Who's Coming To The NFFC?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 05, 2004 11:08 am

Jersey Paul is signed up for all three NFFC events, but he's drafting at the New York Hilton. Unless, of course, you can convince him to join the fun in Las Vegas. ;) Paul, I'll drink that free beer if you can't make it out to the Flamingo!!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Wed May 05, 2004 5:58 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Jersey Paul is signed up for all three NFFC events, but he's drafting at the New York Hilton. Unless, of course, you can convince him to join the fun in Las Vegas. ;) Paul, I'll drink that free beer if you can't make it out to the Flamingo!!! Wow, I didn't know that I had made a reputation for myself. I think he's confusing me with Dyv

Yes, it's the Hilton for me. Of course with Friday traffic it might be shorter to fly to Vegas from Newark than to try to get through the Lincoln Tunnel. Friday will definately be a marathon. This is going to be a very challenging draft, as befitting this contest.

Those of us playing high stakes fantasy baseball are really at a disadvantage. I can't really bring myself to do my football research when every RBI and Win seems to move my team 1 or 2 places in the standings. I guess I'll have to cram in August.

Speaking of that, I hope we can arrange to get our free magazines early. I'd be happy to chip in the postage and handling to get them while they are useful.

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Thu May 06, 2004 1:24 am

Wow, I didn't know that I had made a reputation for myself. I think he's confusing me with Dyv

Speaking of that, I hope we can arrange to get our free magazines early. I'd be happy to chip in the postage and handling to get them while they are useful. [/QB]lol - I'll drink your beer for you if I need to, JP

I'd like the mags early as well - Greg - can you give us an anticipated schedule for when this might happen and how to pay, etc. ?

Dave
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 06, 2004 2:48 am

Dyv, I have a deal for you. We'll drink Corona's like we did in Las Vegas in March until we're blue in the face and leave the bill for Mr. Bill. Deal? ;)

No problem on the magazines. Here's the scoop: Krause Publications is publishing no fewer than eight fantasy football titles this summer and we'll give a free copy of each to every NFFC manager and co-manager. We will ship them directly to you possibly in two waves as we have some available by July 1 and others by August 1. We'll just add $10 shipping charges to your credit card if you want the magazines early and obviously I'll call or e-mail each NFFC member ahead of time to see if you want the magazines or not. We're not trying to make money off this, just covering the shipping charges and making sure our custom publishing titles are in the hands of the most dedicated fantasy football players in the country.

Here's the list of magazines each NFFC manager and co-manager will receive: Fantasy Sports Magazine, GuruReport.com Fantasy Football, RotoTimes.com Fantasy Football and RotoWire.com Fantasy Football by around July 1. Then in early August you'll receive RotoWorld.com Fantasy Football, Fantasy Sports Magazine (second issue), Tuff Stuff Fantasy Football and Scoresandodds.com Fantasy Football. That's eight magazines coming to you before we even bill your credit card on Aug. 1, more than a $50 value.

How's that for a deal? Oh, don't worry, we'll still have plenty of goodies waiting for you on Draft Day in your goodie bag. I'm working on those right now and they will be more extensive than our baseball giveaways. Enjoy the magazines and be prepared for what is sure to be an intense draft in all three cities.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Thu May 06, 2004 8:26 am

Yeah! Thanks Mr. Bill!
(Oh no... Mr. Bill....!!!)

Put me as a definite yes for the magazines - heck of a deal ;)

Dyv

mrbill40

Post by mrbill40 » Thu May 06, 2004 10:42 am

Guys, I will buy the beer, lets get $hitfaced and have a great time.

Bill Ezzell
Going for the Quadruple Crown!!!
Draft Champion, Auction, Main Event and Ultimate.
Ezzell Brothers

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 06, 2004 10:59 am

Bill, you do realize you're talking to a cheesehead here, a guy who lives on beer and cheese. ;) Get your credit card out. As for Dyv, he's a little guy who can only handle so much Corona. His tab will be $mall, but I'm all for that partying you're offering! It should be mighty hot in Vegas in September, so it will all go down like water.

mrbill40

Post by mrbill40 » Thu May 06, 2004 11:04 am

OK, maybe I will limit it to one night of buying the beer, then it can be somebody else's turn.

Bill Ezzell
Going for the Quadruple Crown!!!
Draft Champion, Auction, Main Event and Ultimate.
Ezzell Brothers

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Thu May 06, 2004 1:02 pm

Hehe, Michiganders can drink a few brewskis... might even be able to put a cheeshead or two under the table ;)

One thing I know for sure - one of our Leaderboard guys is opening up a new bar in Vegas in August, so we may even have a fantasy sports bar to hang out in and damage up Bill's credit card, lol.

Looking forward to the fun,

Dave

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 13, 2004 2:53 am

Okay, let's get back to welcoming our signups as Heath Kowalski of Henderson, Nevada and co-manager Scott Kennedy have signed up to compete in the NFFC's main event in Las Vegas. Heath and Scott are new to our NFFC family of high-stakes games, so welcome aboard guys. Best of luck in the hunt for the $200,000 grand prize and welcome to our growing NFFC family. See you at the Flamingo in less than four months!