Who Made It To The Finals In Cutline Championship?

Jim Christie

Re: Who Made It To The Finals In Cutline Championship?

Post by Jim Christie » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:14 pm

The 12th place team is 34 points behind the first place team; the team in 5th will NEVER be 100 points behind in this format; you are the first person I've heard suggesting tanking a championship round team for a better chance at wining more money in a consolation (which I have never heard the term, consolation, used in Cutline), could you point to me in the rules where that term is used?

I have no problem discussing an issue, and in my opinion, the discussion is sour grapes. What part of $112,000 for 12 teams and $22,000 for 20 teams is confusing to you in regards to where the huge majority of money is going??

Debate away, why not no Wildcard, just 12 teams make the final, one bad week, goodbye? Then no need to discuss how unfair the wildcard payout is.

Jim Christie

Post by Jim Christie » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:21 pm

Oh, by the way, the team in 20th place in the Wildcard is only 45 points behind the Championship round leader.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:01 pm

Jim Christie wrote:Oh, by the way, the team in 20th place in the Wildcard is only 45 points behind the Championship round leader.
Good point, Jim. Which is why I don't see the Wildcard as a loser's bracket. Making it to the finale for either is tough, and the luck quotient between ending up in one bracket over the other is substantial. There are brutal losses in this game, and even though I have two teams in the champ round and none in the wildcard, I am very comfortable with the Wildcard getting their fair share of the pie - and the top wildcards getting a bigger payday should I finish in the lower half of week 16 - because the margin between ending up in one bracket versus the other is razor thin.

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:14 am

I'm not talking about this year, I don't know why you keep bringing up the point differentials from this season, Jim. No one can argue what the payouts are this year, we all signed up and agreed to play based on the rules and everyone is 100% fine with that. In future seasons it is very possible that 4-5 teams go off and have monsterous leads over the rest of the pack. And when they do, it'd make no sense financially to stay in the top bracket.

This 'sour grapes' thing is hysterical. I'm not even in the final payout, so I don't care who wins what this season (and congrats to those that do). I'm focused on the Primetime but am offering my thoughts to this game as well as it has been fun. Oh well, if you don't support Jim's race in the wildcard bracket you must be sour. :lol: