Sandman62

Show Your NFFC Teams And Get Ready For Feedback

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:45 pm

Bummer. He looks great.

particra

Post by particra » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:48 am

Originally posted by Hells Satans:
Another 12 team OC tonight. Strange draft. QBs flew off the board...even faster than usual. I got caught flatfooted when people with elite QBs started taking 2nd QBs in Rounds 8 and 9 (??).

Out of the 6 spot. IMO, the only question about this team is the QBs I like Bradford alot, but I wish he wasn't my NO. 1. I tried to make up for quality with quantity and try to play matchup. Otherwise, I think this is team is deep and strong. Really deep and strong at WR.

QBs:

Bradford
Kolb
Fitzpatrick

RB:

J. Charles
F. Jones
R. Grant
D, Carter
S. Ridley
M. Barber

WR:

V. Jackson
Welker
Steve Johnson
A. Boldin
AJ Green
R. Meachem

TE:
Gronkowski
Greshem
Fred Davis You know, Sandman, this team is the perfect example of the imperfect knowledge we have. It turns out that (after 3 weeks) my problem isn't going to be TE or QB (Fitzpatrick, who knew) but Jamaal Charles' knee.

Team is still doing well, but oh what could have been. You're not winning the OC with Ryan Grant and Felix Jones at RB no matter how good the rest of your team is. With Charles, this team could have done some damage. Sigh.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:57 am

Who knew Fitzpatrick would be so good? Obviously, not even YOU or else you wouldn't have drafted him so late (presumably as your QB3). I'd call that a pretty lucky pick (and we have Fitz in one OC too, behind Flacco = just as lucky ;) ).

This team's success could now depend on the health of your ailing WRs though (VJax and Stevie). Meachem will go back to below mediocrity once Colston's fully healthy. Green will be erratic due to rookie QB reliance. Boldin is up and down too. Welker is obviously great.

And as great as Gronk's been, he was also heavily aided last week and for the next few by Hernandez's injury - which couldn't be counted on and of course makes him better now than he was on draft day.

renman

Post by renman » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:09 am

Sandman,

I think Hells Satans is aware that Fitzpatrick is a fortunate pickup since he said "who knew" in his post. Maybe you misunderstood him.

What is interesting is reading how people felt about drafted teams and individual players and in a matter of just a few weeks so much has changed...

Crazy.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:59 pm

You're right Renman. It is interesting reviewing some predictions. Like the discussion about Hells Satans vs one of our Onlines on page 17. No one's right all the time though and there's a long way to go. But so far, his Ryan/Ben combo IS behind Flacco. And his TEs - Heath Miller and Celek ARE behind Davis. And I guess the ultimate yardstick is that we're 100+ points ahead of him in our league.

[ September 30, 2011, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:29 pm

Originally posted by Sandman62:
You're right Renman. It is interesting reviewing some predictions. Like the discussion about Hells Satans vs one of our Onlines on page 17. No one's right all the time though and there's a long way to go. But so far, his Ryan/Ben combo IS behind Flacco. And his TEs - Heath Miller and Celek ARE behind Davis. And I guess the ultimate yardstick is that we're 100+ points ahead of him in our league. good points Snakeman62 :D

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:20 am

Ouch! :eek:

But hey, turnaround is fair play, no? Hells couldn't wait to say "I told you so" on Gronk, so I'm just returning the favor.

Originally posted by Hells Satans:GRONK

yeah, i was waiting to do that

:D