What Does The First Round Of 2016 Look Like?

TheReckoner

Re: What Does The First Round Of 2016 Look Like?

Post by TheReckoner » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:26 am

KenGill wrote:Some of these guys being mentioned are really a throw of the dart.
Call me crazy but I'd take Cam in round one before guys like Jordy Nelson, certainly before D. Freeman, even before Dez.

Who is going to throw Dez the football next year? Romo seems like he's about 50 years old and he's coming off an injury.
Todd Gurley? Bust written all over him. He had 5 good games this season, doesn't catch passes and plays for a bad team.

Some of these guys I don't agree with true... But Cam in the first? Theres at least 13 or 14 Qbs you can roll with as a starter and feel comfortable IMO. Truth is WRs will be the theme next year but no one likes starting at a disadvantage so they will try to find a RB (freeman, peterson) to feel comfortable. When both shouldn't be first rounders. Its why I think Brandin Cooks will jump into the first round, if the team retains Payton and Brees.

And for whoever said Hopkins was prime candidate for let down? What more could go wrong for him to have a let down?! He's succeeded with no QB, no RB and dominates.... He's the 3rd best player on the board next year.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:57 pm

Here's what I might be looking at:

1-3 Antonio, Julio, ODB - that will probably be most of the drafts

4-5 Leveon, Deandre - Bell is the best bet for 325+ at RB and Deandre is incredible.

6-12 here it gets dicier

Marshall (Age)
Gurley (Stud talent bad offense)
Dez (still a stud)
Peterson (age and he doesn't catch the ball)
ARob - probably the 6th or 7th pick
Gronk - need I say more?
AJ Green

The guys competing for spots in the top 12 will be Demaryius (unknown QB), Freeman (nice ppr but not a great talent, one year wonder?) ,David Johnson (depends on what he does the next 2-4 games), Cooks (but I very much prefer him in the second),

QB's will go later than ever next year. TE's will have their usual 4th - 5th round run except for Gronk and Reed. WR's will go crazy like we've never seen it before. That's just my thoughts.

Wayne

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:22 pm

All of this is fun talk but if you look at the thread predicting this yrs draft some were arguing whether Charles or lacy should go #1. If you look at last yrs predictions it will make you laugh.one thing for certain...... Things will change.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:00 am

Charles was having a great season before he got hurt. Not saying he should've been the No. 1 pick but he wasn't a mistake in the first round. He was just one of the roughly 8,547 running backs who got hurt this season. Never seen a year like this one where one position was so completely and utterly decimated by injuries. Tim Hightower becoming a legit playoff star after being out of the league for four years was one of the most insane things we may ever see in fantasy.

Then again Josh Freeman looked a helluva lot better yesterday than Tom Brady so I'm pretty sure everything has gotten flipped on its head.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

pjoner

Post by pjoner » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:20 pm

Live 2016 industry mock draft if anyone is interested.

http://football13.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... LAY=LEAGUE

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:53 pm

pjoner wrote:Live 2016 industry mock draft if anyone is interested.

Interesting Gurley taken 3rd. Appears to be PPR, based upon the 1st round WR dominance and I am assuming Nikita Whitlock was a placeholder in the 3rd round, though I am not sure for who.

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:11 pm

JETS SB wrote:

Interesting Gurley taken 3rd. Appears to be PPR, based upon the 1st round WR dominance and I am assuming Nikita Whitlock was a placeholder in the 3rd round, though I am not sure for who.
Not that it is completely out of line, but I believe that was Kay Adams who took Gurley, she's from St. Louis, so that might answer the Gurley question.

As far as the Whitlock pick, could only imagine it's for Ezekiel Elliott, possibly Derrick Henry.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:15 pm

CALI CARTEL wrote:
JETS SB wrote:

Not that it is completely out of line, but I believe that was Kay Adams who took Gurley, she's from St. Louis, so that might answer the Gurley question.
It wasn't Kay. She wasn't in the draft.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich