The NFFC Diamond League Is SOLD OUT!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:48 am

I hope he doesn't mind me posting this, but last week I emailed the Diamond League group something and I didn't hear back right away from Larry Schechter. He's our two-time NFFC Ultimate League champ who was one of only seven owners to make the Championship Round in both main events last year. He's one of the best we have in the NFFC.

Well, when he finally got a hold of me later that night he apologized for being out of touch but said he was golfing. Being a golf lover myself, I said I hope he hit 'em straight. He then replied that he just got his second hole-in-one of his career!!! CONGRATS MAN!!! :D

So now you know what you're going up against in the Diamond League. An ace of a golfer and an ace of a fantasy player. Congrats Larry.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:38 pm

Thanks to all owners who responded to me via email. Right now it looks like the consensus is to stay with 12 teams and most prefer Aug. 16th as the KDS deadline. I'll send out another email to the group soon, but I'm all for sticking with 12 teams, the same format we had planned for and getting the draft spots announced around Aug. 18 or 19. Sound good?

I thank everyone for considering the Diamond expanding to 14 teams. Almost everyone agreed to expand if needed, but many said they were planning on a 12-team Diamond League. I could tell from the sentiment that most owners wanted to remain with the lower league size for this one and I'd rather not rock the boat here. Let's go with it and next year maybe we'll have a 14-team option and a 12-team option and see where the demand lies.

Good luck all and let's plan accordingly. Thanks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:17 am

We unfortunately lost one owner in the NFFC Diamond League this week as the finances just didn't work out. That means we still have one spot left for the Friday, Sept. 10th draft. You can draft with us at the Bellagio Las Vegas or via phone/online and we'll get you in with us. Here's the latest list of owners. Who wants to join us for a chance to win $80,000 by dominating your league?

NFFC DIAMOND LEAGUE
12-Team League
Friday, Sept. 10, 10 a.m. PST
Bellagio, Las Vegas
1. Glenn Schroter, Whitestone, New York
2. Peter Berall, Montreal, Quebec
3. Jules McLean, Los Angeles, California
4. Rob Silver, Toronto, Ontario
5. Louis Tranquilli, Clinton, New Jersey
6. Chad Schroeder, Omaha, Nebraska
7. Larry Schechter, Rexford, New York
8. Pat Sorge, Schaumburg, Illinois
9. David Coman, Tulsa, Oklahoma
10. Jim Ferrari, San Diego, California
11. Brian Zeid, Aurora, Ohio

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:20 am

Hey guys, what happened to the couple of guys that wanted to bump this to a 14 teamer?
Do you think we will still be able to pick the draft spots the 18th or 19th if we can get someone in that 12th spot soon?

Thanks

[ August 06, 2010, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Bullgod ]
Pat Sorge

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:43 am

Originally posted by Bullgod:
Hey guys, what happened to the couple of guys that wanted to bump this to a 14 teamer?
Do you think we will still be able to pick the draft spots the 18th or 19th if we can get someone in that 12th spot soon?

Thanks We have reached out to them. One just turned us down and the other isn't sure if the date works for him now. I'm still hopeful, but obviously we need a full dance card to dance in two weeks. I'm on the phone now trying my best Pat.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:24 am

Just a heads up here that we do still have one spot left for the Diamond League. We have a few owners interested in the spot, so I remain hopeful that we'll have this filled shortly. But the spot is open if anyone still wants to get in the Diamond League, with its 95.8% payback.

Thanks to those thinking about this and contacting me thus far.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:50 am

I think a lot of folks in this league will like this news: WE'RE SOLD OUT AGAIN FOR THE NFFC DIAMOND LEAGUE!!

They will also like to hear that NFFC veteran Kevin Schiller of Phoenix, Arizona is the owner of that 12th team. Kevin has had great success in the NFBC and NFFC and he finished second to Glenn Schroter in another high-dollar league last year, so he has experience in this format. And he was itching for a 14-team Diamond League, but couldn't resist the friendships here and the high percentage payback.

I told him I loved him for taking this last spot!! :D Heck, I love everyone in this league and every NFFC league!! :D But Kevin takes the cake today.

Okay, this one is Friday morning near the Wedding Chapel at the Bellagio. Set your KDS preferences by Tuesday, Aug. 17th at noon ET and I'll pick the draft spots the next day and release the draft spots Thursday or Friday next week. The plan is to videotape this in St. Louis so you can see how the 12 bingo balls bounced!! Sound good?

LET'S DO IT!!! Thanks all.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:53 am

Okay, this year we have:

1 NFFC Diamond League
1 NFFC Ultimate League
3 NFFC Super Leagues

Nice.

All three have KDS deadlines of Tuesday, Aug. 17th at noon ET. I'll do the dirty work after that. Should be fun, fun, fun. Please all set your KDS preferences and hopefully you'll get a draft spot you are very comfortable with. Thanks all.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:29 am

Just a heads up to all Diamond League participants that it looks like 10 of 12 owners in this event will be in Las Vegas. Peter Berall and Larry Schechter are calling into this draft with me hosting it in Las Vegas at the Bellagio. Again, I think we will be in Bellagio Ballroom 3 near the Wedding Chapel. If folks want to get married before or after the draft, make your reservations now!! :D

Here's the lineup card again with those owners designated for Las Vegas:

NFFC DIAMOND LEAGUE
12-Team League
Friday, Sept. 10, 10 a.m. PST
Bellagio, Las Vegas
1. Glenn Schroter, Whitestone, New York (LV)
2. Peter Berall, Montreal, Quebec (P)
3. Jules McLean, Los Angeles, California (LV)
4. Rob Silver, Toronto, Ontario (LV)
5. Louis Tranquilli, Clinton, New Jersey (LV)
6. Chad Schroeder, Omaha, Nebraska (LV)
7. Larry Schechter, Rexford, New York (LV)
8. Pat Sorge, Schaumburg, Illinois (LV)
9. David Coman, Tulsa, Oklahoma (LV)
10. Jim Ferrari, San Diego, California (LV)
11. Brian Zeid, Aurora, Ohio (LV)
12. Kevin Schiller, Phoenix, Arizona (LV)

Thanks all.