NFFC Post-Season Hold 'Em Contest Rules

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:17 pm

:D

[ January 11, 2008, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:18 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
. LOL..good thing you erased this because you contradicted your first post LOL
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:19 pm

yup...you're too fast!!!
:D
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:19 pm

Originally posted by JohnZ:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
. LOL..good thing you erased this because you contradicted your first post LOL [/QUOTE]tequila time :eek:

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:20 pm

Originally posted by JohnZ:
quote:Originally posted by 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com:
quote:Originally posted by JohnZ:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':
Good answers, guys. Greg would be proud. And you keep me posted when you do join that contest which provides all the "fun, challenge and entertainment" that will make you look past a 66% or so payout. [/QUOTE]911fantasy.com Playoff game.

Using Greg in all your replies is getting very old and pathetic. My answer had nothing to do with him. This isn't the only game I play and many have less than 66%.

Why is what the operator makes so important to you?

Curious, what do you do for a living?
[/QUOTE]John Z
Hope all is well.

It's not, and I WAS breaking Gregs chops, and kidding (childish as someone said).
Greg NEEDS to make $$, that's what keeps him here.
THAT'S COOL.

Just don't SPIN is really what I'm saying, it's not 80%, it's 66% and that's a consistent M.O. here.

Nag said a while ago, maybe Greg flipping out about the % would have been beter to say something like
"yea, making $$ is alright and that's why we have 164 this year"
But the swinging HARD at defending the $20 as a "non expense" is the point.

I want to make $$ as well, we all do. No problem.

3'
[/QUOTE]Hi Lou... all is well... been buried this week...

Go read this thread again...

It should have all stopped at end of page 4 with this....

"The prize pool should be $12,000 based on $15,000 in signups, which is 80 percent. During the first two years, we did not get 150 teams and it's quite possible that this year we won't either. We had 117 the first year and 137 last year, but of course we still guaranteed the prize money. We're not trying to get rich off this contest; it's just a fun way to end the season for our NFFC participants and we just try not to lose any money on this. I have to pay the folks at Fantasy911.com to run this contest for us because we don't have the software to do it and they are good promotional partners. So there's more of an expense here than just another satellite league at 80%.

If you think we're getting too rich off the $20 per team for transactions and we wind up paying out less than 80 percent, then I'm sorry about that. But we definitely paid more than 80 percent the first year and still guaranteed the prize money and last year we finished right around there as well. When all is said and done, we'll probably be there again this year.

Heck, if we actually get to 150, we'll see what we can do about adding a few more bones. Good luck to all who do enter."

But, no. Nag has go to do his thing. It's beyond anal in my book.

Where were the Nag posts when they paid more than 80%?

My memory sucks right now. Didn't Nag win a prize in this contest when they gave out more than 80%? My apologies to Nag as I could very well be wrong here.

My problem with Nag's posts are that they are ALWAYS one-sided and give ZERO consideration for what it takes to put on these games. ZERO. Post after post after post on every subject imaginable, but not a clue on what it takes to run games, only his PERCEPTION of what he thinks it takes, which is always narrow minded.

Nag isn't the only one that does this, and if you knew how little the return is on 80% when you compare it to the investment, work and time required, you'd be shocked. It's right above running a grocery store IMO.

I really want to see ALL the data NAG uses to justify his 80% as the level all games should be at. And when I see it, he better put on a flak jacket and I (and anyone in the biz) will riddle it with bullet holes.
[/quote]

Please point out one place - JUST ONE - where I said the return should be 80%. Otherwise, shut the f up. You know nothing about me or what I think and you've written more moronic posts on this particular board than anyone else I can ever remember. And that's saying a lot considering who's posting here so be proud.

[ January 11, 2008, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: Nag' ]
For Players. By Players.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:21 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by JohnZ:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
. LOL..good thing you erased this because you contradicted your first post LOL [/QUOTE]tequila time :eek:
[/QUOTE]He meant well.... I said "all games"

Lance..e-mail me, I don't want anything lost in translation...
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:22 pm

I'd say John is dead-on Nag, so on he seems to have touched nerve.

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:24 pm

I'd say John is dead-on Nag, so on he seems to have touched nerve. I'm sure you think he is. You all can have youselves a nice circle jerk now while patting yourselves on the back. Go on. This is what you guys are good at.
For Players. By Players.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:28 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
I'd say John is dead-on Nag, so on he seems to have touched nerve. I'm sure you think he is. You all can have youselves a nice circle jerk now while patting yourselves on the back. Go on. This is what you guys are good at. [/QUOTE]Give your friend his daily call Nag. You need some support and you're unlikely to find it from anyone with objectivity.

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:31 pm

quote:Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
I'd say John is dead-on Nag, so on he seems to have touched nerve. I'm sure you think he is. You all can have youselves a nice circle jerk now while patting yourselves on the back. Go on. This is what you guys are good at. [/QUOTE]Give your friend his daily call Nag. You need some support and you're unlikely to find it from anyone with objectivity.
[/QUOTE]Is this going to be your "out" every time you have nothing new to say to me? I'm thinking yes. I'm already used to your lack of creativity in our earlier encounters last summer.
For Players. By Players.