2 RecTD, 53 RecYds, 4 REC 21.3
FLEX Brandon Marshall 6.1%
2 RecTD, 131 RecYds, 9 REC, 1 100+Rec 37.1
DST Giants 3.8%
1 14-20 PA, 1 BLK 3

Tom Kessenich

Re: Week 12 Thoughts & Observations

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:27 am

TR's arguments against Brown are exactly why I liked him even more in DFS. If people were that put off by Brown's matchup they would've faded him and if he put up a regular Antonio Brown game I'm that much further ahead. Anytime you can get a stud talent as a Contrarian play that's a huge benefit in DFS. I said last week Brady was the ultimate Contrarian play in Week 12 and that worked out great for everyone who started him and not so great for those who faded him and took inferior options (::coughJoshMcCowncough::).
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TR

Re: Week 12 Thoughts & Observations

Post by TR » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:01 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:TR's arguments against Brown are exactly why I liked him even more in DFS. If people were that put off by Brown's matchup they would've faded him and if he put up a regular Antonio Brown game I'm that much further ahead. Anytime you can get a stud talent as a Contrarian play that's a huge benefit in DFS. I said last week Brady was the ultimate Contrarian play in Week 12 and that worked out great for everyone who started him and not so great for those who faded him and took inferior options (::coughJoshMcCowncough::).
Only 13 percent owned Brown which isn't alot for an elite player..it's much easier to take an elite receiver out of a game than it is an elite quarterback. Can just stick shutdown corner on him in addition to double team him..then u throw in the .5 per reception and his expensive price. U could have paid up for that contrarian play Brady and used Martavis Bryant who had the much better matchup and cheaper price point. I also had strong feeling that game would be a shootout and agreed with u the seattle defense overall has been nowhere near as good as it was in the past. I knew Sherman had been shadow covering opposing receivers this year as opposed to just staying in zone in the past. My only qualm was trying to figure out if Sherman would be on Brown or Bryant. Early reports suggested he would be in Brown, so that made me lean towards starting Bryant. If I knew for sure Sherman was gonna be on Brown the entire game, I wouldn't have even thought about Brown. Would have felt good about plugging in Bryant, saving money to use on contrarian plays elsewhere in lineup.