WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

mkrucek

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by mkrucek » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:59 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Please tell me what you would have done, K of Q?

Either way you cut it...there is hell to pay.

I actually think they did well in the decision they made.

Everyone still had the chance to fill their rosters...nobody had the advantage of knowing anothers bids when bidding.

There HAD to be casualties in this one...and the casualties were those that waited the longest without bidding had less players to bid on.

~Lance Here is what should have happened:

(1) The results from the erroneous 8 a.m. evaluator should have been wiped out. The original bids should have been placed back in the system, with teams free to change those bids up until 8 p.m. this evening. Every owner should have had an opportunity to bid on every player that was a free agent this week, including the ones that were mistakenly placed on teams at 8 am.m this morning. While the blind bids were compromised, giving every owner access to every free agent was the much "lesser evil" -- by far.

(2) Lenny and Emil should have taken a stand on this much more quickly than they did. Jeremy from Xpertsports put up a post sometime this morning that he had "spoken to Lenny". Lenny did not appear on the message boards at all, while Emil appeared at around 3 p.m.

(3) The poll that was put up should not have impacted WCOFF's decision-making process. The poll was put up without warning in the middle of the day, and the vast majority of WCOFF owners did not know about it until after the poll results were closed. Under 100 votes were received, without any way to tell how many of those votes were multiple votes from the same owner. Additionally, "junior members" were unable to vote until they had 30 posts. Finally, many WCOFF owners do not post on the message boards and are not even registered. A much better solution would have been to send an urgent e-mail to each owner, asking for their vote.

Lance, mistakes happen all the time. It is the manner in which these mistakes are dealt with that ultimately determines the success or failure of a situation. Here, the mistake was not properly handled. In fact, it was miserably handled. As a result, I do not have faith in Lenny and Emil to make proper decisions should a situation such as this arise again.
[/QUOTE]1 - What about teams that don't have access to computers during the day that had set their bids, expecting them to be processed? How could they change them, if needed? And at this point of the season, some people don't have enough money to up their bids if they felt the need to after the rest of the league saw them.

2 - Absolutely, if only to say we're working on a solution

3 - the poll was idiotic

There is no good solution here.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

mikeybok

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by mikeybok » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:05 pm

Originally posted by 4D:
UYT, I'm not sure I understand this post at the end. And in your first part, you only have Joe and Lucky. What if Lizard hadn't bid yet, and he had more money than Joe? He now sees who Joe wanted and how much he did/could spend. Not to mention others that might have set their bids and not have access to the computer until after the deadline. How would they know they had to re-bid?

BTW, I did not personally like the decision handed down. By cancelling the bids and resetting ... the person who is willing to spend the most money ... still gets Daniels ... it could be Joe, Lizard, lucky or anyone else in the league. Guys at this level of FF should be bidding what a guys worth to him anyway ... not bidding based on what another guy bids.

The way it was done ... guys who do their bids in after work on Friday are shut out ... KoQ is dead right about this ... much greater injustice
Hakuna Matata!

King of Queens

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by King of Queens » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:08 pm

Originally posted by 4D:
What about teams that don't have access to computers during the day that had set their bids, expecting them to be processed? How could they change them, if needed? And at this point of the season, some people don't have enough money to up their bids if they felt the need to after the rest of the league saw them.Like I said, the bids would go back into the system in their original form. Those without computer access or who were unaware of the situation might get hosed, or they might not.

Even more hosed is the guy who came home from work at 6pm tonight to put in his free agent bids, only to find out that the 2 QBs, 3 WRs and 3 Ks that he was interested in picking up this week -- with the hopes of getting one or two of them -- are all gone.

Appeasing the second owner is the lesser of two evils. As you said, there is no [good] solution, but denying access to all free agents is much worse than revealing bids that can still be changed by almost every owner.

The ruling on this is not only wrong, it's shocking.

mikeybok

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by mikeybok » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:09 pm

Originally posted by 4D:
1 - What about teams that don't have access to computers during the day that had set their bids, expecting them to be processed? How could they change them, if needed? And at this point of the season, some people don't have enough money to up their bids if they felt the need to after the rest of the league saw them.
No solution is perfect ... The high bid still gets the player ... they wer going to leave the FA open until Saturday night at 8:00pm to give everyone a chance to modify their bids (which was a great idea BTW)
Hakuna Matata!

mikeybok

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by mikeybok » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:11 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:

The ruling on this is not only wrong, it's shocking. Amen ... King for League President!
Hakuna Matata!

mkrucek

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by mkrucek » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:11 pm

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by 4D:
1 - What about teams that don't have access to computers during the day that had set their bids, expecting them to be processed? How could they change them, if needed? And at this point of the season, some people don't have enough money to up their bids if they felt the need to after the rest of the league saw them.
No solution is perfect ... The high bid still gets the player ... they wer going to leave the FA open until Saturday night at 8:00pm to give everyone a chance to modify their bids (which was a great idea BTW)
[/QUOTE]But now the high bid can be higher than someone otherwise would have made knowing where the winning bid was. And if the original winner has less money? I guess we'll never know.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

King of Queens

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by King of Queens » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:13 pm

Swifter action by Lenny and Emil would have enabled them to come up with a better plan than that poll they put up at 3pm.

mikeybok

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by mikeybok » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:15 pm

Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by 4D:
[/QUOTE]But now the high bid can be higher than someone otherwise would have made knowing where the winning bid was. And if the original winner has less money? I guess we'll never know.
[/QUOTE]In the example ... you can give the player to Lucky for $61 ... or you can let Lizard and Joe Shmo bid and give the player to the high bidder knowing that Lucky bid $61. Seems like a no brainer to me.
Hakuna Matata!

King of Queens

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by King of Queens » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:17 pm

Originally posted by 4D:
But now the high bid can be higher than someone otherwise would have made knowing where the winning bid was. And if the original winner has less money? I guess we'll never know. Right, this is the ONLY owner that loses in this deal. Unless these owners were spending all their money in Week 9 (WCOFF free agency goes to Week 11, so not very likely), they would be free to amend their bids upwards. Or downwards. Or delete them altogether.

Really, how many people were affected by the above scenario?

Now how many were affected by not having access to all free agents?

mkrucek

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by mkrucek » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:20 pm

I guess I'm stupid - I told you, UYT - but in your example he would have gone to the $181 bid, not the $61. If Lucky had bid $51 and Lizard $40, then saw Joe bid $181, rebidding would allow either to bid more. And if Lucky was out of moeny he wasn't too Lucky. Especially if Joe was playing Lucky that week.

Again, it doesn't matter anymore, and I didn't agree with the way it was handled. Having said all that, I'll be back.