Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

The Franchise

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by The Franchise » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:22 pm

Originally posted by Bullgod:
quote:Originally posted by The Franchise:
quote:Originally posted by Bullgod:
It is laughable to me that people are happy with 19 points at the QB position. I'd be pissed off if my QB got me 19 points.
Bully for you if you are happy with 19. After Thursday you might wish for 19!
All this talk and he is averaging 23 points per start. I don't think that is even top 10.

He may be 3-1 as a starter this year but the only game he helped his team to the win was the Raiders game. Starting QB records can be very misleading. Kyle Orton was 10-5 for the Bears in 2004 or 2005 and Grossman got healthy and started in the playoffs.
As for having no talent on this team that is laughable. They have a strong defense that has won two of the "Timmy" games.

Mcgahee has been a troubled player for years but his production this year has been there! He's 12th in the NFL in rushing and he had only 4 carries in 2 games this year!
So if you take the 6 games he's played in he has averaged 103 yards rushing per game.
Give any NFL qb a 100 yard back and they will win 3 out of 4 most times.

Decker? well with Lloyd playing and a QB that is, shall we say more traditional, he amassed 20 catches 270 yards and 4 TD's in 4 games. That is as the 2nd WR.

I don't want to hear they have no talent because it's just not true. A true stud at LT in Clady. Demarius Thomas if he could stay healthy is a fantastic talent. Eddie Royal if used correctly is sufficient.
They have talent on both sides of the ball and their defense keeps them in games long enough for Tebow to finally hit a wide open receiver.

After a 2 for 8 passing day I thought the Tebow supporters might quiet down. Alas they are louder and prouder than ever before.
I heard a stat that made me laugh out loud the other day. They said he went over 60 minutes of game time without completing a single pass! From the 3rd quarter of the Raiders game to the 3rd quarter of the K.C. game.

If you like the way he lives his life or comports himself on the field or puts his faith right out there with no misgivings I could understand.
But the unabashed love for him as a player completely baffles me.

Please keep playing him as it only helps me in the overall standings! :D :D :D Pat - Tebow will be 4-1 as a starter after Thursday.

It's not pretty, but Tebow owners had an advantage over Vick, Stafford, Newton and Big Ben owners last week.

I think the kid is a winner and if given time to develop he could be very successful in the NFL and continue to be successful in Fantasy Football. I also think that the NFL is all about wins and being able to sell a product to their fans. Tebow right now is doing both!
[/QUOTE]Nelson- I agree that the NFL is all about that. I just don't think you can sell his brand of football. It is tough to watch. Great kid-Bad quarterback.
[/QUOTE]I have Tebow on quite a few teams and I agree it is tough to watch, but he gets it done. Bad Quarterback? Yes, if we are comparing him to your prototypical QB like Brady......................Actually, pretty much every QB in the league. :D But there is something about him that if the coaching staff stays committed to running the offense to his strengths, he could change the game and how it's played (In a good way )
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:38 pm

TEBOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

DoubleG

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by DoubleG » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:37 pm

where are the tebow haters?

Fourslot40

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Fourslot40 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:52 am

His post-game interview was impressive as well.

Ry's Guys

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Ry's Guys » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:56 am

Where did all the tebow haters go? We are probably raping and pillaging a village.

I don't know if I'm considered a Tebow hater. I'm not, don't "hate" him. Seems like a great guy. Honestly i dont care if he's a good guy or a jerk and like all other football players I don't really care! Play the game hard and don't hurt anyone off the field. These are modern day gladiators who destroy there bodies for money, fame or glory. I don't have to live with them I turn off the tv and go back to my life, which doesn't include them!
Any way I look at it he still sucks as a QB. He may be 4-1 as a starter but the Broncos D won that game last night, not Tebow. Same can be said for the Chiefs game. So I'll take the hater tag. I don't know how in the world people see anything but a very bad quarterback here. Call him a gamer or a winner if you want but if he had a different defense or wasn't playing the inept J.E.T.S. offense they would have lost that game by 30!
You can't continually miss open receivers and go three and out. Eventually your team will be down big! Then the last five minutes of a game actually make a difference.
Pat Sorge

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:07 am

Sorry Pat but I have to disagree. Yes the Denver defense was terrific but Tebow did what all good (and great for that matter) QBs do - when the game was on the line he made big plays to win the game. As I've been saying here and on Twitter last night, I think the Denver game plan held him back significantly between the first drive and the last. Had a more intelligent game plan been implemented Tebow's production likely would have been far better than it was.

I'll say the same thing I said after Week 10 - at some point people need to stop focusing so intently on the things Tebow doesn't do well (and there are plenty of them) and focusing more on the things he does well. And there's no denying his teams sure seem to win. A lot.

[ November 18, 2011, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BLACKHAND

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:15 am

im not a tebow hater but i just cant see this guy as a long term qb. people been saying that denver should let him play like he did on the last drive. well the jets were playing a 4-3 def all night. the last drive they went to a 3-4 def like tebow was going to beat them with his arm. the jets do not have a running game. sanchez is going backwards and denver does have a legit def. you cant hate the guy but i cant see how this guy will be around for long. after the game the look on elway was " what am i going to do now " i just cant get it into my thick head to buy in on tebow.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:20 am

Frank, the Jets did a great job of loading up the front to stop the runs between the tackles. However, the Broncos did not allow Tebow to run the ball at all for the most part before the final drive and I can count on one hand the number of times after the first drive where they moved the pocket and gave him some run/pass options. Denver's game plan last night was terrible.

If you're going to start someone like Tebow you at least have to play to his strengths and he does have some. You can't ask him to stay in the pocket, make reads and progressions and throw the ball. He simply lacks the ability to do that at the present time. And yet, that's what the Broncos were asking him to do between the first and final drives. It was shocking to me because it clearly wasn't going to work and so it wasn't a surprise at all when it didn't work - especially against a team like the Jets, who have a great pass defense.

[ November 18, 2011, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

thegambler

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by thegambler » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:40 am

he did look very bad sometimes last night, almost awefull BUT in the end he found a way to drive them 95 yards to win the game against one of the best def's in the league. a def that wanted to beat him sooooo bad.

the guy finds a way to win with very little passing talent. i guess my biggest question would be: can you develope this guy to be able to read def and pass the ball in the pocket, ala michale vick? because if he can't find a way to do that eventually he will be gone.

i thought denver should have moved tebow around more. did some roll out plays with the run pass option like tom said. the guy needs a big reception type wr....someone who goes over the middle. so when they play action and the middle is wide open you have a guy like boldin going over the middle, not decker or royal. no offense to royal or decker fans but those guys are just avg wr's at best.

might not work this late in the year but T.O. would be a good fit for them. he probably doesn't have the speed to go deep anymore but still has the size to go over the middle.

WHAT TIME IS IT??????

IT'S TEBOW TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:42 am

If Tebow ever learns to throw the ball accurately he may not lose another game.

I'm only half-kidding about that.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich