LT...finished?

Old School

LT...finished?

Post by Old School » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:13 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
quote:Originally posted by Renman:
If Adrian Peterson was out with an ankle injury now his value would drop too. Seems to make sense to let the guys play 5 games without being injured before we can judge if he is finished. Again, this injury was the kind of injury that could happen to any player at any time regardless of age. you are assuming we (the public) are getting the full scoop with LT's injury. LT as we knew him was done last year. [/QUOTE]Absolutely correct. It was clear to anyone last year LT was on the decline (injuries or not). I could not believe anyone drafted him in the first couple rounds this year. He may not be "done" but some owners teams may be if they took him in the first round and did not cuff him with Sproles...

KOTRAX

LT...finished?

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:51 am

ITS FUNNY HOW PEOPLE WANT TO MAKE LIKE THEY ARE EXPERTS ONCE SOMETHING HAPPENS. LIKE LT'S INJURY.

NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE OPENED THEIR MOUTH ABOUT WARNER'S PERFORMANCE LAST YEAR.

EVERYONE HERE (AT LEAST MOST) WOULD HAVE PROJECTED WARNER IS EITHER DONE OR HE IS GOING TO GET HURT AND NEED TO HANDCUFF LEINART.

GUESS WHAT IT DIDN'T HAPPEN BUT HAD IT DID PEOPLE WOULD HAVE BEEN ALL OVER SAYING WARNER IS TOO OLD OR WAS EITHER DONE/INJURY PRONE.

I FIND IT SO FUNNY.

BillyWaz

LT...finished?

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:17 am

quote:Originally posted by Phat Bustards:
Just how finished is he? I mean, if he were dropped in your league, how much would you bid on him next week? *two weeks ago he was a first rounder
*if a draft were held this week, he'd be a 3rd rounder
*i'm guessing two weeks from today, he will be a 5th rounder
[/QUOTE]I took him at 4.3 in the 3 city grudge match week. It's an ANKLE (not a high ankle sprain) not damage to the knee.

To say he was done last year is ridiculous.

- He was the 7TH best RB in NFFC scoring (251.6 pts). If he was "done" last year, I would think he would of finished in the 20's or 30's.

- This was the first offseason where he had ZERO injury concerns coming in (something that lingered).

- The "over 30 stuff" is bunk. See Thomas Jones.

- Will he produce like a first rounder at this point??.....(probably not). However, don't be surprised when teams figure out Sproles can't run inside how quickly 21 will be back on the field.
I still think he gets double digit TD's this year.

Bottom line is hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20.

[ September 23, 2009, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

chriseibl

LT...finished?

Post by chriseibl » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:21 am

i dont know about that kotrax, there a lot of people who viewed lt as a first round pick but i fully believe that a lot of people were really, really down on him noticing that even though he put up numbers last year, he didn't really look anything close to the old lt while doing it (before and after the injury).

that i dont think the comparison to warner is relevant because the quarterback position is much more mental than the running back position. it's a lot easier to tell when a runner is lacking power or elusiveness than when a qb has lost what made him good.

KOTRAX

LT...finished?

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:40 am

HOWEVER MY POINT IS THAT PEOPLE TRY TO SAY THEY KNOW SOMETHING WHEN IN REALITY THEY DON'T.

THEY WANT TO MAKE LIKE THEY ARE GENIUSES AFTER THE FACT.

NOW IF LT HAD 350 YARDS AND LETS SAY 4TD'S PEOPLE WOULD BE SAYING I KNEW HE WOULD BOUNCE BACK BECAUSE HE HAD SOMETHING TO PROVE AND NEVER FELT BETTER.

NOW SINCE HE IS HURT EVERYONE IS RUNNING WITH THE FACT THAT HE IS DONE.

JUST LIKE WHEN PREIST HOLMES GOT INJURED THE LAST TWO GAMES OF THE SEASON IN 2003 PEOPLE WERE SAYING HE WON'T BE THE SAME.

THEN WHAT DOES HE DO. HE SETS THE RECORD WITH 27 TD'S AND THEN PEOPLE SAY I KNEW HE WAS GOING TO BE BACK.

I JUST THINK IT IS HALARIOUS HOW PEOPLE "KNOW" EVERYTHING AFTER THE FACT.

[ September 23, 2009, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: KOTRAX ]

KOTRAX

LT...finished?

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:43 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
quote:Originally posted by Phat Bustards:
Just how finished is he? I mean, if he were dropped in your league, how much would you bid on him next week? *two weeks ago he was a first rounder
*if a draft were held this week, he'd be a 3rd rounder
*i'm guessing two weeks from today, he will be a 5th rounder
[/QUOTE]I took him at 4.3 in the 3 city grudge match week. It's an ANKLE (not a high ankle sprain) not damage to the knee.

To say he was done last year is ridiculous.

- He was the 7TH best RB in NFFC scoring (251.6 pts). If he was "done" last year, I would think he would of finished in the 20's or 30's.

- This was the first offseason where he had ZERO injury concerns coming in (something that lingered).

- The "over 30 stuff" is bunk. See Thomas Jones.

- Will he produce like a first rounder at this point??.....(probably not). However, don't be surprised when teams figure out Sproles can't run inside how quickly 21 will be back on the field.

Bottom line is hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20.
[/QUOTE]WELL PUT BILLY, BUT YOU PUT IN MORE POLITICALLY CORRECT TERMS. :D :D

renman

LT...finished?

Post by renman » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:03 pm

Billy,

I agree. I am not sure how anyone can say LT was not worth a first or even second round pick. To me, picking him is/was playing to win. There was no RB (in my opinion) with more explosive upside for fantasy purposes than LT. Does he come with risk? Sure, so does a much younger A. Peterson.

The guy was dinged up much of last year and still finished high in RB points. I respect everyones opinion... but wonder if LT performs and performed well starting after his bye week if anyone will come here and say maybe they were wrong...

Gordon Gekko II

LT...finished?

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:41 pm

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
ITS FUNNY HOW PEOPLE WANT TO MAKE LIKE THEY ARE EXPERTS ONCE SOMETHING HAPPENS. LIKE LT'S INJURY.

NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE OPENED THEIR MOUTH ABOUT WARNER'S PERFORMANCE LAST YEAR.

EVERYONE HERE (AT LEAST MOST) WOULD HAVE PROJECTED WARNER IS EITHER DONE OR HE IS GOING TO GET HURT AND NEED TO HANDCUFF LEINART.

GUESS WHAT IT DIDN'T HAPPEN BUT HAD IT DID PEOPLE WOULD HAVE BEEN ALL OVER SAYING WARNER IS TOO OLD OR WAS EITHER DONE/INJURY PRONE.

I FIND IT SO FUNNY. before i drafted last year i told my friends that warner was the real deal and steal of the draft. those friends are billywaz and KoQ. they agreed with my position on warner and all three of us loaded up on warner last year.

why would i put that information on the MB before draft day???

this year before the draft, i told billy i didn't want anything to do with LT. having owned LT last year, i watched him closer than most and knew he is a broken down POS.

nothing funny about it. i wish i had more time to invest in football prep work this year. it would have definately helped some of my poor drafts.

Gordon Gekko II

LT...finished?

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:42 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
that is a bet i will take action on :D

BillyWaz

LT...finished?

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:46 pm

quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
that is a bet i will take action on :D
[/QUOTE]Good, we will go "double or nothing" on the Milledge steals!