's said, this is a hobby which I enjoy VERY much. Like anything you want to be successful at, it takes up a good amount of time, but it has been VERY profitable to myself and family, and I'm not polluting my body or doing anything illegal.

"Hi my name is BillyWaz, and I am a fantasy football junkie".

[ August 18, 2004, 06:37 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:41 am

I agree with you, Waz. 5 months for my hobby, the other 7 months for my family's hobbys. Seems like a fair trade to me and has been for the last 9 years.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:21 am

Okay, I'm chalking this latest signup to yesterday as Philip stayed up a bit later than me last night to get this one in. We welcome our 44th member of the National Fantasy Baseball Championship to our gridiron event as the tag team of Philip McDonald and Josh Butler of Huntsville, Alabama have signed up for all three events at the Flamingo in Las Vegas. Philip and Josh will compete in the Draft Masters League, the Auction League and the NFFC's main event! Oooh, that does my heart good to see that. Thanks for trusting in us guys once again and best of luck in the hunt for all the league prizes and the overall prize. And when the drafts are over, I know these guys are staying a few extra days to really soak in the Las Vegas night life, so enjoy.

We have one spot open for the Auction League in Las Vegas and will certainly try to fill a second one these next two weeks. But if you want to be guaranteed a spot in the Auction League in Las Vegas, don't delay.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:45 am

We're happy to welcome the NFFC's first all-female team as Elaina Saperstein of Las Vegas and Kathi Bauch are claiming home field advantage in the NFFC's main event at the Flamingo. Elaina and Kathi are new to our family of high stakes contests, but we welcome them with open arms. Best of luck ladies in the hunt for the grand prize and thanks for trusting in us.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:49 am

We just filled one Auction League in Las Vegas and will gladly begin taking applications for another. Derek Anderson and Kyle Pope, who are already signed up for the NFFC's main event and the Draft Masters League, snared the final Auction League spot as well. Thanks guys and best of luck in the trifecta!!!