I'll Chat Today At 2 PM ET

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:06 am

Originally posted by Max Factor:
Tom,

What,s up with Crayton.... I know he is the #3 option but he doesn't even smell the ball? Weird game for the Cowboys against Green Bay. I doubt there will be too many games where TO only catches 2 passes. Crayton will be fine as long as you know he'll have some stinkers. He's the No. 3 option there and it's tough to be consistent in that role on any offense.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:07 am

Originally posted by Max Factor:
I know Martz doesn't use hie te much, but Vernon Davis balnked 2 weeks in a row. Will that change? I don't think he's a good football player. And I wouldn't be surprised if Martz is coming to the same conclusion. Being a physical freak doesn't automatically guarantee success in the NFL.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:11 am

Tom,

The last two years have been unreal with injuries. Being a good waiver wire guy is key, how do you decide what to bid on someone? Or who to bid on? M.Moore, I think will go for some bucks, as well as Buckhalter. Last week Bush went for 444 in my League. Will Bush be worth the pickup?

Thanks,

John

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:11 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Max Factor:
I know Martz doesn't use hie te much, but Vernon Davis balnked 2 weeks in a row. Will that change? I don't think he's a good football player. And I wouldn't be surprised if Martz is coming to the same conclusion. Being a physical freak doesn't automatically guarantee success in the NFL. [/QUOTE]Respectfully disagree here Tom - he is not as good a receiving TE as FF players would like, but on that team he is filling a BIG need with his blocking on the offensive line.

He is not as good as he has been hyped to be, that I will agree with you on, but FF players have short memories and big dreams - there has Never been a TE that prospered in a Martz system...doesn't look like that is changing this year.

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:12 am

I don't know why people continue to count on Davis when he has consistently let owners down time after time.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:13 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
Tom,

The last two years have been unreal with injuries. Being a good waiver wire guy is key, how do you decide what to bid on someone? Or who to bid on? M.Moore, I think will go for some bucks, as well as Buckhalter. Last week Bush went for 444 in my League. Will Bush be worth the pickup?

Thanks,

John It's really about each owner and the league you're in. There are no magical formulas or amounts that should be spent. It's one of the most difficult but ultimately rewarding aspects of this game - knowing who to pick up and when and (in our events) for how much. I think there will be a time when the Bush owners are happy to have him.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:14 am

TK, do you see SJax getting back on track anytime soon??
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:14 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Max Factor:
I know Martz doesn't use hie te much, but Vernon Davis balnked 2 weeks in a row. Will that change? I don't think he's a good football player. And I wouldn't be surprised if Martz is coming to the same conclusion. Being a physical freak doesn't automatically guarantee success in the NFL. [/QUOTE]Respectfully disagree here Tom - he is not as good a receiving TE as FF players would like, but on that team he is filling a BIG need with his blocking on the offensive line.

He is not as good as he has been hyped to be, that I will agree with you on, but FF players have short memories and big dreams - there has Never been a TE that prospered in a Martz system...doesn't look like that is changing this year.
[/QUOTE]I agree with the last part and that's one of the big reasons why I didn't chase after Davis in any of my leagues. Martz doesn't rely on his TE. Never has. But I also haven't forgotten the comments from people in the 49ers' organization who have talked about how dumb Davis is - to put it bluntly.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:15 am

Originally posted by Go Getta:
TK, do you see SJax getting back on track anytime soon?? I'll say what I've been saying for weeks - he's this year's version of Larry Johnson. He does have some great matchups in the second half of the season, though. If you can hang in there with him he could help you out down the stretch.

But it might not be very pretty getting there.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Max Factor

Post by Max Factor » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:18 am

Is Nelson taking over as #3rec in GB over Jones?
Jeff Potok