Missed the Boat?

Sandman62

Re: Missed the Boat?

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:37 pm

Green's PPG through 7 games: 12, 18.8, 34.4, 23.7, 21.5, 32.5, 7.8 = 150
The strength of receiving defenses faced: @BAL (24), CLE (25), @WAS (32), @JAC (18), MIA (29), @CLE (25), PIT (1)

I see a pretty strong correlation here.

Remaining games: DEN (10), NYG (28), @KC (11), OAK (19), @SD (20), DAL (3), @PHI (12), @PIT (1)

I had Green projected preseason for 10th among WRs at 75/1163/8 = 239. Looking at remaining opponents and possible snow games in the playoffs,... I wouldn't be surprised if he's still only within 20 points above that at season's end. :o

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:31 am

For me it would have to be Greg Little and heyward-bey. I had those two on a lot on my online drafts. And if he keeps it up I might have to add Vernon davis to that list.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:07 am

Sandman62 wrote:Add us to the Hillis list. :cry: But at least he only cost a mid-round pick.

Steven Jackson though cost a 2nd-3rd round pick on half our teams. We thought he'd be a high-floor low-end RB1 and could average 13-15 PPG. Though many thought he was old, tired and about to break down, that's not at all what's happened. He appears to still be running quite hard when given the opportunity. Instead, the Rams just decided to begin taking a longer look at "Life after SJax" during this season. Let's hope he gets traded this week, so we can really see what the "old man" has left. ;)
Argh!!!!!! :evil:

So we have SJax on all four managed teams, as well as another five DCs. We've endured starting his sorry ass every week so far this season, while he's averaged a lame 8.7 PPG. After last week, when Fisher started talking up more reps for Pead, plus facing SF's 5th ranked run D this week, plus DRich had already been splitting with him... we figured the time had finally come to start someone else - so we sat SJax in all four leagues! :(

Of course, he goes out and crushes his previous top score this season (13) with a very nice 20.7 point game against SF, which had only allowed 2 rushing TDs all season.

Damn! Kicked in the nuts by the FF gods again! We sure do lack skills! :roll:

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:35 pm

Sandman62 wrote:
Sandman62 wrote:Add us to the Hillis list. :cry: But at least he only cost a mid-round pick.

Steven Jackson though cost a 2nd-3rd round pick on half our teams. We thought he'd be a high-floor low-end RB1 and could average 13-15 PPG. Though many thought he was old, tired and about to break down, that's not at all what's happened. He appears to still be running quite hard when given the opportunity. Instead, the Rams just decided to begin taking a longer look at "Life after SJax" during this season. Let's hope he gets traded this week, so we can really see what the "old man" has left. ;)

Damn! Kicked in the nuts by the FF gods again! We sure do lack skills! :roll:
I'd say it is debatable whether drafting him in the first place was a skill. ;)

Never the less, who did you bench him for??

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:16 pm

Agreed Billy. But given that SJax's ADP was mid-late 3rd round, we were only looking for him to give us another year of his usual 13-15 PPG range. We understood that he lacked upside, but we thought he still had a pretty high floor, given that he seemed to be one of the last of the dying breed of every-down RBs. We didn't think he was as out of gas or near the wheels falling off as most did - and it turns out, from watching him run this year, we were right. NO ONE predicted that he would be trade bait this year and end up in a halftime split, likely to put him out there "just enough" to garner interest, yet not enough to get him hurt. So though the end result may look the same on paper, anyone who's watched him run this year has probably been scratching their heads too, wondering why the Rams weren't making better use of him.

At any rate, we sat him for:

Classic: Stewart - Yeah, I'd say CAR has no clue what they're doing with their team, let alone their backfield, let alone whatever nonsense their soon-to-be-looking-for-a-job head coach spews. Stewart had just 7.4 points. :roll: At least I got to watch Spiller and Woodhead duel it out at live at Foxboro yesterday, knowing I had both of them also in this lineup. :)

Primetime: Ugh, hate to admit this one, but considering we're well out of the hunt anyway, it doesn't really matter... we sat SJax to start both CAR RBs. We figured, if they could combine for 15-20 points, in any unpredictable fashion, like they had the past two games,... we'd take it. Or not. :oops: They combined for 10.7.

Online: Daniel Thomas, facing TEN's 30th ranked run D. Miami was favored by 6 at home and Thomas had been playing more snaps than Bush the past couple games. Thomas did score 10.5, which was more points than SJax had scored in five of his first eight games.

Satellite: LeShoure @MIN. LeShoure had averaged over 15 PPG the last six games. MIN had allowed 165 yards rushing per game in their last four, ranging from 126-195. Thanks for the 5.8, his worst game of the season. :roll:

Sack

Post by Sack » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:31 pm

1- Peyton Hillis in the Super. Can't even blame my partner Jim "the Governor" Christie. Jim let me make this call and I dropped the ball. Passed on Bowe, but the need was RB. McGahee ( who I just didn't like ), Gore, and MJD were on the board

2- Adrian Pederson in the Auction..........$20 tops - what an absolute steal

3- Matt Ryan was my single favorite player heading into this season. I had three Auctions in Las Vegas and managed to have Cam Newton come up first at what I perceived a bargain price in the first two Auction. Needless to say, huge mistake. I spent small amounts on Dalton and Andrew Luck to back up Newton and it was hard to start either of those guys in place of the big tag purchase. At this point, that isn't going to be a problem. In my final Auction, I told myself Matt Ryan, no matter what the cost. I price enforced Drew Brees at $35 and the bidding stopped. While Brees has been very good, Ryan went for much cheaper. Lessons learned - but it has been a blast.

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:29 pm

Sack wrote:1- Peyton Hillis in the Super. Can't even blame my partner Jim "the Governor" Christie. Jim let me make this call and I dropped the ball. Passed on Bowe, but the need was RB. McGahee ( who I just didn't like ), Gore, and MJD were on the board

2- Adrian Pederson in the Auction..........$20 tops - what an absolute steal

3- Matt Ryan was my single favorite player heading into this season. I had three Auctions in Las Vegas and managed to have Cam Newton come up first at what I perceived a bargain price in the first two Auction. Needless to say, huge mistake. I spent small amounts on Dalton and Andrew Luck to back up Newton and it was hard to start either of those guys in place of the big tag purchase. At this point, that isn't going to be a problem. In my final Auction, I told myself Matt Ryan, no matter what the cost. I price enforced Drew Brees at $35 and the bidding stopped. While Brees has been very good, Ryan went for much cheaper. Lessons learned - but it has been a blast.
I had zero interest in Peterson at the Super Auction. He was pretty much on my do not draft list. I certainly thought it was in the realm of reasonable possibility that he's a top 10 back but had zero interest in taking the risk over players I perceived to be safer.

Then when I just realized he had gone off the board for $16 I was immediately filled with regret. If I, someone who had no interest in him, regretted immediately letting him go at that price, then I know others were regretting that one too. That one could really come back to bite me in the end.

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:01 pm

I loved AJ Green but have him on NONE of my 20 teams. I did not see ADP looking so good so soon, so.... 0 for 20 again.

What studs do I have? Lots of Greg Jennings, Pierre Garcon, Murray...

Pete