Week 9 Thoughts

Sandman62

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:07 am

Here are the weekly NFFC points for 2 first round picks this year. Which would you rather have?

7.3, 50.9, 11, 11.9, 5.3, 12.8, bye, 36.9, 29.5 = 165.6
32.2, 6.7, 25.6, 19.4, 18, bye, 21.3, 32.7, 13.4 = 169.3

Both will help w/ your total points; but one certainly seems better for H2H.

[ November 09, 2009, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

Raiders

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by Raiders » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:26 am

Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by Renman:
I have LT on one team. Don't you also have him in your WCOFF team in League 66? I only know this because I am a silent partner in that league - not because I'm stalking you. ;) [/QUOTE]Two things.
One You are not silent(Some would say you never were). :D
Second my best guess is Premier Fantasy is you partner. ;)

John

Raiders

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by Raiders » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:31 am

Originally posted by Quahogs:

Ren - I thought I saw you at the Giant game checking out your favorite player. Don't deny it ! :D That's why I knew James saw LT play this week. :D

3INTBOY

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by 3INTBOY » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:12 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Sorry James, but I don't see any similarities between LT's season and Megatron's. Yes, both have been disappointing but for Johnson, it's entirely due to him having missed time with an injury. For LT, the signs of his demise have been rather apparent for the past two season. What's happening this season isn't a surprise given how he has broken down at the end of each of the past two seasons. This is Calvin's third season and the first time he will have missed more than one game in his career.

With Calvin, you have a player who is disappointing due to an injury. With LT, you have a 30-year-old RB with a huge amount of touches under his belt who is (in my opinion) clearly breaking down and has little left. I think it's extremely likely Calvin bounces back either this season or next. I think it's highly unlikely LT does. Gotta ask Tom, did you say that about LT2 before the season?

Yes Calvin has been hurt, Matthew Stafford is also TERRIBLY inaccurate at this point. So it's not just injury, he's been the vivtim of bad QB play.

Also-I have to ask this as well. Two seasons ago the Packers were in the NFC Chambpionship game in O.T. and lost on the Favre INT (Sorry, not trying to open old wounds :( )
After that season, did you think they had talent and were well coached and had stolen a feature back from the Giants? Or was it all just that Brett Favre was so good?

I know what Packers fans you and Greg are, and just find that an interesting question.

To me, they weren't dummies then, they were healthy and the offensive line was better (The one spot Thompson does deserve a beating on IMO).

3'

rkulaski

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by rkulaski » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:30 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Back to my Chris Johnson Man Love, I want to say that the owners who got him at the end of the first round or even in the second deserve all of the happiness they receive. That was absurd and ridiculous value for a Top 3 player. I was shocked at how far Johnson fell in a lot of drafts this year. In all of the leagues I was in where I had a Top 5 pick, there was no way he was ever falling past me and a few times he was there for me. He is an amazing talent and he's the closest thing I've seen to Barry Sanders since Sanders retired.

And yes, I realize the magnitude of that comparison. But that's how good I think Johnson is. He and Adrian Peterson are the two most dynamic running backs in the game right now and Johnson is making a very realistic run at 2,000 yards rushing. Tom,

I said it awhile back but, after A Peterson, Chris Johnson was arguably my #2 pick next to Forte (boy, was I wrong there).

In my 5 leagues, I got AP at #1 in one of them. In the other 4, I targeted C Johnson every league. In 2 of them, he fell to me at #6 and #11. Can't believe he went as late as the 2nd rd in some drafts. And the 4th and inches play that he scored a td running to the sidelines was very pretty.

While Renman is unabashedly wrong about LT, he's right that an o-line makes a huge difference (duh). When you couple C-Johnson's talent with that line, he was a sure thing as far as I was concerned.

LT - does anyone think his knee still isn't right??

rkulaski

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by rkulaski » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:36 pm

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
FatDale hasn't been a goal line vulture this season, though. The Titans tried him yesterday and he failed badly. On the next play, Johnson scored. That was his second close-range TD of the game.

I have Johnson in a ton of leagues this season and the only times he disappointed me were the games I listed. I'm very happy with him again this season. Tom....do you think CJ will be top 3 in next years draft? I wish I would've kept my rankings from April and not been so swayed as the summer wore on.
[/QUOTE]Since I wasn't asked...

next yr:

1. AP
2. C Johnson / Titans
3. L Fitz
4. AJ
5. MJD
6. R Rice :eek:

rkulaski

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by rkulaski » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:43 pm

Originally posted by 3intboyBFD:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Sorry James, but I don't see any similarities between LT's season and Megatron's. Yes, both have been disappointing but for Johnson, it's entirely due to him having missed time with an injury. For LT, the signs of his demise have been rather apparent for the past two season. What's happening this season isn't a surprise given how he has broken down at the end of each of the past two seasons. This is Calvin's third season and the first time he will have missed more than one game in his career.

With Calvin, you have a player who is disappointing due to an injury. With LT, you have a 30-year-old RB with a huge amount of touches under his belt who is (in my opinion) clearly breaking down and has little left. I think it's extremely likely Calvin bounces back either this season or next. I think it's highly unlikely LT does. Gotta ask Tom, did you say that about LT2 before the season?

Yes Calvin has been hurt, Matthew Stafford is also TERRIBLY inaccurate at this point. So it's not just injury, he's been the vivtim of bad QB play.

Also-I have to ask this as well. Two seasons ago the Packers were in the NFC Chambpionship game in O.T. and lost on the Favre INT (Sorry, not trying to open old wounds :( )
After that season, did you think they had talent and were well coached and had stolen a feature back from the Giants? Or was it all just that Brett Favre was so good?

I know what Packers fans you and Greg are, and just find that an interesting question.

To me, they weren't dummies then, they were healthy and the offensive line was better (The one spot Thompson does deserve a beating on IMO).

3'
[/QUOTE]3intboy,

The Packers o-line was better a couple yrs ago the season they went to the nffc championship game.

The Packers problems are blatantly obvious. There are 3 of them ranked in order from biggest problem to least:

1. O-line pass protection
2. D-line generating a pass rush
3. Qb holding the ball too long increasing the # of sacks given up by the o-line.

Problem #1 is due to a lack of talent, experience (outside of Clifton ... and now Tauscher), and coaching. TT and MM deserve a lot of blame there. Finally, if you watched the game against the Bucs yesterday, these 3 problems were so evident it was disgustingly sickening if you're a Packer fan. Sometimes football is simple- if you can't win the battle on the o-line or d-line, you're going to be in trouble.

Tom, what do you think?? You probably know more about their o-line's potential than me, but it doesn't look good right now. MM is wearing out his stay in GB. I'd LOVE to see Bill Cowher (sp?) come into town next year!

Rich

[ November 09, 2009, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: rkulaski ]

Diesel

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by Diesel » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:57 pm

Week 9 thoughts: I should have taken the "BC" Route (Beer Can Route)instead of Fantasy Football.

A friend of mine once told me if you drink beer and watch football all season, you're GUARANTEED to get the 5 cent deposit back with each can you drink. There aren't any guarantees in Fantasy Football.

This is definitely a year where I would have profitted more, taking the "BC" Route.

Hey, if you can't laugh at yourself, people will do it for you. LMAO
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

King of Queens

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by King of Queens » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:25 pm

Originally posted by Diesel:
Week 9 thoughts: I should have taken the "BC" Route (Beer Can Route)instead of Fantasy Football.

A friend of mine once told me if you drink beer and watch football all season, you're GUARANTEED to get the 5 cent deposit back with each can you drink. There aren't any guarantees in Fantasy Football.

This is definitely a year where I would have profitted more, taking the "BC" Route.

Hey, if you can't laugh at yourself, people will do it for you. LMAO Marc, you can get 10 cents back in Michigan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEpDBQ_Ww6k

:D

The Franchise

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by The Franchise » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:31 pm

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by Renman:
I have LT on one team. Don't you also have him in your WCOFF team in League 66? I only know this because I am a silent partner in that league - not because I'm stalking you. ;) [/QUOTE]Two things.
One You are not silent(Some would say you never were). :D
Second my best guess is Premier Fantasy is you partner. ;)

huh, I'm in that league too? I had a chance to talk to Tom for awhile. Nice guy

Renman, the problem is that you form opinions that don't have many facts, but seem to have many personal feelings incorporated into them which in turn will cause other Fantasy players to question and state their own thoughts. Then when people call you on it, you get upset like only your opinion matters and no one else should respond? :rolleyes:

BTW: After hearing of Renman's comments that the Patriots are a classless organization. Bill Belichick says "I doubt it" When asked about signing L.Johnson...... See they're not that classless?
John
[/QUOTE]
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.