Week 2 FAAB!

Sandman62

Re: Week 2 FAAB!

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:21 am

particra wrote:
Toscano wrote:If you picked up Barden and started him in week three and had to start him may have some bigger isuues.
Not really. I'm sure many people who picked him up and started him were people with Nicks. That would include the teams that are currently 2nd and 5th in the Classic.
Yeah, but look at their benches (IOW, their lack of drafted WR depth) and you'll see why they were in a situation where they kind of HAD to start Barden.

Team #2: Binns, Manningham. Even if he bumped LMoore up from flex to WR3, his flex options would've been Hillman, Lewis, HMiller, Moreno, Redman, Ringer.

Team #5: Collie, Edelman, Jeffery, ARobinson.

I'd guess that anyone with a better option on their bench wouldn't have started Barden last night, given that many people figured CAR was going to win and that the Giants would struggle. So IMO, this is a case of their draft decisions put them in a more "desperate" position last night, hence them starting the very unproven Barden. :roll:

particra

Post by particra » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:29 am

It's true. There are no perfect teams in 15 team leagues.

Erok

Post by Erok » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:02 am

Trust me I've lost my share of RB's over the years and had Bradshaw on several teams this season. I won a couple bids for Brown in the $400 range and grinded my teeth bidding that much for him. No way could I bid 75-100% of my bankroll on him like some have.

It worked out last night and you guys make good points.

One thing is obvious clear to me now.....Tom Coughlin has totally ruined any chance of David Wilson making an impact in 2012. Wilson now looks scared to fumble running with the ball as if he is a 300 lb fullback. That isnt his game and he cant flash his talent doing that. He looked silly the last few carries hes had and has gotten blown up practically every time.
I never understoood coaches logic on benching RB's for fumbling, when their QB's throw picks all the time. Kind of hypocritical.
I am just amazed at what has transpired in a few short weeks. Wilson clearly looked like he was gonna have a big role this year in game one as he entered in the first Giants drive I believe. He fumbles and now his season is over. Wilso nis more talented than Doug Martin IMO and could have the same succes if given a chance, but now we wont know in 2012.

Even when/if Bradshaw comes back now, it looks like it will be him and Brown as a two headed monster much like him and Jacobs the last few years. It can work and work well for both. I guess we will see.

Tough to blow your whole bankroll this early in the year though.

SS

Post by SS » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:43 pm

Shrink, I did start Barden in my OC League and a bunch of smaller leagues that I'm in. I wanted Brown but didn't bid high enough.

As for my WRs being weak, well look at the overrated Meachem. He is on my team and is doing nothing for my team so I had to look somewhere else. Sometimes you have to make educated choices and do some research, ala Hakeem Nicks being out and the smokescreen that the NYG were trying to play off Randle as the guy before the game...
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place