Time To Finalize Draft Champions Leagues

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:47 am

Originally posted by KyThunder:
greg, have you an update on the DC's for us since your email? Tom and I are trying to piece this one together now. It's tough as we need a few more bodies just to close out four leagues. If anyone has interest in this format, give us a holler because it looks like this might be the last of the contests to be finalized and maybe not even by Friday.

Right now we have the following folks guaranteed to compete:

Las Vegas - 24
New York - 7
Chicago - 9
Boston - 4
Online - 4

The 4 pm drafts just aren't going to go in all of the cities, so we have some juggling to do. I'm not sure any of those guys can move to the earlier drafts. We have some guys who said they would do the $1300 DC, but not the $850. So we'll see if we can get them, but we need more bodies to make this happen, especially in New York.

We're working the phones. Stay tuned and sorry for the delay, but we had 57 signups for the DC two months ago and we've gone backwards since.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:00 am

Okay, we're trying our hardest in Chicago to get close to a full league, which would help all cities. George Kleemann -- God Bless his soul (and Sandi's wallet!!) :D -- will jump back into the DC on Friday morning. We'll see if Doug Berry can move from the 4 pm to the 11 am, which would also help. So we'll keep making calls and see if we can get Chicago close to a full league and keep working on New York and Las Vegas. And we'll call those owners who wanted the $1300 DC but haven't jumped into this overall championship yet.

Anyway, here's what we're looking at right now in Chicago:

CHICAGO
Trackside, Arlington Park
Friday, Sept. 3, 11 a.m. CST
1. Tony Guido, Plainfield, Illinois
2. Billy Wasosky, Richmond, Virginia
3. Wayne Ellis, Evansville, Indiana
4. Mike Ferre, Peoria, Illinois
5. Billy Opiola, Mosinee, Wisconsin
6. Ted Kasten, Chicago, Illinois
7. Brian Owens, South Lebanon, Ohio
8. Bill Cleavenger, Morganfield, Kentucky
9. Philip McDonald, Huntsville, Alabama
10. George Kleemann, Palatine, Illinois (P)

CHICAGO
Friday, Sept. 3, 4 pm CST
1. Doug Berry, Plover, Wisconsin
2. Ted Kasten, Chicago, Illinois
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:15 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Okay, we're trying our hardest in Chicago to get close to a full league, which would help all cities. George Kleemann -- God Bless his soul (and Sandi's wallet!!) :D -- will jump back into the DC on Friday morning. We'll see if Doug Berry can move from the 4 pm to the 11 am, which would also help. So we'll keep making calls and see if we can get Chicago close to a full league and keep working on New York and Las Vegas. And we'll call those owners who wanted the $1300 DC but haven't jumped into this overall championship yet.

Anyway, here's what we're looking at right now in Chicago:

CHICAGO
Friday, Sept. 3, 11 a.m. CST
1. Tony Guido, Plainfield, Illinois
2. Billy Wasosky, Richmond, Virginia
3. Wayne Ellis, Evansville, Indiana
4. Mike Ferre, Peoria, Illinois
5. Billy Opiola, Mosinee, Wisconsin
6. Ted Kasten, Chicago, Illinois
7. Brian Owens, South Lebanon, Ohio
8. Bill Cleavenger, Morganfield, Kentucky
9. Philip McDonald, Huntsville, Alabama
10. George Kleemann, Palatine, Illinois (P)

CHICAGO
Friday, Sept. 3, 4 pm CST
1. Doug Berry, Plover, Wisconsin
2. Ted Kasten, Chicago, Illinois
why do have this sneaky suspicion that this league will get full by Friday? ;)

youda'man, greg
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:29 pm

Bill Strickler has joined the DC fun so with George and Bill that gets us two steps closer to figuring this whole thing out. Hang with us everyone and hopefully we can put this puzzle together real soon.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:08 am

Any update? Draft date is in one week. Thanks.

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:51 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Any update? Draft date is in one week. Thanks. i'm sure they're working diligently, scraping and clawing to get to a number.
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:40 am

Originally posted by KyThunder:
quote:Originally posted by Sandman62:
Any update? Draft date is in one week. Thanks. i'm sure they're working diligently, scraping and clawing to get to a number. [/QUOTE]We are at 51 owners right now and trying to get to 56 to make this work. I know it's only a week away, but we are stuck at the same numbers as above. Nobody else has jumped into this event since then. We have to get the main events finalized today and then I'll make a few last calls this weekend. We all want to go forward with the DC Championship and now we have to find a few more owners to make that possible. But it won't get done today, unfortunately.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:10 am

Greg, Tom, with the Classic & Primetime league assignments & draft slots given out (thanks for my #1 KDS on both btw ), the Auction Championships reconfigured & finalized, the Online Championships sold out, and the 4th Super with just one remaining spot, this DC Championships remains the last major item on the "To Do" list.

Greg, if you have trouble getting those last 5 signups to complete a 4th league, what's the contingency plan? Would we have the DC Championships with three full leagues?
I personally would be fine with that.

Either way, with only six days to go, we probably need to decide one way or the other. If this doesn't go, some of us might need to adjust travel and/or work plans.

Let us know....thanks.

Glenn

lycanthrope

Post by lycanthrope » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:24 am

How about a promotion like the ones you have that give people autographed pictures and other swag? Maybe put out an advertisement on fanball.com pushing just the NFFC DC leagues? "Would you join a league if your best lineup played every week? You never need to worry about starting the wrong players. Don't have time to do fantasy football because of all the weekly changes and free agency periods? We have the answer for you..." I think several people don't fully understand the concept and might be reeled in with some encouragement. I am willing to wait to get my draft slot as long as we can fill the leagues.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:39 am

Excellent points Lycanthrope! I've mentioned the format to a few friends and though they've never heard of such an animal, they all think it's a great concept. I'm still working on one guy, as we speak. He's working out his work schedule.