Tom & Greg Live Chat Today At 3 p.m. ET

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:02 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Tom and I have meetings in St. Louis the next three days at the Fanball offices. What should we tell them from you folks?

a) more drink tickets on Draft Day??
b) scantily-clad facilitators of the female persuasion??
c) raises for Greg and Tom and a refrigerator always stocked with Corona's
d) basketball and hockey contests with live events??
e) all of the above EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:08 am

Tom and I have meetings in St. Louis the next three days at the Fanball offices. What should we tell them from you folks?
And after the multiple choices questions are the essay....

Ask them how they are going to promote the NFBC next year? Tell them to get an EARLY start on it....you could even run a satellite someplace warm in early November ;)

Ask them about promoting the NFFC contest and players THIS season, even though they aren't as much involved in setup and running it....Tell them they SHOULD take advantage of promotional opportuities.

Ask them how much of the Fanball magazines will be devoted to NFBC/NFFC coverage?

Will they (you) continue to publish Fantasy Sports Magazine? or does everything get folded into Fanball mags?

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:26 am

Okay guys, I'm back working days, so I can chime in occasionally again.

1-My son said you(Greg and Tom) are poo poo heads for saying he and I would be in the second edition of your mag this year(our pic), and when I bought it, we weren't there. So you guys are on his poo poo list. lol

2-Congratulations on your new joint venture and pay raise and stability of the NFFC...I have to admit, I haven't said anything yet because I was a bit shell shocked when I read that you guys weren't 100% sure if the NFFC was going to survive this season, just a few months ago. I never for a second thought there was any thought of the NFFC going under, and it would have totally surprised me, as well as messed up my entire fantasy schedule (which I plan in APRIL!)

3-I'm glad things went through for you guys, and for us, who've been here for 7 years now. I truly hope this stays the event that it's been and not a computer generated entity, after this season plays out. I gave up the WCFF after 1 season, even though I won $5,000 in my first try with them, because I'd rather play where I'm noticed. Even a little bit. And treated like a peer as well, instead of a customer who, as soon as they're paid, disappears from their "to do list".
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

renman

Post by renman » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:32 am

I think I asked one of you about this already but forget the answer. Did anything or will anything come out of the guys filming at least years NFFC draft in NYC for a future ESPN documentary?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:32 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
And after the multiple choices questions are the essay....

Ask them how they are going to promote the NFBC next year? Tell them to get an EARLY start on it....you could even run a satellite someplace warm in early November ;)

Ask them about promoting the NFFC contest and players THIS season, even though they aren't as much involved in setup and running it....Tell them they SHOULD take advantage of promotional opportuities.

Ask them how much of the Fanball magazines will be devoted to NFBC/NFFC coverage?

Will they (you) continue to publish Fantasy Sports Magazine? or does everything get folded into Fanball mags?
[/QUOTE]All good points. We will take them with us and push for all of this. Thanks much Perry.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:33 am

Greg,
I may be able to signup for an additional NFFC league or two if I do the primetime event by phone or online. Can you remind me (and anyone one else who might be wondering) how that works? Do I get a choice of phone or online? Thanks!

[ August 17, 2009, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko II ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:39 am

Originally posted by Diesel:

1-My son said you(Greg and Tom) are poo poo heads for saying he and I would be in the second edition of your mag this year(our pic), and when I bought it, we weren't there. So you guys are on his poo poo list. lol

2-Congratulations on your new joint venture and pay raise and stability of the NFFC...I have to admit, I haven't said anything yet because I was a bit shell shocked when I read that you guys weren't 100% sure if the NFFC was going to survive this season, just a few months ago. I never for a second thought there was any thought of the NFFC going under, and it would have totally surprised me, as well as messed up my entire fantasy schedule (which I plan in APRIL!)

3-I'm glad things went through for you guys, and for us, who've been here for 7 years now. I truly hope this stays the event that it's been and not a computer generated entity, after this season plays out. I gave up the WCFF after 1 season, even though I won $5,000 in my first try with them, because I'd rather play where I'm noticed. Even a little bit. And treated like a peer as well, instead of a customer who, as soon as they're paid, disappears from their "to do list". Marc,

1. Sorry on this one. We had five folks who didn't get in because of space constraints. We apologize, but hopefully with more mags next year we can make sure we get everyone in.

2. I think you heard this wrong from Glenn. We never said the NFFC wouldn't survive. At the NFL Draft, I knew what was going on behind the scenes with the sale and I responded to Glenn's question with a hint of mystery. I knew something had to change to keep the NFFC in its current format with its current payout structure because folks here were demanding change. Thankfully Fanball stepped up and going forward you'll see that they saved what we already had in place.

3. Again, just because CDM runs online leagues, we're not trying to drive our LIVE events to an all-online format. Just the opposite. We want to be in MORE cities with more contests and more sports. Stay tuned. I think we may have some good ideas about the live events and expand the fun and number of people who will be attending. Again, we want to EXPAND our live presence, not move everyone to online leagues.

Hope this helps. Marc, you've always been one of our best die-hards in this format and supporter of what we're doing. Getting together for the NFL Draft party was just another extension of how we want to be part of our customer base even outside our live drafts. Nothing will change in that area with Tom and I still on board. It can't, or it wouldn't be the NFFC anymore.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:40 am

Originally posted by Renman:
I think I asked one of you about this already but forget the answer. Did anything or will anything come out of the guys filming at least years NFFC draft in NYC for a future ESPN documentary? I know they were still filming interviews in June at the FSTA Conference in June. I assume that piece is still scheduled to be aired. I'll see if I can find out more about that, but they interviewed me recently and said it was on pace to air.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:48 am

quote:Originally posted by Diesel:

3-I'm glad things went through for you guys, and for us, who've been here for 7 years now. I truly hope this stays the event that it's been and not a computer generated entity, after this season plays out. I gave up the WCFF after 1 season, even though I won $5,000 in my first try with them, because I'd rather play where I'm noticed. Even a little bit. And treated like a peer as well, instead of a customer who, as soon as they're paid, disappears from their "to do list". Marc,

1. Sorry on this one. We had five folks who didn't get in because of space constraints. We apologize, but hopefully with more mags next year we can make sure we get everyone in.

2. I think you heard this wrong from Glenn. We never said the NFFC wouldn't survive. At the NFL Draft, I knew what was going on behind the scenes with the sale and I responded to Glenn's question with a hint of mystery. I knew something had to change to keep the NFFC in its current format with its current payout structure because folks here were demanding change. Thankfully Fanball stepped up and going forward you'll see that they saved what we already had in place.

3. Again, just because CDM runs online leagues, we're not trying to drive our LIVE events to an all-online format. Just the opposite. We want to be in MORE cities with more contests and more sports. Stay tuned. I think we may have some good ideas about the live events and expand the fun and number of people who will be attending. Again, we want to EXPAND our live presence, not move everyone to online leagues.

Hope this helps. Marc, you've always been one of our best die-hards in this format and supporter of what we're doing. Getting together for the NFL Draft party was just another extension of how we want to be part of our customer base even outside our live drafts. Nothing will change in that area with Tom and I still on board. It can't, or it wouldn't be the NFFC anymore.
[/QUOTE]What I was curious about the pics were that some people's pics were in BOTH mags. If I didn't have my son in the pic, I really wouldn't have cared so much, but I had to spend nearly 3 hours in Chuck E Cheese making up for it, when he noticed we weren't in there...lol

And moving on from that, I would STRONGLY suggest that if this organization is going to BLOW UP, I would love for you to throw up the idea of having Atlantic City as a Draft City for one seaosn and see how it works. Even if it's a few leagues, it's a place where we can ALL get hammered, and I honestly belive will create GREAT NFFC memories. I know how hard it is to book rooms that weekend, but Atlantic City is the East Coast's VEGAS...Hell, I'd even do Foxwoods if you had to...

But the girls doing the stickers would be my second choice....

And More drink tickets is a given!!!! I'm doing both Auctions this year, and I intend on drinking as many drink tickets as I can sift out of Tom's picket. And that's only before we go out for a few brews after the auctions.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:50 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
it's a place where we can ALL get hammered, and I honestly belive will create GREAT NFFC memories. :D ;)