Manning 7 TDs

shark

Re: Manning 7 TDs

Post by shark » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:43 pm

Sure, 55 TDS & 5500 YDS sound great. You are absolutely right about Manning being a 1st rd pick.
However, what you have to take into account is all those teams that drafted before the Thursday night game & obtained Manning at a value. That is what you are competing with if you take Manning in the 1st RD.
For instance, lets take a couple of owners 1st 8 selections:

Martin, Ridley, Cobb, Manning, Wallace, Hilton, M. Ball & L. Moore?
Or this one, Foster, D. Thomas, Manning, Colston, L. Bell, Gonzalez, Hilton & L. Moore?
There are many more scenarios just like this or even better you are up against.
It can be done, but just beware of what you are up against if you choose to do so! :?

Jim Christie

Post by Jim Christie » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:55 am

shark wrote:Sure, 55 TDS & 5500 YDS sound great. You are absolutely right about Manning being a 1st rd pick.
However, what you have to take into account is all those teams that drafted before the Thursday night game & obtained Manning at a value. That is what you are competing with if you take Manning in the 1st RD.
For instance, lets take a couple of owners 1st 8 selections:

Martin, Ridley, Cobb, Manning, Wallace, Hilton, M. Ball & L. Moore?
Or this one, Foster, D. Thomas, Manning, Colston, L. Bell, Gonzalez, Hilton & L. Moore?
There are many more scenarios just like this or even better you are up against.
It can be done, but just beware of what you are up against if you choose to do so! :?
When all was said and done, I took Peterson at #1; but the debate was great. My QB, Stafford at 7.12;

Jim Christie

Post by Jim Christie » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:58 am

One more thin, the owner who got Peyton got him at pick 16 (a bargain?) he also got Dez at 9 and followed that with Andre Johnson, Pierre Garcon and Jordy Nelson. Too bad he completely destroyed his chances with his RB's of L. Bell, Ivory, Michael, P. Thomas and K. Hunter

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:42 am

I took him yesterday 1st overall in a cutline .Still got A Morris / S Ridley /Wayne /Colston so it can be done .Would you rather have A Petterson & a lesser QB . Or P Man + 64.9 pts and A Morris . Almost got LYNCH he went one pick before me .

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:54 am

got heeem wrote:I took him yesterday 1st overall in a cutline .Still got A Morris / S Ridley /Wayne /Colston so it can be done .Would you rather have A Petterson & a lesser QB . Or P Man + 64.9 pts and A Morris . Almost got LYNCH he went one pick before me .
I was only commenting on 12 and 14 team leagues. Every team should be stacked in a 10 team league or you really blew the draft. I think in the 12/14 team formats you may be able to go Manning/Ridley/Wayne or Colston to start but I think I would much rather start something like McCoy/Morris/Cobb and fill in best available until getting a QB in the 6th or 7th.. Just my opinion...
Go Big Red!

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:17 am

If P Man would have put up like 35 pts we wouldn't even be taking about it . But 64.9 is hard to pass up in any format .

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:22 am

In a 3rr league i don't think you could pass up a RB if your picking early . But at the end of the first knowing your getting that quick turn around in the 3rd I still would take him .

SharkChum

Post by SharkChum » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:48 am

Of course Peyton will go 1st OA in Cutline after Thurs. 9 game sprint? There's value in starting 1-0.