Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

BillyWaz

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:02 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
I agree with the decision completely although the team with Heap backing up Daniels is a bummer...lol. If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all...DOH! In the NBC/Primetime/12-team Main Event, the two TE's I drafted were Daniels and Heap. On a hunch (a la Sheriff Dean Farley), I picked up John Carlson on Friday night.

No problem, mon!
[/QUOTE]It is amazing how many people DID plan ahead for the potential problem of no game being played, yet some (namely one) come on here complaining because they didn't consider it.

As I said before, either kickers (Brown or Stover) could easily have been dropped, and picked up next week for less than $5.
[/QUOTE]...dude, seriously, what is wrong with you man?...is it enviornMENTAL or genetic?...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]snake,

When it seems like just as many DID plan ahead for this, you can't start your "name calling" just because you DIDN'T. Wayne Ellis has NO QB this week, but you don't hear him whining!

Like Eddie said.... "take your zeros like a man!" ;)

BONGIZMO

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BONGIZMO » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:03 am

On the subject of average instead of a zero, can someone than give me the average to replace my studly minny D last week that gave me a zero? We start doing aves and giving points and this entire contest becomes a mess. People need to simply decide whether they want to have back ups eating spots or stash the potential starting 3rd string rb on the bench...your strategy, your choice imho.
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

King of Queens

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:04 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
It seems as if the UNDER won here. 19 was the over/under on this thread. FAIL

King of Queens

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:05 am

Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
We start doing aves and giving points and this entire contest becomes a mess. People need to simply decide whether they want to have back ups eating spots or stash the potential starting 3rd string rb on the bench...your strategy, your choice imho. +1 -- nicely stated

BONGIZMO

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BONGIZMO » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:11 am

As for the strategy choice, i recall a few years back, not sure if it was here or WCOFF where some teams went into the playoff rounds with only one kicker and he got hurt thus guaranteeing a zero. That created the entire why can't we have a WW period for unseen circumstances during the playoffs blah blah blah. It always amazes me that even in games people always want a backstop for their gambles that don't pay off. It's not the real world folks....well unless your the government but that's a whole nuther thread...lol.

Raiders

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Raiders » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:12 am

Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
As for the strategy choice, i recall a few years back, not sure if it was here or WCOFF where some teams went into the playoff rounds with only one kicker and he got hurt thus guaranteeing a zero. That created the entire why can't we have a WW period for unseen circumstances during the playoffs blah blah blah. It always amazes me that even in games people always want a backstop for their gambles that don't pay off. It's not the real world folks....well unless your the government but that's a whole nuther thread...lol. So you don't beleive in 'Do over's'? :D

BONGIZMO

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BONGIZMO » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:14 am

LOL, um no...although there are many instances where I could have used one starting with avoiding all Patriots during 2007 cause they will spread the ball around to much...ACK!

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
As for the strategy choice, i recall a few years back, not sure if it was here or WCOFF where some teams went into the playoff rounds with only one kicker and he got hurt thus guaranteeing a zero. That created the entire why can't we have a WW period for unseen circumstances during the playoffs blah blah blah. It always amazes me that even in games people always want a backstop for their gambles that don't pay off. It's not the real world folks....well unless your the government but that's a whole nuther thread...lol. So you don't beleive in 'Do over's'? :D [/QUOTE]

weber7777

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by weber7777 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:15 am

Here is one of the other leagues's response to the problem which i don't know how anyone can say is unfair. im an advocate of this league Greg and Tom know that, so im only posting this as a suggestion although i know it's too late:

"RotoBowl Fantasy Football Tournament

Dear Michael .

According to NFL.com:

The Ravens-Texans game originally scheduled to be played Sunday, then rescheduled to be played Monday night due to Hurricane Ike, will now be played in Week 10. Therefore, the Texans and Ravens game will not count towards Week 2. We suggest you replace Texans and Ravens players from your Week 2 starting lineups.

Because of this sudden schedule change, we are adding a free agent pickup period beginning 12:15am Sunday morning until 12:00 Noon on Sunday afternoon. Bids will be processed at noon, and teams will have until game time to edit their lineups accordingly.

This is a one-time only addition and will not happen again in future weeks unless otherwise notified by RotoBowl staff. For Help on the Free Agency process, go to Help -> Help Center -> Transactions -> Blind Bidding.

-RotoBowl Staff "
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

weber7777

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by weber7777 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:16 am

oh yea, BRAVO.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

Raiders

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Raiders » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:18 am