Where Are The Top Rookies Going?

TR

Re: Where Are The Top Rookies Going?

Post by TR » Sun May 11, 2014 4:39 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:
TR wrote:
David U Kennedy wrote:Bill's trade up for Sammy Watkins! Buffalo's brain trust is all in on Manuel and want him to succeed. Watkins looks like the best player in draft.

Manziel to the Browns. It makes sense and I am using my gut here. Manziel is of course the hardest player to figure out where he goes.

Falcons take the best OT on the board. My guess Mathews. This is the easiest prediction. Not a skill player but he will help many skill guys out!!

Houston trades away Clowney rights and makes this one of the most interesting and deep drafts of recent memory!! I say they draft Bortles and Mack. Rams would be the Team here to make it happen.

Detroit makes some noise here too. Or maybe they just draft Ebron at ten.

Raiders screw up in draft as always. That's just what they do. Maybe they draft Evans and he is just another JJ Stokes.

I see Carlos Hyde going to Denver. They put mucho-deneiro into their Defense. A Lacy-like RB might be the ticket to a SB victory.

And finally why is Bellichick considered a genius? He drafted Brady in the 6th round. Where are they without that lucky pick and the Tuck Rule? Sorry lifelong Bill's Fan with a bone to pick.

These are just stabs in the dark I know but hey you never know.

GO BILL'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good calls but Bills gave up way 2 much for watkins...
I don't think they gave up that much really. They traded next years 1st and a 4th. The trade with SF gets them a 4th rounder or possibly a 3rd round pick for Stevie Johnson. So basically they gave up next years first rounder which will probably be in the 20s if indeed they are a ten win team this year. Watkins talent is on par with Julio Jones and AJ Green. This is the type of move that could move the Bills into a playoff team if Manuel makes the next leap. The defense looks to be pretty good! Having 2 players on offense that can take it the distance at anytime will be exciting.
Next year's 1st and a 4th is way too much in a draft that was already deep in WRs and a Bills team that has so many other holes to fill. Far more likely next year's pick will be in the top 10 again than in the 20s...this is not the type of move that will make the Bills a playoff team. Watkins talent is NOT on par with Julio and AJ Green...he is not as tall or fast as those guys. Watkins is barely over 6 ft and does not have the blazing speed those guys do..he looks like a faster version of Anquan Boldin to me, which is not bad by any means...but definitely doesn't justify what the Bills gave up for him.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Sun May 11, 2014 8:27 pm

Sandman62 wrote:10 wins for the Bills? hahahaha :D

I'm being generous in even predicting an upside of 9 wins; can't assume they'll win ALL of the games they "should" win:
1 @CHI - L
2 vs.MIA - W
3 vs.SD - W
4 @HOU - W
5 @DET - L
6 vs.NE - L
7 vs.MIN - W
8 @NYJ - W
9 bye
10 vs.KC - L
11 @MIA - W
12 vs.NYJ - W
13 vs.CLE - W
14 @DEN - L
15 vs.GB - L
16 @OAK - W
17 @NE - L

The only way that 1st-rd pick for the Browns ends up in the 20s is if the Bills end up the best of the dozen or so teams finishing around .500. More likely the pick is in the 10-15 range. 8-)
I am taking a leap of faith here with Manuel. Whaley has done a great job so far showing some aggressiveness. He traded down last year in a weak draft class. This year he trades up in a strong elite type draft class. Seems logical to me. Manuel is the key. We will see. I TRUST IN WHALEY!! Watkins looks like a nice centerpiece.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Sun May 11, 2014 8:45 pm

I don't think they gave up that much really. They traded next years 1st and a 4th. The trade with SF gets them a 4th rounder or possibly a 3rd round pick for Stevie Johnson. So basically they gave up next years first rounder which will probably be in the 20s if indeed they are a ten win team this year. Watkins talent is on par with Julio Jones and AJ Green. This is the type of move that could move the Bills into a playoff team if Manuel makes the next leap. The defense looks to be pretty good! Having 2 players on offense that can take it the distance at anytime will be exciting.[/quote]

Next year's 1st and a 4th is way too much in a draft that was already deep in WRs and a Bills team that has so many other holes to fill. Far more likely next year's pick will be in the top 10 again than in the 20s...this is not the type of move that will make the Bills a playoff team. Watkins talent is NOT on par with Julio and AJ Green...he is not as tall or fast as those guys. Watkins is barely over 6 ft and does not have the blazing speed those guys do..he looks like a faster version of Anquan Boldin to me, which is not bad by any means...but definitely doesn't justify what the Bills gave up for him.[/quote]

Deep draft is good but do you want the top guy or not? Whaley made a gutsy move to help his QB succeed. The old regime never even attempted stuff like this. Trade away Stevie and obtain Bryce Brown for depth. Nice! Holes? O-line might be the only weakness here. Manuel will be the key who Whaley has placed his bet on. Watkins is a game breaker with 4.3 speed. A younger Boldin as a comparison is awesome. Boldin was a force from day one for the Cards. I will take them numbers which were much better than what Green and Julio did in their rookie years. I like the move. Why are the Falcons applauded for grabbn Julio? If the Pats make this move Bellichiick is made into a god. THE BILLS HAVE WEAPONS NOW!!!!

TR

Post by TR » Mon May 12, 2014 7:44 am

David U Kennedy wrote:I don't think they gave up that much really. They traded next years 1st and a 4th. The trade with SF gets them a 4th rounder or possibly a 3rd round pick for Stevie Johnson. So basically they gave up next years first rounder which will probably be in the 20s if indeed they are a ten win team this year. Watkins talent is on par with Julio Jones and AJ Green. This is the type of move that could move the Bills into a playoff team if Manuel makes the next leap. The defense looks to be pretty good! Having 2 players on offense that can take it the distance at anytime will be exciting.
Next year's 1st and a 4th is way too much in a draft that was already deep in WRs and a Bills team that has so many other holes to fill. Far more likely next year's pick will be in the top 10 again than in the 20s...this is not the type of move that will make the Bills a playoff team. Watkins talent is NOT on par with Julio and AJ Green...he is not as tall or fast as those guys. Watkins is barely over 6 ft and does not have the blazing speed those guys do..he looks like a faster version of Anquan Boldin to me, which is not bad by any means...but definitely doesn't justify what the Bills gave up for him.[/quote]

Deep draft is good but do you want the top guy or not? Whaley made a gutsy move to help his QB succeed. The old regime never even attempted stuff like this. Trade away Stevie and obtain Bryce Brown for depth. Nice! Holes? O-line might be the only weakness here. Manuel will be the key who Whaley has placed his bet on. Watkins is a game breaker with 4.3 speed. A younger Boldin as a comparison is awesome. Boldin was a force from day one for the Cards. I will take them numbers which were much better than what Green and Julio did in their rookie years. I like the move. Why are the Falcons applauded for grabbn Julio? If the Pats make this move Bellichiick is made into a god. THE BILLS HAVE WEAPONS NOW!!!![/quote]

Whaley made a huge gamble and and he could have still helped his QB succeed by keeping the pick and drafting 1 of the other WRs that fell to him...no guarantee that Watkins will be the best of the bunch either..a few of the others are faster...Mike Evans is bigger. Boldin was a force from day one but he wasn't taken in the 1st rd..his numbers weren't way better than what Green did his rookie year either...Green was injured against the Steelers so missed alot of that game and the next game after that...yet still had the same number of TDs and only 100 less yards which he would have got had he not been injured. The Falcons gave up a ton for Julio but that draft was nowhere near as this one for WRs..AJ Green and Julio Jones were clearly the top receiving talents in that draft, not to mention both taller and faster than Watkins. And for you to say o-line might be the only weakness for bills...then why was their defense ranked 21st and especially bad against the run?? Whaley made a gutsy and very bad decision imo..be different if that piece would put them in playoffs like Julio did with the falcons..but when they are picking top 10 again next year..giving that pick to browns..with nothing to show for it except for Watkins...it will be huge setback!

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Mon May 12, 2014 1:23 pm

Hey TR I think you are under estimating how good Watkins may be. Watkin's ran a 4.3 40. Not too many guys have that speed. Most experts compare Sammy's talent to Julio, AJ Green, and Peter King says he might be Randy Moss 2. Boldins rookie numbers were 101 catch, 1377 yards and 8 TDs. Greens numbers in his rookie season were 65 catch 1057 yards, and 7 TDs. Boldin's number look much better to me. 40 yard dash time for Green was 4.48 and Julio ran a 4.38 which is identical to what Sammy Watkins ran for the combine this year. You are right about Buffalos run defense being bad last year. They signed Brandon Spikes and will move Kiko to weak side LB. The run D should look much better. If Manuel can improve by a decent measure this is a playoff type roster.

TR

Post by TR » Mon May 12, 2014 6:10 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:Hey TR I think you are under estimating how good Watkins may be. Watkin's ran a 4.3 40. Not too many guys have that speed. Most experts compare Sammy's talent to Julio, AJ Green, and Peter King says he might be Randy Moss 2. Boldins rookie numbers were 101 catch, 1377 yards and 8 TDs. Greens numbers in his rookie season were 65 catch 1057 yards, and 7 TDs. Boldin's number look much better to me. 40 yard dash time for Green was 4.48 and Julio ran a 4.38 which is identical to what Sammy Watkins ran for the combine this year. You are right about Buffalos run defense being bad last year. They signed Brandon Spikes and will move Kiko to weak side LB. The run D should look much better. If Manuel can improve by a decent measure this is a playoff type roster.
LOL Peter King hyped Jared Cook all preseason as fantasy stud also..no way Watkins will be Randy Moss 2...entirely different skillsets. My bad regarding Boldin's rookie numbers as I was looking at his stats from last year..that said, although Boldin had a record setting rookie year (1 in which Watkins won't be duplicating)...nobody would say he's the better talent or WR than AJ Green based on overall body of work. So when I compare Watkins to Boldin...definitely not meaning he's gonna put up the same numbers his rookie year. You are asking ALOT for Bills to be considered a playoff type roster at this pt..I doubt u will find many experts ala Peter King who will have them going to playoffs either. If they are in top 10 again that GM should be fired.