Originally posted by FalconsGuy:
I am going to go with Tom here I think you're going to do well here. :D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Ry's Guys

Live Chat With Tom & Greg: Wednesday At 3 PM ET

Post by Ry's Guys » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:26 am

Tom & Greg, who scores more points if both Vick and Rodgers play a full healthy 16 games with no nagging injuries?

And...who would be your top draft choice out of Angela Jolie, Anne Margaret or Sophia Loren? The latter 2 in their primes of course :D :D :D
Pat Sorge

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:31 am

Rodgers. I think he's the best QB in fantasy. Hands down. I think people ignore Rodgers' contributions running the ball. When you take into account how far superior he is passing and then factor in his rushing production he's the No. 1 QB in my opinion.

As far as the second question I'd go with Jolie in her prime. Let's just say she looked ... fun. :D
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:45 am

Originally posted by FalconsGuy:
Hi guys I'm new here and I have been checking out your game from a distance for awhile now. I have a question about your "KDS". With the clear dearth of RB talent this year why would anyone choose to draft in the middle or especially late rounds? What's the advantage as I just don't see it even with the "3RR" aspect added? Welcome aboard FalconsGuy. I think you'll like the game format, the competition and the competitors here. It's a unique group of football die-hards, that's for sure.

The beauty about KDS -- especially this year -- is that everyone has a different opinion of where they'd prefer to draft from. I keep publishing the KDS preferences that people listed for filled leagues because I want everyone to see just how different everyone is viewing the draft this year. In tonight's Online Championship League, the average KDS preference received was 2.25, which is pretty tough to do. Six of the 12 drafters got their first preference because everyone loves a different spot in the draft. That's pretty cool. When all 12 guys are happy with their draft spots, it makes for a fun draft and a fun league.

Not everyone is taking Tom's advice and going 1-4, so be careful with how much you take from Tom!! :D Some like it in the middle, some like it at the bottom, some like it somewhere inbetween all of those sections. That's what makes KDS special: Most folks get spots they want and after all, when you're paying for the draft spots why shouldn't you have a say in where you draft?

Keep studying the drafts and if you see an area that you'll like in the first three rounds target it and hope for the best. This year is going to be crazy, crazy and anything can happen. Good luck and enjoy your time in the NFFC.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:52 am

Greg/Tom,

159 documented concussions in the NFL last year. Will the new rules help lower this number? This number was staggering.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:53 am

Originally posted by Bullgod:
Tom & Greg, who scores more points if both Vick and Rodgers play a full healthy 16 games with no nagging injuries?

And...who would be your top draft choice out of Angela Jolie, Anne Margaret or Sophia Loren? The latter 2 in their primes of course :D :D :D You're asking two Packers' fans this? :D Rodgers for me. I think this offense is going to be really special this year with Finley back in the lineup and a stronger running game. I hope Sherrod can handle LG because that would be a massive left side of the line. Grant, Starks and Green could be a solid backfield if they can stay healthy as all of them offer something different. I like Rodgers in this offense, but he definitely needs to avoid another concussion this year. That still scares me.

Can I have all three?? Wow, your brain isn't totally on football yet this year, is it? :D Listen, I'm with Tom on the Angelina nastiness. Yikes. But Sophia Loren very easily could be No. 1 on this list. Beautiful, elegant, speaking in a language I can't understand. Pleeeeeease. Heck, she still looked GREAT in Grumpier Old Men, while Ann-Margaret also looked good in Grumpy Old Men at the age of 60 or whatever. :D Now stop asking these kinds of questions with just me all alone in this offense. We need to get our brains on football, not favorite women. :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:03 am

Who has a bigger turn out, Vegas or NY.

Do you see more guys playing Online rather than drafting live and why.
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

THE ICON

Post by THE ICON » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:08 am

hey guys when do you guys think youll have the picks set for the classic? im gonna assume a week before?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:14 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Greg/Tom,

159 documented concussions in the NFL last year. Will the new rules help lower this number? This number was staggering. Marc, I don't know if there will be more or less concussions during the season, but there definitely won't be any during practices. Wow, have you watched any of these first week practices on NFL Network? They are like jog throughs. Linemen have baseball caps on and joking around. The new CBA really looks like it is going to take it easy on the practices to avoid further injuries then. But in game situations, anything is possible.

I'm not sure any rule can prevent concussions; only better helmets. If the helmet Aaron Rodgers is wearing now (with the double dome) helps prevent concussions then every player should wear them. But when big guys hit bigger guys at full speed something has to give and no rule can prevent that hard hit to the head.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:18 am

I'll answer the three latest questions in one post.

1. As far as concussions, I agree that is a huge concern. My hope is we'll see fewer of them going forward with the league starting to crack down on unnecessary hits to the head. So if I had to make a prediction I'd say the number goes down. I sure I'm right about that.

2. New York has been our No. 1 site three times in the past. We miscalculated going to Citi Field for the NFFC last year so hopefully we see a strong return as we're back in Manhattan this year. Vegas would be viewed as the favorite right now but I think New York is the upset pick. Besides, you get to hang with me for a weekend. That's about as much fun as you could possibly hope to have. Well kinda. :D

3. We typically announce the draft orders for the Live Events 7-10 days before the event date. We hope to be able to do that again this year. Ideally, we'd have both weekends sold out before I go to New York and Greg goes to Vegas. That may not happen but it's a great goal to shoot for.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich