NO DO OVER DRAFT PICKS NEXT YEAR

Greg Ambrosius

Re: NO DO OVER DRAFT PICKS NEXT YEAR

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:28 am

This conversation is no different than one we've had in the past involving mistake cuts. In the past, we've had owners mistakenly cut the wrong Steve Smith (don't have both of them on your team, please, I ask you!!) or even the wrong Adrian Peterson. We always corrected the cut if the mistake was found because 1) we knew what the owner actually meant; and 2) it hurts the integrity of that league if you allow a top star to be cut just because the owner highlighted the wrong line.

Now, other contests didn't do that in the past. Everyone knows that WCOFF never changed those picks. We did from the very start and will continue to do so. Heck, some of you owners have so many teams that a simple mistake can happen. It doesn't affect the FAAB bidding, nobody ever gets their FAAB bids changed, but cutting the wrong player is an easy fix and doesn't hurt the competition. In fact, it keeps its integrity in place.

Maybe every contest doesn't do that, but maybe they should. Human errors can happen and sometimes they can be corrected for the good of the team and the good of the contest. At least that's how we do things here.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:45 am

I've never had a problem with the roll backs, until my draft last night. The same guy on the turn used at least 74 of his 75 seconds on EVERY...SINGLE...PICK back-to-back, and 3 times he said, "I didn't pick that guy" and had the draft rolled back. Well, no shit you didn't pick the guy, you timed out...AGAIN, so the system picked for you.

Rog

Post by Rog » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:07 am

Hey Ron are you referring to me there, as it happened once not three times with me anyways. like i stated I picked my wr with 17 secs and then my system froze up and auto selected the next guy.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:13 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Diesel wrote:I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here and ask, what is to stop someone online from noticing a GREAT pick, 2-3 spots after his/her pick, and ask for a roll back due to a "mistake", and take that great pick for themselves?

I think WE, the drafters have to help enforce the integrity of the drafts sometimes too. If you've made a mistake, IMMEDIATELY ask for a PAUSE, and call the moderator. Asking for a roll back 2,3,4 picks later shouldn't be an option. If I'm drafting to win $100,000, if my computer stutters, I am calling Greg or Tom IMMEDIATELY. If my computer just froze, my cell or home phone didn't. All drafters should have a phone right next to them during the entire draft, and this will become less of an issue.

My .02
Marc, nobody can take someone who has been picked after them. Again, we have the technology in place to just replace the pick and no longer do rollbacks. We're working to perfect that and will implement it.

My mistake Greg...I thought I read somewhere in this thread that someone 3-4 picks ahead of a guy who asked for a rollback had their pick taken from them. They must have meant the guy who they WANTED was taken. Sorry.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:27 am

NFFC handle this perfectly and this is a complete non story in my opinion.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:50 am

Diesel wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Diesel wrote:I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here and ask, what is to stop someone online from noticing a GREAT pick, 2-3 spots after his/her pick, and ask for a roll back due to a "mistake", and take that great pick for themselves?

I think WE, the drafters have to help enforce the integrity of the drafts sometimes too. If you've made a mistake, IMMEDIATELY ask for a PAUSE, and call the moderator. Asking for a roll back 2,3,4 picks later shouldn't be an option. If I'm drafting to win $100,000, if my computer stutters, I am calling Greg or Tom IMMEDIATELY. If my computer just froze, my cell or home phone didn't. All drafters should have a phone right next to them during the entire draft, and this will become less of an issue.

My .02
Marc, nobody can take someone who has been picked after them. Again, we have the technology in place to just replace the pick and no longer do rollbacks. We're working to perfect that and will implement it.

My mistake Greg...I thought I read somewhere in this thread that someone 3-4 picks ahead of a guy who asked for a rollback had their pick taken from them. They must have meant the guy who they WANTED was taken. Sorry.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:59 pm

mattjb wrote:NFFC handle this perfectly and this is a complete non story in my opinion.
+1 ^^^^^
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

CraigW

Post by CraigW » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:27 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
CraigW wrote:Is there an actual written rule or is it an unwritten rule that you don't necessarily know about until it happens in a draft? I looked at the rules page(skimmed them) and couldn't find anything written about this. Not trying to stir the pot as we all know shit happens, just curious if is written or assumed.
Craig, great to see you on our boards. Jump into one of our drafts and you'll see us in action!! :D

It's very clearly written in the rules:

16. Random League/Draft Spot Selections
There will be a 75-second time limit for each owner to make his/her pick during each round of the NFFC Online Championship draft. If a participant does not make a selection in the allotted time, the computer will select for that owner using STATS LLC’s overall ranking system. If there is a computer failure, an error made with a selection by an owner or any other type of technical malfunction, the draft moderator can stop the draft at any time and correct the error and then resume the draft. We will allow the draft moderator to roll back the draft if a technical error occurred, but if the desired player had already been selected before the draft was stopped that player is no longer available to be drafted. All decisions will be made by the NFFC moderator during the draft and will be final.
Thanks Greg I figured I missed it skimming thru at too early of an hour this morning.

Maybe next year on joining a draft but this year has been spoken for. Enjoy Vegas!
The Artist Formerly Known as Hard Heads

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:11 pm

Yeah, enjoy your time here in Vegas too Craig and thanks for dropping by our boards.

We implemented the new "change player" software a few times in the NFFC Classic Online and it worked to perfection. Listen, s--t happens sometimes even with the best players as computers lock up or Internet connections have glitches and then it's up to us to smoothly replace the player and give the owner the player he wanted before the technical glitch happens. We did it 3 times in that draft very smoothly. The software tool works very well, it really does.

No more rollbacks if we can help it. The "change player" feature is a wonderful new addition for us.

gorgo

Post by gorgo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:38 pm

Since there is no way to confirm whether the problem with a draft pick is the operator or the computer I feel we should consider this not the other drafters problem it is an " act of god " not our concern. With money involved there should be no mercy. Doyle Brunson can not say I discarded the wrong card -- do over. In the end this is gambling no second chances for any reason.