Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Raiders

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Raiders » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:47 am

Tamuscarecrow,

Seeing how NFFC blow it. What was the answer?

Thanks,

John

BillyWaz

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:49 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
I agree with the decision completely although the team with Heap backing up Daniels is a bummer...lol. If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all...DOH! In the NBC/Primetime/12-team Main Event, the two TE's I drafted were Daniels and Heap. On a hunch (a la Sheriff Dean Farley), I picked up John Carlson on Friday night.

No problem, mon!
[/QUOTE]It is amazing how many people DID plan ahead for the potential problem of no game being played, yet some (namely one) come on here complaining because they didn't consider it.

As I said before, either kickers (Brown or Stover) could easily have been dropped, and picked up next week for less than $5.

[ September 14, 2008, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Eddiejag

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Eddiejag » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:49 am

Last week i had to go to Vegas on weds mourning and the lineup page wasnt up in the NFFC.I wasnt able to get Brandon Marshall out of my lineup , i lost by 1 point.Any one ofmy bench options would have given me a win and more points, [Daniels, M Morris.or Jenkins.Im still sick to my stomach now take your zero's like a man.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

King of Queens

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:51 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
I agree with the decision completely although the team with Heap backing up Daniels is a bummer...lol. If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all...DOH! In the NBC/Primetime/12-team Main Event, the two TE's I drafted were Daniels and Heap. On a hunch (a la Sheriff Dean Farley), I picked up John Carlson on Friday night.

No problem, mon!
[/QUOTE]It is amazing how many people DID plan ahead for the potential problem of no game being played, yet some (namely one) come on here complaining because they didn't consider it.

As I said before, either kickers (Brown or Stover) could easily have been dropped, and picked up next week for less than $5.
[/QUOTE]http://nffcboards.stats.com/cgi-bin/ult ... 003376;p=2

See the first post of Page 2

Raiders

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Raiders » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:52 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Last week i had to go to Vegas on weds mourning and the lineup page wasnt up in the NFFC.I wasnt able to get Brandon Marshall out of my lineup , i lost by 1 point.Any one ofmy bench options would have given me a win and more points, [Daniels, M Morris.or Jenkins.Im still sick to my stomach now take your zero's like a man. You could have called, No?

King of Queens

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:55 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
Can't change anything this year but expect a new rule on this next year. Would like to see average used instead of sticking people with zeros and saying "tough sh*t" as that is not the customer service I've seen the first four years. This was an extraordinary event that required an extraordinary decision from the NFFC and it didn't happen. ...well stated TamuRick...SNAKE [/QUOTE]ISHO, would the "extraordinary decision" on the part of the NFFC involved me getting a refund for the dollars spent on John Carlson?

BillyWaz

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:58 am

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
Can't change anything this year but expect a new rule on this next year. Would like to see average used instead of sticking people with zeros and saying "tough sh*t" as that is not the customer service I've seen the first four years. This was an extraordinary event that required an extraordinary decision from the NFFC and it didn't happen.

As for my good friend Bubba, this isn't about vision but about the NFL and NFFC blowing it. I have Daniels and Clark as my tight ends and might have grabbed a 3rd if I were a hurricane expert like Jim Cantore. But then again, how many rosters in the NFFC have 3 tight ends? I'm going to say none. As it is, I think Clark will play and I have Schaub and McGahee covered, but as we have seen in at least 2 threads, I'm not the only one who isn't a hurricane expert. Fact is, the NFL made a decision on Saturday afternoon/evening that NO player in the NFFC can manage for. In my lifetime, this is the first time I can ever remember the NFL changing the schedule in-season.

Just as a pre-caution, you guys with Jacksonville, Miami, or Tampa Bay players may want to start spending the FA bucks to hedge as Josephine is starting to strenghten again in the Atlantic. Rick,

I don't know what you thought should have been done??? :confused:

As has been mentioned on this thread....

1) It was too late for a "mass e-mail" to go out, and even so, is it fair that the people who frequent these boards/check their e-mail get a shot at a replacement, but those who don't get screwed?

2) Although most don't, some people DO carry 2 K, 2 defenses, or even 3 TE's
during the season. It isn't the NFFC's job to make sure people do this, and maybe now people will consider that, instead of keeping the RB or WR who is inactive and needs an injury to be "something" (and yes.... I have Robert Meachem :D )

They made the only call they could without creating MORE chaos.

It sucks, but it is what it is. :(

BillyWaz

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:00 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:

No problem, mon!

[/QUOTE]http://nffcboards.stats.com/cgi-bin/ult ... 003376;p=2

See the first post of Page 2
[/QUOTE]Obviously, he didn't heed the warning. :(