July 16th BBDS league

BillyWaz

July 16th BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:03 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I took my backup QB in round 9 (15th overall), and there were TWO other people who already had their backups. is one of those TWO owners your "snake alleged" conspirator, Route C? [/QUOTE]"snake alleged"??? :confused: :confused:

sportsbettingman

July 16th BBDS league

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:03 am

Hey 4D (ounce)...

Fantasy folks are very fickle...they seem to forget 2 years back completely. Basing all of your opinions on if a player is washed up on LAST YEAR is something I bank on. (I love getting 6 players that were drafted in the first TWO rounds of 2005 drafts!...Holt, Owens, McAllister, J. Lewis, Barlow, Holmes)

I realize a few are legit gambles...but I didn't draft them in the first few rounds either...not bad value if they pan out.

~Lance

[ July 18, 2006, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

BillyWaz

July 16th BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:06 am

I took my backup QB in round 9 (15th overall), and there were TWO other people who already had their backups. is one of those TWO owners your "snake alleged" conspirator, Route C? [/QUOTE]If your so adamant about this, I would think you could do your own research as to "who took who".

You certainly had the time to point out everyone's perceived faults with their drafts (same bye weeks, no backup QB, etc.) so I don't think this would be too difficult.

Gordon Gekko

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:12 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
If your so adamant about this, I would think you could do your own research as to "who took who". interesting, yet expected answer
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Ted's Cracked Head

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:27 am

What a difference one day makes. After not being able to get online for about 24 hours, I had to sift through 11 pages to get caught up.

RI - The sidebet is my team vs team 3 ? Total Points?

If so? I am in for $100 and will give you 130 total points to tack on at the end for another $100 at 9 to 1 odds in my favor.

I win with a total point margain of 130 points or less and we are even. I win with a total point margain of greater than 130 points and I win $1000. You win (somehow) and I owe you $200.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

BillyWaz

July 16th BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:44 am

I look forward to it, as there is nothing I did wrong besides take the player I wanted.that could certainly be the case [/QUOTE]It is the case.

Honestly Gekko, you need to relax. Your going to get a reputation of a "Jersey Paul" if you keep at it. :eek:

[ July 18, 2006, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Gordon Gekko

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:38 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Honestly Gekko, you need to relax. Your going to get a reputation of a "Jersey Paul" if you keep at it. :eek: we will find out soon enough (within 48 hours). till then, good day
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

mkrucek

July 16th BBDS league

Post by mkrucek » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:58 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Hey 4D (ounce)...

Fantasy folks are very fickle...they seem to forget 2 years back completely. Basing all of your opinions on if a player is washed up on LAST YEAR is something I bank on. (I love getting 6 players that were drafted in the first TWO rounds of 2005 drafts!...Holt, Owens, McAllister, J. Lewis, Barlow, Holmes)

I realize a few are legit gambles...but I didn't draft them in the first few rounds either...not bad value if they pan out.

~Lance If that's something you bank on you're already overdrawn. It's one thing to have a bad year. It's another to be out of football! Or coming back less than a year after an ACL. At their very best Holmes and Faulk are backups whose only upside is to be the first drops in fa. Kevin Barlow? Is he still high on footballguys list? It's one thing to hope a sleeper or two come through, but it's a good idea to make sure they're breathing first.

But like you pointed out, you're thinking two years back.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

RiFF

July 16th BBDS league

Post by RiFF » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:07 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Here's the problem with having multiple bye week players -- yes, even in a points league:

* Your starting lineup is made up of 6 RBs/WRs (unless you have Gates and Heap or something like that)

* Your bench consists of various players who can be used in a bye week. These are your 7th, 8th, 9th etc best players at RB, WR and occasionally TE

* If one of your top 6 players have their bye, you are likely to use your 7th best player

* If two of your top 6 players have their bye in the same week, you are likely to use your 7th and 8th best players

* If three of your top 6 players have their bye in the same week, you are likely to use your 7th, 8th and 9th best players

* Yes, it is true that the 8th or 9th best player always has a chance to outperform the 7th best player. However, in all likelihood, your best bye-week lineup (i.e. the one that will score you the most POINTS) consists of using 5 of your Top 6 players, plus your 7th player

Hope I'm not revealing too much strategy here... KoQ...I agree with your analysis, but I don't believe you completed it. What your missing is including what is the upside/downside of drafting a "bad-fit" bye week player vs. a "good-fit" bye week player.

- for instance you can draft player A, but he has the same bye week as a starter you have already drafted. (bad-fit) This would necessitate using, in your example, both player 7 and player 8 in that bye week. And assuming player 7 averages 12 points a week and player 8 averages 10 points a week; you would theoretically lose 2 points to your overall points total by drafting player A.

-conversely you could draft player B, who has a different bye week to the starter you have already drafted. Again in your example this would allow you to use player 7 in both bye weeks and not have to use player 8. Again, theoretically giving you 2 more overall points.

-the missing part is comparing the expected overall results of player A to player B. If both are projected to score an equal number of points over the entire season; the optimal would be to draft player B and get the additional 2 points. BUT, if you project player A to score 250 points for the season and player B to score 240 points; you logically should draft player A because he will give you an additional 10 overall points in comparison to player B (250-240) . This would be a net gain of 8 points after deducting the negative 2 points you incurred by having to use player 8 in the bye week.

I also hope I'm not revealing your "real" intent Q .

King of Queens

July 16th BBDS league

Post by King of Queens » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:37 am

shhhhh! :D