NFFC Post-Season Hold 'Em Contest Rules

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:31 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
Nag,

I'm playing in this for one reason. The chance to turn $120 into $10,000. I couldn't tell you of the top of my head what the breakdown is after that. If a few extra players won their money back, it wouldn't change my reason for playing in it. I played KNOWING the payout wasn't going to be great so I had no issue. I still don't. This all started on page 4 of this thread when someone else (none of us here) brought up the poor payout issue and Greg responded very defensively, as if he was being accused of some wrong doing, when the only thing that was being pointed out was the truth.
[/QUOTE]Hey now. Guess I opened a can of worms here.

I actually didn't end up signing up for this because of it. No big deal, I don't like bad bets. The entertainment factor comes in to play definitely, but not enough for me personally to ignore that it's a bad bet. I'll tell you one thing, whomever wins the 10 gees isn't going to be complaining.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:39 pm

quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':
I'd say John is dead-on Nag, so on he seems to have touched nerve. I'm sure you think he is. You all can have youselves a nice circle jerk now while patting yourselves on the back. Go on. This is what you guys are good at. [/QUOTE]Give your friend his daily call Nag. You need some support and you're unlikely to find it from anyone with objectivity.
[/QUOTE]Is this going to be your "out" every time you have nothing new to say to me? I'm thinking yes. I'm already used to your lack of creativity in our earlier encounters last summer.
[/QUOTE]That's pretty funny coming from someone who's only response all night has been, "I thought that's what you'd say".

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:40 pm

Originally posted by boutrous11:
quote:Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
Nag,

I'm playing in this for one reason. The chance to turn $120 into $10,000. I couldn't tell you of the top of my head what the breakdown is after that. If a few extra players won their money back, it wouldn't change my reason for playing in it. I played KNOWING the payout wasn't going to be great so I had no issue. I still don't. This all started on page 4 of this thread when someone else (none of us here) brought up the poor payout issue and Greg responded very defensively, as if he was being accused of some wrong doing, when the only thing that was being pointed out was the truth.
[/QUOTE]Hey now. Guess I opened a can of worms here.

I actually didn't end up signing up for this because of it. No big deal, I don't like bad bets. The entertainment factor comes in to play definitely, but not enough for me personally to ignore that it's a bad bet. I'll tell you one thing, whomever wins the 10 gees isn't going to be complaining.
[/QUOTE]A bell rang in my head...saying "I think I like boutrous11"...

So I looked up a few of your recent posts...and confirmed it.

What uuuuuuuup!

(Especially the randomness of winning a home league vs. lesser skilled players in FFB!)

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:43 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
I'd say John is dead-on Nag, so on he seems to have touched nerve. I'm sure you think he is. You all can have youselves a nice circle jerk now while patting yourselves on the back. Go on. This is what you guys are good at. [/QUOTE]Give your friend his daily call Nag. You need some support and you're unlikely to find it from anyone with objectivity.
[/QUOTE]Is this going to be your "out" every time you have nothing new to say to me? I'm thinking yes. I'm already used to your lack of creativity in our earlier encounters last summer.
[/QUOTE]That's pretty funny coming from someone who's only response all night has been, "I thought that's what you'd say".
[/QUOTE]So, you've got zero creativity AND practically no reading conprehension skills. A winning combination!

Come and get it.
For Players. By Players.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:46 pm

Originally posted by 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com:
Nag, why are you perpetually blinded by your love of Lou, and do you think he cannot answer for himself?

This is about the 30th time I have seen you defend him like he's your girlfriend. It's creepy. This is the kind of lame answer expected here.

Nag and I are not blinded by the need to ignore the FACT that this contest is NOT 80% payout, it's 66%.

And have the balls to say so.

Sorry you find it creepy, I back my friends up. Period.

3'
[/QUOTE]Sorry Nag, I confused the 80% requirement with you, but in essence, asking who would play at 66% isn't much different...
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:52 pm

[/QUOTE]So, you've got zero creativity AND practically no reading conprehension skills. A winning combination!

Come and get it.
[/QUOTE]Yawn, try to say something with an ounce of substance every once in awhile. Ehhh, never mind, we already know you are who we thought you were.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:17 pm

quote:Originally posted by JohnZ:
Good answers, guys. Greg would be proud. And you keep me posted when you do join that contest which provides all the "fun, challenge and entertainment" that will make you look past a 66% or so payout. 911fantasy.com Playoff game.

Using Greg in all your replies is getting very old and pathetic. My answer had nothing to do with him. This isn't the only game I play and many have less than 66%.

Why is what the operator makes so important to you?

Curious, what do you do for a living?[/QUOTE]Both your answers had everything to do with where you are and who is reading. I've been around long enough and talked to enough people to know what FF players think about % payouts in the 60s. Don't bullsh!t me.

As for what I do for a living, if you can explain the relevance of your inquiry to this discussion, I will gladly tell you.
[/QUOTE]You've been around too many wcoff owners IMO, and that's fine. Is it true that they are giving second teams away for $1000 if you pay soon? Why would an event that sells so many teams need to do that? Maybe costs were a little too high last year?

Living thing can only be explained once I know what it is. It might or might not be.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:49 pm

Originally posted by JohnZ:
You've been around too many wcoff owners IMO, and that's fine. I've been around WCOFF owners, NFFC owners, individual league owners, gamblers, poker players, businessmen, etc. As a rule, with very, very few exceptions, noone will play in ANY contest that pays out in the 60%.

Is it true that they are giving second teams away for $1000 if you pay soon? Why would an event that sells so many teams need to do that? Maybe costs were a little too high last year?Costs too high? You couldn't be more off on this one. I think it's a BRILLIANT business move on many levels. I've been critical of WCOFF marketing strategy - mainly because there didn't seem to be one - since year 2 but now, Jesse & Dustin have hit one out of the park with this one. For one, what better way to get the co-managers to buy their own teams besides sell them one at a 40% discount? This move will be copycated very soon, you can be sure of it.

Living thing can only be explained once I know what it is. It might or might not be. I assume you were attempting to prove the error of my position on a specific issue by showing that my life experience doesn't allow me to understand this issue correctly. If I tell you what I do for a living and it suits your assumption, you would use it to make your point. If it does not, you would just dismiss it and move on. I will obviously not allow you to do this.
For Players. By Players.

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:52 pm

Nag' I wonder why you bother? I understand your side, but some egos around here just aren't willing to budge when it comes to them admitting they understand a contarian point of view. May as well save the headache and move on.